The Student Room Group

URGENT: Changing uni courses twice?

Yo I initially applied to do History at university, then quickly messaged my firm choice to change to Education Studies..... But now I'm struggling again. How do you think the university would react if I asked to change my course again??
It's so difficult to make such an important life decision at 17. I change my aspirations like I change my underwear to be honest with you.
I also don't want to take a year out as I have nothing to do.

Any thoughts would be helpful, please!
Do it
Original post by kit2016
Yo I initially applied to do History at university, then quickly messaged my firm choice to change to Education Studies..... But now I'm struggling again. How do you think the university would react if I asked to change my course again??
It's so difficult to make such an important life decision at 17. I change my aspirations like I change my underwear to be honest with you.

I would take a year out - you are evidently not ready for university. A year in the wilderness will do you good.

As for "nothing to do" - go abroad and work - au pair, fruit picker, travel, learn a language ....*
Reply 3
Original post by kit2016

Don't worry. I had a friend who asked his uni to change from Mechanical Engineering to Civil Engineering to Architecture to Mechanical back again all in the span of one month. It does sound like he doesn't have a perfect sense of direction on what he wants to do but trust me im sure the uni understands that some of us are still figuring out what exactly we want to pursue. All in all, they'll respect your decisions and would not want you to enroll into a course that you don't like or are unsure of. If it makes you feel better, you could ring them up or email them explaining your situation and i'm sure they'll be perfectly alright.

From the day i sent in my application, I had also changed courses twice and the university was happy to consider me into an alternative course. As long as you haven't started your course yet then it wouldn't be a huge problem.
I suggest you cancel your UCAS application and reapply next year when you have a clearer idea of what you want to do - and why. Nowhere does it say that you can only go to University straight from school! Take a year out (or two) and get a job/do some travel, Then decide what you actually want to do in life.
Original post by kit2016

It's much better to change before the course starts but if you're undecided, I would suggest taking a year out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending