The Student Room Group

Invoke Article 50 now!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Audrey18
I am sorry I have to correct you. Brexit was achieved because of the Leave Campaign, chief of this was the leadership of Nigel Farage. Of course, Boris, Gove (who will go down as the worst education minister in the history of the UK), Theresa May (who thinks she can be the next Thachter? Well I hope she's joking) and the rest of the clique will not say so but deep down in their hearts, they know the truth.

Speaking of Nigel, he spoke this morning in the European Parliament and his video has reached 3.3 million views on his facebook page. Do you honestly think Boris and the rest of the clique can garner such a following? Precisely :h:

[video="youtube;Y1ewRNSfyiI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ewRNSfyiI[/video]

Should Farage be the one to activate Article 50 and would he be the one to conduct negotiations and decide on what terms we leave? Under what authority?
Original post by TSRFT8
1) You need to correct yourself - Most of the leave campaign wanted nothing to do with Farage but they had no choice.
2) He actually embarrassed himself and to be honest just embarrassed the country on a whole new level, you could see that other MEPs were bursting in tears from laughing at his ridiculous comments
3) If you genuinely think 3.3 million people watched this because they like Farage then you have been led up the garden path, i bet half watched it to laugh, how can he even be taken seriously.

On Brexit, you and several others like you were wrong about the outcome. Live with it. The people have spoken. Respect it. You may have been agonizing over it as a result of the decision. Get over it.

What does Brexit mean?
The days are numbered where

vile people can simply come into UK, form grooming gangs to sexually molest, rape & even murder innocent girls and then disappear

doctors with fake medical certs can perform operations that results in patient deaths and then disappear

unskilled workers, migrants etc from all over the world can take a plane to London Heathrow, get council homes, receive monetary benefits and start large families without doing any proper work to the cost of the ever-obliging & obedient British taxpayer

people can fly to London, receive medical treatment or go into labour and then return back to their home countries without footing the bill

terrorists can walk into UK, go to enclaves, promote ill-will and hatred against other races and religions, orchestrate attacks and then disappear without a trace

With Brexit and with the right PM & ministers, we must first

confer real powers on Immigration officers stationed at all points of entry into UK, to conduct checks on people wanting to enter UK.

With the exit and entry points secured, the new PM must sanction a joint task force operation between the (much publicized failed & powerless) Border Agency and Police forces, go into every borough and check for illegal immigrants (overstayers without valid visas), people with invalid/fake papers and without work permits, those who're wanted by the police or have jumped bail and round them up to be dealt with accordingly.

Provide extra funding to the General Medical Council (GMC) and empower them to conduct checks on foreign doctors and identify those with dubious qualifications and report them to the Police

For (2) and (3), detain the identified wrongdoers for 48 hours for initial investigations, allow the police to apply for an extension of remand to assist with further police investigations, accelerate their date with the court, provide them with legal counsel of their choice or otherwise and let the criminal justice system take its course. If they are found guilty, they will serve their sentence and upon release, be immediately deported to their home countries and never allowed to step foot into UK again.

Construct a processing centre to be located overseas which will evaluate and process all asylum claims etc. People need to know that they can't just turn up at the door and be expected to be let in.

When thousands of illegal immigrants attempted to enter Australia by sea via Indonesia with the aid of people smugglers, PM Toby Abbott politely warned them that if they continued this mode of entry, their boats would be shot down. They thought he was joking. He wasn't. The Australian Navy did shoot at them and these boats stopped entering Australian waters altogether.

Implement an Australian styled points system where people from all over the world with the necessary skills & qualifications, no criminal records, no terrorists links, no HIV/AIDS will be invited to apply for a work permit. But this is only to be done after job openings have been filled up by British citizens first and if there are vacant places, these will then be filled up by foreigners who would have passed the stringent background checks.

The £350 million we send to EU weekly, can now be used to invest in our NHS, build more hospitals, recruit more police officers, teachers, nurses, junior doctors etc and increase their salaries, give incentives (funding, tax breaks) to British citizens to start their own businesses (entrepreneurship) and so much more because the positive possibilities are endless.

We can and we will do it because we dare to dream!

Original post by Jee1
This guy is a ****ing legend

:colondollar: Thanks for the rep.

Original post by 999tigger
Should Farage be the one to activate Article 50 and would he be the one to conduct negotiations and decide on what terms we leave? Under what authority?

Democratically speaking, he should not be the one because he is not a member of the House of Commons. He himself has said this many times. The reason why I'm anxious is because Boris, Gove, Theresa May and now Daniel Hannan seem to be slow in getting things moving along.

I don't mean to be rude but many EU students here have said that the UK government is slow on almost everything so I really hope that this is one area they're not slow on?

The thing is Cameron, Boris and clique are at the end of the day is Conservative party. Even though they have their differences, they will put it aside for the sake of the party's continued tenure in government and also because they cannot allow Labour to get back into power. Corbyn for me is okay. As long as clowns like Milliband, Balls, Yvette Cooper, Harriett Harman are nowhere near the shawdow Cabinet then that's fine with me.
On Brexit, you and several others like you were wrong about the outcome. Live with it. The people have spoken. Respect it. You may have been agonizing over it as a result of the decision. Get over it.

What does Brexit mean?

vile people can simply come into UK, form grooming gangs to sexually molest, rape & even murder innocent girls and then disappear

doctors with fake medical certs can perform operations that results in patient deaths and then disappear

unskilled workers, migrants etc from all over the world can take a plane to London Heathrow, get council homes, receive monetary benefits and start large families without doing any proper work to the cost of the ever-obliging & obedient British taxpayer

people can fly to London, receive medical treatment or go into labour and then return back to their home countries without footing the bill

terrorists can walk into UK, go to enclaves, promote ill-will and hatred against other races and religions, orchestrate attacks and then disappear without a trace

confer real powers on Immigration officers stationed at all points of entry into UK, to conduct checks on people wanting to enter UK.

With the exit and entry points secured, the new PM must sanction a joint task force operation between the (much publicized failed & powerless) Border Agency and Police forces, go into every borough and check for illegal immigrants (overstayers without valid visas), people with invalid/fake papers and without work permits, those who're wanted by the police or have jumped bail and round them up to be dealt with accordingly.

Provide extra funding to the General Medical Council (GMC) and empower them to conduct checks on foreign doctors and identify those with dubious qualifications and report them to the Police

For (2) and (3), detain the identified wrongdoers for 48 hours for initial investigations, allow the police to apply for an extension of remand to assist with further police investigations, accelerate their date with the court, provide them with legal counsel of their choice or otherwise and let the criminal justice system take its course. If they are found guilty, they will serve their sentence and upon release, be immediately deported to their home countries and never allowed to step foot into UK again.

Construct a processing centre to be located overseas which will evaluate and process all asylum claims etc. People need to know that they can't just turn up at the door and be expected to be let in.

When thousands of illegal immigrants attempted to enter Australia by sea via Indonesia with the aid of people smugglers, PM Toby Abbott politely warned them that if they continued this mode of entry, their boats would be shot down. They thought he was joking. He wasn't. The Australian Navy did shoot at them and these boats stopped entering Australian waters altogether.

Implement an Australian styled points system where people from all over the world with the necessary skills & qualifications, no criminal records, no terrorists links, no HIV/AIDS will be invited to apply for a work permit. But this is only to be done after job openings have been filled up by British citizens first and if there are vacant places, these will then be filled up by foreigners who would have passed the stringent background checks.

The £350 million we send to EU weekly, can now be used to invest in our NHS, build more hospitals, recruit more police officers, teachers, nurses, junior doctors etc and increase their salaries, give incentives (funding, tax breaks) to British citizens to start their own businesses (entrepreneurship) and so much more because the positive possibilities are endless.

You keep copy and pasting this large pointless novel that i am not even referring too, im not even talking about the result. You sound like you are some 30 year old with superiority complex.

Im also struggling to see why you have "Student" and "Germany" in your bio but voted leave and refer to the UK as "we" am i missing something?
(edited 7 years ago)

Democratically speaking, he should not be the one because he is not a member of the House of Commons. He himself has said this many times. The reason why I'm anxious is because Boris, Gove, Theresa May and now Daniel Hannan seem to be slow in getting things moving along.

I don't mean to be rude but many EU students here have said that the UK government is slow on almost everything so I really hope that this is one area they're not slow on?

The thing is Cameron, Boris and clique are at the end of the day is Conservative party. Even though they have their differences, they will put it aside for the sake of the party's continued tenure in government and also because they cannot allow Labour to get back into power. Corbyn for me is okay. As long as clowns like Milliband, Balls, Yvette Cooper, Harriett Harman are nowhere near the shawdow Cabinet then that's fine with me.

Activating it now would be rather stupid because they dont know what they actually wnat other than to leave. Why start the clock ticking until you know what you wnat and what you are ready to accept. Its a negotiation and the UK will have a very different relationship with the EU after depending on what is agreed.
I dont think you appreciate just how complicated that task is going to be.

The leave camapign are still not clear about immigration from the EU.
They are not clear as to whether they want access to the single market or EFTA and upon what terms.
They are not clear on whether they will accept free movement of people.
They arent clear how much money they are prepared to pay for that access.

The £350m figure was always a hoax.

What does Brexit mean?

:colondollar: Thanks for the rep.

You're aware the leave vote isn't to prevent ALL immigration from any country right?

Because you referenced multiple matters which are related to non-EU migration which will stay under the exact same system we have now and will realistically increase due to the loss of the skilled workers from the EU.
You can't invoke it without a new PM and cabinet to negotiate an exit deal.
My understanding is that if Parliament were to invoke Article 50 now, without establishing an unofficial baseline agreement with the EU, trade would fall to WTO base practices which won't be good for anyone. Whilst we cannot officially discuss trade terms with EU member states or the Commission until we have invoked Article 50, two eyars is an awfully short time to negotiate such terms especially with the public getting invovled as is the current intention.

In my opinion, waiting until a solid plan is in place is a much better idea than rushing into everything blindly.

Also that 350m figure has been repeatedly refused by everyone and 99% of the people who spread that incorrect fact have already admitted it is incorrect so for starters you can leave that out of the equation. You forget that by cutting ties now, the 3bill a year in farming subsidies and roughly 9bill a year in collective funding for UK universities will disappear and at the moment the UK doesn't have a plan to replace that funding. So calm down and stop adding fuel to the fire.
@Audrey18

Out of interest where do you propose to locate an overseas processing centre for asylum seekers? Unlike Australia we don't have poor neighbours we can bribe with aid.
Reply 28
Original post by JamesN88
@Audrey18

Out of interest where do you propose to locate an overseas processing centre for asylum seekers? Unlike Australia we don't have poor neighbours we can bribe with aid.

Wales
Reply 29
The Immigration Overhaul must be the primary goal on the negotiating table,
while the 'market deal' for the banksters and liberal elite must be secondary.

Otherwise nothing will have changed.

Brexiteers voted for the immigration overhaul.

Why is the EU so determined to send us immigrants anyway?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by JamesN88
You can't invoke it without a new PM and cabinet to negotiate an exit deal.

Cameron could do it, he's just dodging it.
No I want Boris in Number Ten first. That's all that matters really.
Reply 32
Original post by Tortle
The Immigration Overhaul must be the primary goal on the negotiating table,
while the 'market deal' for the banksters and liberal elite must be secondary.

Otherwise nothing will have changed.

Brexiteers voted for the immigration overhaul.

Why is the EU so determined to send us immigrants anyway?

Never going to happen, the money men will make sure freedom of movement happens because they want the Single Market. Who cares about a bunch of poor, uneducated, unemployed whingers who can't compete against foreigners who can't even speak English.
I'm still hopeful it will never be triggered <3
Original post by Maker
At £350 million a week, it will cost the country £9 billion if we wait until the end of the year to invoke article 50, we should do it now and stop our money being wasted by unelected, corrupt Europeans.

I think you must be the only person left on the earth who still believes the £350 million number is true. Even that corrupt Euro MP, Nigel Farage has said it was a lie he made up in order to win the vote.
Original post by Trapz99
No I want Boris in Number Ten first. That's all that matters really.

Seriously? You mean this clown

Original post by ByEeek
Seriously? You mean this clown

I think he's great! I'm a big fan of him.
Original post by Trapz99
I think he's great! I'm a big fan of him.

You won't be saying that when he sells the NHS to one of his mates for a fiver.
Original post by ByEeek
You won't be saying that when he sells the NHS to one of his mates for a fiver.

Don't really care tbh, I'm one of his biggest supporters
Original post by Trapz99
Don't really care tbh, I'm one of his biggest supporters

Why? Why do you support someone who just lies to achieve what he wants?

He supports Turkey joining the EU.
He is pro EU.
He repeatedly trotted out the £350 million lie.
There is this cringe worthy interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhV_UdO6ztQ

He is a liar and a liability. What is good about him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending