The Student Room Group

EASY A Levels

Yeah yeah, granted granted. This is self explanatory. Just what are the A Levels where you can glide across the ice more compared to actual A Levels

Just a few things to bear in mind when giving your opinion.

All courses I guess have **** ton of work but if you do know one that has less work please say. Or for easiness I guess as much course work as possible.

Doesn't really matter if it is a useless A Level, anything will do.

Be sure it's a course that is still being offered.

And please no sarcastic answer, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics etc. My up most respects if you're studying something like that.

Oh and if possible if the combination of these piss easy A Levels you put together can get you in to a (useless) degree in a Uni where they let any old bastard in, err top points for you.

Oh and don't forget any BTEC L3 you know too. But again not BTECs like Computing/IT or CERTAINLY Engineering, those actually require a bit of brain power to do as well.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I mean I sort of glided across the ice alright with English Literature but others beg to differ to a huge extent..
Sociology
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I mean I sort of glided across the ice alright with English Literature but others beg to differ to a huge extent..

Eng Lit may be fine. There is tons of work to do in it tho.
Not STEM.
A-level Maths is difficult for most people, but for the people who are capable of studying FM/AFM it is quite easy in comparison.
Omg who actually cares?

This superiority complex some of you A Level students have is just beyond pathetic. Some people may take "easier" A Levels, some take harder ones and some take alternatives. Everyone has different aspirations and goals in life, therefore take what they need in order to get there. Get over it man.
General Studies. Never attended a single lesson or even glanced at a past paper before the exam and got an A in as level.
Original post by Just_Another_One
Yeah yeah, granted granted. This is self explanatory. Just what are the A Levels where you can glide across the ice more compared to actual A Levels

Just a few things to bear in mind when giving your opinion.

All courses I guess have **** ton of work but if you do know one that has less work please say. Or for easiness I guess as much course work as possible.

Doesn't really matter if it is a useless A Level, anything will do.

Be sure it's a course that is still being offered.

And please no sarcastic answer, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics etc. My up most respects if you're studying something like that.

Oh and if possible if the combination of these piss easy A Levels you put together can get you in to a (useless) degree in a Uni where they let any old bastard in, err top points for you.

Oh and don't forget any BTEC L3 you know too. But again not BTECs like Computing/IT or CERTAINLY Engineering, those actually require a bit of brain power to do as well.

Classical Civilisation, all you need to do is turn up to the lessons and write any old cr*p in the exam and you would probably get a B
General Studies but it doesn't count for much. I've heard geography and business arent too bad, and personally I found maths the easiest this year.
Original post by Novascope
Omg who actually cares?

This superiority complex some of you A Level students have is just beyond pathetic. Some people may take "easier" A Levels, some take harder ones and some take alternatives. Everyone has different aspirations and goals in life, therefore take what they need in order to get there. Get over it man.

This is the realest post here :smile:
Original post by romansholiday
This is the realest post here :smile:

Omg Naomi Smalls :colondollar:
Errm or maybe it's because this site is plagued with silly threads like this. Like yeah I get that it's the student room, but how many threads do we need degrading certain subjects. Like it really doesn't matter if Tom takes "harder" A Levels than **** and if Harry does BTEC. How was my post unprovoked? Are you blind to the clear condescending attitude in the OP?

You just wrote that paragraph explaining things that are true, but at the same time who cares? Someone who wants to become a professional actor or dancer obviously isn't going to take Further Maths or Physics. So do you honestly think they're worried about James who takes a harder A Level than them? No I doubt it, because like I said people have their own goals in life and therefore have to take different paths.
You should have a look at some past papers for general studies. Some of the mark allocations are just completely bizarre. I recall seeing a 30 mark question that was just on the benefits of growing food in space. Also, most of the questions have a difficulty level that is not dissimilar to GCSE.
psychology if you have the correct resources from the beginning.
Reply 15
Well, seeing how the so-called 'easier' A Levels have tighter restrictions on grades, there isn't really a difference... Around 10% of chemistry students get an A*, whereas around 5% of psychology students do... More difficult content simply results in the grading being more lenient, so, really, there aren't any 'easier' ones when you focus on how easy it is to get certain grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was about to say BTEC Law, but then I realised that what made it difficult was working out what the vague instructions actually want you to do. It makes things a bit of a pain.

Thinking of my other subjects, History, Lit, and Politics, I don't think you could glide any of them and come out with a decent grade.
I do biology, chemistry, physics and maths
I find physics and maths the easiest
Original post by Novascope
Omg Naomi Smalls :colondollar:

Don't you just love here?:hoppy:

Quick Reply

Latest