The Student Room Group

Done my A-levels ... what to do next?

Hey All,

Today was my last A-level exam. I am done and its all counting down till results day.

For now, how should I prepare my self for Med school? Any books to read?

Any tips on what to do?

Best Regards,
Omar
Original post by theboss1998
Hey All,

Today was my last A-level exam. I am done and its all counting down till results day.

Any tips on what to do?

Best Regards,
Omar

Go to the pub.
Original post by Democracy
Go to the pub.

I am muslim and I am fasting :biggrin: :biggrin: so I can't
I am muslim and I am fasting :biggrin: :biggrin: so I can't

Ha, fair enough. My point was that if you've just done your last exam today, you should bask in the glory of that for a bit and have some time off!

Pre-reading before medical school is pointless and a massive waste of time. Seriously, enjoy your time off while you can before you get on the med school conveyer belt!
Ha, fair enough. My point was that if you've just done your last exam today, you should bask in the glory of that for a bit and have some time off!

Pre-reading before medical school is pointless and a massive waste of time. Seriously, enjoy your time off while you can before you get on the med school conveyer belt!

I was thinking of that exactly but I thought it will be inefficient. Excuse me, I am still in the work-mode and its hard to pull out of it all of a sudden :biggrin:
I was thinking of that exactly but I thought it will be inefficient. Excuse me, I am still in the work-mode and its hard to pull out of it all of a sudden :biggrin:

I prescribe a dose of Netflix... Take one programme and binge watch the whole series. Repeat as needed until symptoms resolve.
I'm in the same boat as you literally don't know what to do u just want to work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey All,

Any tips on what to do?

Best Regards,
Omar

A degree, then a job, then retirement then ultimately... Expire

Ha, no, it would be more inefficient to try and teach yourself medicine in a random bits and pieces fashion over the next two months.

Seriously, give yourself a break and go do something fun and different.
Ha, no, it would be more inefficient to try and teach yourself medicine in a random bits and pieces fashion over the next two months.

Seriously, give yourself a break and go do something fun and different.

Yep. Looks like I will have a very irregular sleeping pattern then,

Original post by ForestCat
I prescribe a dose of Netflix... Take one programme and binge watch the whole series. Repeat as needed until symptoms resolve.

You are a great doctor. Do I get a free dose of netflix as I am 18 and in Education?

Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
I'm in the same boat as you literally don't know what to do u just want to work

Posted from TSR Mobile

All year I just work work work work, now its just.... nothing.

Original post by Platopus
A degree, then a job, then retirement then ultimately... Expire

Well, that's my plan anyway. Thanks for reminding me :biggrin:

You are a great doctor. Do I get a free dose of netflix as I am 18 and in Education?

All year I just work work work work, now its just.... nothing.

I'm afraid Netflix hasn't been licensed by NICE and thus you'll have to pay privately (the pain when Netflix is cheaper than an actual prescription).

But in all seriousness, enjoy the break! Rest your brain. It's one of the last times, before you retire, that you have a proper break from studying/work. You want to be well rested before you start because medicine really is a marathon.
I'm afraid Netflix hasn't been licensed by NICE and thus you'll have to pay privately (the pain when Netflix is cheaper than an actual prescription).

But in all seriousness, enjoy the break! Rest your brain. It's one of the last times, before you retire, that you have a proper break from studying/work. You want to be well rested before you start because medicine really is a marathon.

I agree.

Thanks everybody who replied. Really appreciated it.

Hahahahaha - this made me laugh way more than I should of 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey All,

Any tips on what to do?

Best Regards,
Omar

Hi Omar,

Relax! No need to prepare yourself too much! It will all fall into place once you start at Medical School.

However, if you ever get bored and want to do a bit of fun and interesting reading, one of our student bloggers wrote a little reading list!

You can check it out here.

Hope you enjoy your summer!

The Medic Portal
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hi Omar,

Relax! No need to prepare yourself too much! It will all fall into place once you start at Medical School.

However, if you ever get bored and want to do a bit of fun and interesting reading, one of our student bloggers wrote a little reading list!

You can check it out here.

Hope you enjoy your summer!

The Medic Portal

Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!

:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending