The Student Room Group

I brought my GF home

So I decided to bring my GF home with me she is Polish by the way and if you can't tell i myself am Russian but living in UK.

My dad was a little cautious of me having a Polish GF. No idea why but he told me once, "You can't trust some Polish people." I don't know why he would say this.

So I brought her to my home and my dad asked her if she could speak Russian.

She replied "No" and my dad seemed raged by this and stomped out the room.

The rest of the evening my dad was playing the Russian national anthem and that was that for that day.

Next day:
He told me "You are no longer allowed to see your GF do you understand?"

I said "Yes"

He said "Good"

Now I really love my GF so should I listen to my dad or continue to see my GF?
lol
did she squat with her heels on the floor?
What is this?
Reply 4
are you 12?
Lmao he played the Russian national anthem, okay :rofl:
you obviously explain to your dad why you're with her and just deal with it.
:rolleyes:
Reply 8
Did he fight during the Battle of Warsaw?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)
Reply 9
Original post by Советский Гай
So I decided to bring my GF home with me she is Polish by the way and if you can't tell i myself am Russian but living in UK.

My dad was a little cautious of me having a Polish GF. No idea why but he told me once, "You can't trust some Polish people." I don't know why he would say this.

The rest of the evening my dad was playing the Russian national anthem and that was that for that day.

Next day:

I said "Yes"

He said "Good"

You didn't even put any effort in. 0/10
Reply 10

Next day:

I said "Yes"

He said "Good"

How old are you? Once you will get older your parents wont have any right to tell who you can and cannot live/ get married with as it is your life and your future, not theirs. I don't know why, but a lot of Lithuanian people (where I am from) don't like Polish people either. Ask your father, from which countries would he prefer your future wife to be from.
Reply 11
Your Dad is a complete racist. The only hope is to set up a massive vodka drinking session where the 3 of you get completely hammered and drink multiple toasts together.
Original post by In2u
How old are you? Once you will get older your parents wont have any right to tell who you can and cannot live/ get married with as it is your life and your future, not theirs. I don't know why, but a lot of Lithuanian people (where I am from) don't like Polish people either. Ask your father, from which countries would he prefer your future wife to be from.

I'm 16 my GF was creaped out by my dad but we are still together after that day.

I might try have a word with my dad for now but I don't knowwhy he is not so keen on me having a Polish GF.
Original post by Josb
Did he fight during the Battle of Warsaw?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)

That is beyond his time. But my dad was in the Russian Ground Forces for 10 years.
Original post by BWV1007
are you 12?

I'm 16.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
did she squat with her heels on the floor?

Nope.
Original post by Fantastic Fan
What is this?

I need to gt my dad to become more happy about my GF rather than become raged over her.
Nope.

Maybe your father thought she was Western spy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending