The Student Room Group

What's the longest amount of time you've spent in one day, reading a fiction book?

Hi,

Quite a random question but just out of interest, what's the longest time you've spent reading a fiction book in a day? I do enjoy reading, but sometimes I end up feeling bad and thinking I could be doing something more productive after sitting there reading for a long time x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
an hour or so
i feel bad because i dont picture it as i read it, i just read it so i always think im not using them properly :/

Original post by Little Old Me
Hi,

Quite a random question but just out of interest, what's the longest time you've spent reading a fiction book in a day? I do enjoy reading, but sometimes I end up feeling bad and thinking I could be doing something more productive after sitting there reading for a long time x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
an hour or so
i feel bad because i dont picture it as i read it, i just read it so i always think im not using them properly :/

I don't really picture it much either, although I would like to, if that makes sense x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Little Old Me
I don't really picture it much either, although I would like to, if that makes sense x

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh i get it haha
i thought i was doing the whole reading thing wrong lol
5 hours cover to cover
Reply 5
1 hr :colondollar:
Reply 6
About 6 hours straight, when Harry Potter 7 came out. No regrets.
Reply 7
Reading is productive.
7h.
Wow 7 hours! Yeah it is productive but sometimes I feel like I should focus more on uni reading instead of getting lost in the fiction.

Has anyone read the Shopaholic books? I'm on the 2nd one at the moment. Getting a bit bored so might start an unrelated fiction book before moving onto the 3rd one x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last night of uni, I was on like the 500th-600th page of a Stephen King book and stayed up till 4 to finish it :colondollar: I am such a rebel.
I want to read but I have no books and even if I did I don't know what to read and what will I like. :frown:

But when I've read book in the past maybe about 5 hours
3 hours.

War and Peace :colondollar:
12 Hours or so during LOTR. I didn't stop reading all day.
Original post by ThusSpakeAlex
12 Hours or so during LOTR. I didn't stop reading all day.

We can be friends.

In rode the Lord of the Nazgul, a great black shape.... :smile:
6 and a half hours last holiday trying to read the chaos walking trilogy by Patrick Ness in a day :jive:

Original post by SeanFM
Last night of uni, I was on like the 500th-600th page of a Stephen King book and stayed up till 4 to finish it :colondollar: I am such a rebel.

lol #thuglife

Spoiler

Original post by Kryptonian
I want to read but I have no books and even if I did I don't know what to read and what will I like. :frown:

But when I've read book in the past maybe about 5 hours

I went through a phase like that and just decided to read random controversial stuff to get back into it.

Turns out Lolita is an amazing book
Last time a read a book was in reception.

It was a 7 page, 3 words per page book.

It was the longest 5 minute of my life.

Haven't finished or wanted to actually read a book since :smile: (only when I was forced in GCSE English.)
0hrs
i dont read fiction
A long time.

Anyway, where has everyones' post count gone?
One week I read a book every day and spent like the whole day reading (I was very bored on holiday) so probably like 6-8 hours for 5 days straight

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending