The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Well.
Missed my a level offer and step offer definately.
Pretty impressive though, get an offer twice and miss it twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They will still take you lad.

Do V&M with me now, stop feeling sorry for yourself.
Well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its pretty impressive to get an offer twice - I imagine there's a reason they thought it was worth giving you another go, e.g. Hungary Camp :wink:
Original post by Mathemagicien
Its pretty impressive to get an offer twice - I imagine there's a reason they thought it was worth giving you another go, e.g. Hungary Camp :wink:

I didn't go to Hungary Camp.
I went Trinity Camp, and that was after my offer lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
They will still take you lad.

Do V&M with me now, stop feeling sorry for yourself.

How was your prom fam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Duke Glacia
How was your prom fam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prom is on 11th July. Gonna plow hard that day innit.

Well, he was given an offer last year, I would be surprised if Cambridge rejects someone for applying with 1,1,3 lol.
Well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No don't think that way
Well, he was given an offer last year, I would be surprised if Cambridge rejects someone for applying with 1,1,3 lol.

I suppose it depends on whether they see it as a lucky 1 in STEP II, or an unlucky 3 in STEP III
I suppose it depends on whether they see it as a lucky 1 in STEP II, or an unlucky 3 in STEP III

It's a 1, 1, 3. Not a 1, 3. i.e: the evidence is in favour of STEP III being a bad day given that STEP I and STEP II were 1's.
Original post by Zacken
It's a 1, 1, 3. Not a 1, 3. i.e: the evidence is in favour of STEP III being a bad day given that STEP I and STEP II were 1's.

I thought STEP I was meant to be a lot easier than II and III; i.e. a medium 1 in STEP I is equivalent to less than a 1 in STEP II or III, which might be interpreted as evidence against III being a bad day
I thought STEP I was meant to be a lot easier than II and III; i.e. a medium 1 in STEP I is equivalent to less than a 1 in STEP II or III, which might be interpreted as evidence against III being a bad day

No, not really. Most people tend to do the same on STEP I and II.
Original post by Zacken
No, not really. Most people tend to do the same on STEP I and II.

Apparently not zacin. I asked ATS about this and he and he said that not many people who take SII/SIII take S1 but from the data they have students tend to get a grade lower in S2 than in S1

But idk, which is easier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
No don't think that way

Na I have definately got A*A*A*B or A*A*AB in A levels and mostnlikely high 1,1 maybe S,1 in any order if lucky hell I could get SS but its unlikely. Atleast I know I am a few marks off SS which 'should' get me in but being on a gapy year n stuff n not getting SS is pretty **** tbh.
Hoping bmo2 will help, dos said it will help alot.
My college last year let in people people with 2,2 1,3 1,2 etc so hopefully I should be ok.
Pretty pleased I might get A* in Physics, If I do, I will feel like I deserve a place on the IPhO team.
Why is everyone talking bout last years results? Lol
I have bot got 1,3 this year hopefully. I have minimum 1,1 in II n III.
Tbh for me i always do the same in I n II did better in II last year and I have done better in II this year aswell.
What. The. Hell.

George R.R Martin is a genius. Just finished watching Season 6 Episode 5 "The Door". I am shocked.
What. The. Hell.

George R.R Martin is a genius. Just finished watching Season 6 Episode 5 "The Door". I am shocked.

Shhhhh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not gonna spoil anything, but I have never been so shocked after an episode of GoT. I am extremely impressed with GRRM's writing, I guess I should read the books at some point.

Gonna do some more maths, and then continuing to binge watch Season 6. I can't believe how good it is. :biggrin:
What. The. Hell.

Y u watching tv. Ur losing precious tripos IA time.
Y u watching tv. Ur losing precious tripos IA time.

Just making sure I chill/relax during summer and not burn out from maths.

I still manage 5+ hours of maths a day, which is more than you will ever do, old chap.
Just making sure I chill/relax during summer and not burn out from maths.

I still manage 5+ hours of maths a day, which is more than you will ever do, old chap.

True I will never do that, only if I get into Camvridge will I ever do that.
Atleast I know it wasn't lack of 'talent' for not getting in and was just my laziness for not learning 5 maths modules until june/may.
I hope you fail your gcse's lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending