The Student Room Group

My sister is £5000 in debt.

£5000 in debt after maxing out a credit card and reaching the overdraft limit on her debit.

My parents found out and just paid it all off, no punishment, no nothing.

I went £200 over my overdraft limit last year and they yelled at me and called me all sorts.

Love being the eldest child in the family - it's a wonderful experience.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
£5000 in debt after maxing out a credit card and reaching the overdraft limit on her debit.

My parents found out and just paid it all off, no punishment, no nothing.

I went £200 over my overdraft limit last year and they yelled at me and called me all sorts.

Love being the eldest child in the family - it's a wonderful experience.

5k is nothing. It's probably over 50k in my case. Love being in a relationship with a kind person..........
Reply 2
Original post by Ciel.
5k is nothing. It's probably over 50k in my case. Love being in a relationship with a kind person..........

How is 5 grand nothing?
Reply 3
How is 5 grand nothing?

Well, of course it's still quite a bit of money for an average person but since your family can afford it without any issues, it's probably not much for them.
Reply 4
Original post by Ciel.
Well, of course it's still quite a bit of money for an average person but since your family can afford it without any issues, it's probably not much for them.

So why treat me like **** for being £200 in OD?

They treat her like a queen...
Wow, your parents must really hate you.
Reply 6

Maybe they were in a bad mood.
Or - the sad truth is that sometimes parents favour one child over another, for various reason. It's not your fault of course, but that's how it is.
Are you male?

It's simple they don't love you.

You might be adopted?
Wow that sucks
Original post by Ciel.
Maybe they were in a bad mood.
Or - the sad truth is that sometimes parents favour one child over another, for various reason. It's not your fault of course, but that's how it is.
Are you male?

Yeah I'm.
Reply 10
Original post by The Roast
Yeah I'm.

Are you the OP?
Anyway, that's probably why. They think you should be more responsible etc etc etc and females are more fragile etc etc (they probably didn't want her to end up as a cam girl, cause of debts lol). Don't worry, I'm pretty sure your sex is the reason why, not because they don't care about you.
Original post by Ciel.
Are you the OP?
Anyway, that's probably why. They think you should be more responsible etc etc etc and females are more fragile etc etc (they probably didn't want her to end up as a cam girl, cause of debts lol). Don't worry, I'm pretty sure your sex is the reason why, not because they don't care about you.

Urgh, I wanted to keep this Anon...

TSR are going to give me a ticket now.

You've pretty much confirmed what I've always thought about this... it's down to me being a bloke.
Reply 12
Urgh, I wanted to keep this Anon...

TSR are going to give me a ticket now.

You've pretty much confirmed what I've always thought about this... it's down to me being a bloke.

Why?
Hmm I think so, that's just my personal opinion, though.
Original post by Ciel.
Why?
Hmm I think so, that's just my personal opinion, though.

Because of their Anon usage rules.

The box was ticked to keep it anon, but for some reason my Username came up.

Oh well...
Damn that sucks
Reply 15
Because of their Anon usage rules.

The box was ticked to keep it anon, but for some reason my Username came up.

Oh well...

Nah, happened to me many times.
this title is clickbait

Quick Reply

Latest