The Student Room Group

MOOC's on personal statement

I've just started looking into doing some MOOC's to increase my subject knowledge as well as to use on my personal statement. I've also seen that the certificates you get at the end of the course can cost about £50 which is very expensive.

Is it worth doing some MOOC's to put on my personal statement and if so do I need to get the certificate to be able to properly show that I took part in the course?

Thanks in advance:smile:
Original post by coatsoft
I've just started looking into doing some MOOC's to increase my subject knowledge as well as to use on my personal statement. I've also seen that the certificates you get at the end of the course can cost about £50 which is very expensive.

Is it worth doing some MOOC's to put on my personal statement and if so do I need to get the certificate to be able to properly show that I took part in the course?

Anything that shows interest in a subject is useful but it's not necessary to get the certificate unless miraculously its one which is actually usable in an APL sense.
Original post by coatsoft

They are absolutely a great idea, there is a section on them in the Nursing PS Guidance linked in my signature which you might find helpful. You definitely don't need to pay for a certificate. Some will offer a basic completion certificate and ask you to pay for an accredited one, the basic option is fine. Your certificate wouldn't be sent with your UCAS application anyway.
Reply 3
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending