The Student Room Group

Predict your A/AS level Mathematics UMS!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazza ma razza
Exam Board: Edexcel
C1: 100 / 99
C2: 100 / 99
C3: 90 / 88
C4: 92 / ?
FP1: 88 / ?
FP2: 75 / 70
M1: 30 / 47
S1: 94 / ?
S2: ? / ? got it on monday :s-smilie:
S3: 80 / ?
S4: 87 / ?
D1: 80 / 85

*Gap year student resitting further maths modules (s3 did me over last year)

I am just curious as I may take a gap year to resit some exams too (depending how results day goes)
how did you fill your time throughout the year? (Get a job etc?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Imperion
Was D1 that bad?

Well it wasn't that it was hard or anything it is just that I answered like two questions cause i didnt know anything cause I didnt give a ****. Yeh I know its pretty stupid of me tbh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Didnt u sit M4-5 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can admit physics is hard as ****... I couldn't even sit FP3 cause I spent that much time on physics
This year predicted
M3 100
M4 100
M5 idk 80
S3 70
S4 30
D1 10
D2 duno will update tmoz. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

gl with d2
Original post by Snasher350
I am just curious as I may take a gap year to resit some exams too (depending how results day goes)
how did you fill your time throughout the year? (Get a job etc?)

I want to get into the financial sector - So i managed a trading account (so when i wasnt revising i was monitoring my positions etc) Also started doing some research and free lance writing.
Original post by tazza ma razza
I want to get into the financial sector - So i managed a trading account (so when i wasnt revising i was monitoring my positions etc) Also started doing some research and free lance writing.

Nice. I'm not really interested in the writing. But the trading sounds pretty cool. Was it real trades? And if so what markets do you tend to trade in?
Original post by Student403
physics is hard

I sat the ocr physics paper today. Not hard in the sense of thinking.But I just found it to be like a giant memory test. So much stuff to memorise ...
I sat the ocr physics paper today. Not hard in the sense of thinking.But I just found it to be like a giant memory test. So much stuff to memorise ...

Oh ok I sat Edexcel IAL
C1: 83
c2: 100
c3: 90
c4: 75
s1: 86
s2: 90
524 a

there are not many memorising questions as usual......
Here's my guess

AS:
C1: 97
C2: 84
S1: 71
D1: 83
D2: 72/ predict 67/60 marks
FP1: 86

A2 predictions (marks max/min):
C3: 73/70
C4: 70/67
M1: 70/66
M2: 75/72
FP2: 62/59
FP3: 67/64

Reckon I got A*A and just missed A2 further maths A*? If boundaries are mean to me I double A on the cards? I think this years papers weren't as bad as previous years IMO.
(edited 7 years ago)
First year: A*

Exam Board: AQA
Modules taken: Predicted UMS/Actual UMS
FP2: 100
FP3: 95
FP4: 95
M2: 95
M3: ~60 - 70
M4: 90
M5: ~60
S1: 95
S2: 95
S3: 95
S4: 95

So, A*A* including the first year :smile:
This year predicted
M3 100
M4 100
M5 idk 80
S3 70
S4 30
D1 10
D2 duno will update tmoz. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're definitely re-taking D1 right ? lol. What happened in S4? :s-smilie:... You're a beast with 100 in M3, M4 and 80 & 70 in M5 and S3 respectively then you just didn't give a **** lol.
Original post by Chittesh14
You're definitely re-taking D1 right ? lol. What happened in S4? :s-smilie:... You're a beast with 100 in M3, M4 and 80 & 70 in M5 and S3 respectively then you just didn't give a **** lol.

Na im going uni this year i just didnt give a **** about anything to do with a levels.
Na im going uni this year i just didnt give a **** about anything to do with a levels.

reckon you got the UMS you needed in D2?
Original post by Ayman!
reckon you got the UMS you needed in D2?

Nope lol.
Need like 60 something ive got like 50 something so i have got a B in AFM. I met the A* requirement but missed the 480 one so that is that. This is what happenes wheb you dont't learn 5 modules 😂.
Nope lol.
Need like 60 something ive got like 50 something so i have got a B in AFM. I met the A* requirement but missed the 480 one so that is that. This is what happenes wheb you dont't learn 5 modules 😂.

Ah man, can't D1 just go to regular maths or something? I'm sure there'll be a lot to play around with considering you did 18 modules
Original post by Ayman!
Ah man, can't D1 just go to regular maths or something? I'm sure there'll be a lot to play around with considering you did 18 modules

Yeh D1 is fine.
I just didn't do enough in the others.
I was counting on a 100 in M5 but made a mistake haha. I could get it seeing as I have given myself the lowestishpossible UMS in each paper and then i miss it my 15 ums. So im gna have to see on 18th aug!

Oh right lol. You're like me at GCSE but still worked harder than me lol, maybe because you had too... it's A-levels XD. Anyway, what university did you apply too? & Good luck on Results Day!
Original post by Chittesh14
Oh right lol. You're like me at GCSE but still worked harder than me lol, maybe because you had too... it's A-levels XD. Anyway, what university did you apply too? & Good luck on Results Day!

Firm is Cambridge maths.
Insurance is Imperial.
Cheers mate, you too!
C3 92/100
c4 89/100
s2 90/100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending