The Student Room Group

AWFUL natural eyebrows - help?!?!?!

Ok so I know this should really be in the fashion and beauty forum but I wanted to post anonymously so yeah..... basically I need some help with my eyebrows. Here are the monsters (note that this is them AFTER brushing them - they look even worse if I leave them alone entirely):

Attachment not found

They're very coarse, wiry, curly and patchy, they have weird kinks in them so they don't flow smoothly, they look nothing like each other, and they're basically just really awful... I fill them in every day but I'm sick of it and I just want to have nice natural eyebrows. I've never had them threaded or waxed or anything, but I'm not sure how much that would even help as they'd still be curly and wiry and horrible. Is there anything I can do?!?! I just can't stand them anymore, I spent hours last night crying about it. (Which probably sounds really stupid and dramatic but they honestly make me feel so ugly.)
Reply 1
I can't see the picture sorry. Maybe if u put it on imgur and post us a link? :smile:But my twin got hers bleached off by some bare idiot at the brow bar and grew them back with rapidbrow :ahee: You can also tame them with eye brow gel x
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I know this should really be in the fashion and beauty forum but I wanted to post anonymously so yeah..... basically I need some help with my eyebrows. Here are the monsters (note that this is them AFTER brushing them - they look even worse if I leave them alone entirely):

Attachment not found

They're very coarse, wiry, curly and patchy, they have weird kinks in them so they don't flow smoothly, they look nothing like each other, and they're basically just really awful... I fill them in every day but I'm sick of it and I just want to have nice natural eyebrows. I've never had them threaded or waxed or anything, but I'm not sure how much that would even help as they'd still be curly and wiry and horrible. Is there anything I can do?!?! I just can't stand them anymore, I spent hours last night crying about it. (Which probably sounds really stupid and dramatic but they honestly make me feel so ugly.)

What about getting a semi-permanent eyebrow make up which is basically like a realistic tattoo on your eyebrows that last for about 1-2 years. My mother's friend has it. Try applying oils such as coconut oil to them as I heard that it helps. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Desi123
I can't see the picture sorry. Maybe if u put it on imgur and post us a link? :smile:But my twin got hers bleached off by some bare idiot at the brow bar and grew them back with rapidbrow :ahee: You can also tame them with eye brow gel x

http://imgur.com/LCkj7rs
Oh, that's odd, can you see it now? Thanks, I'll try that!! (Eyebrow gel, not bleaching them... :tongue:)
Reply 4
http://imgur.com/LCkj7rs
Oh, that's odd, can you see it now? Thanks, I'll try that!! (Eyebrow gel, not bleaching them... :tongue:)

Yes :smile: I would recommend threading at benito brow bar (not the chain my sister went to.. superdrug :lol:) and fill in with brow powder as well as gel :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Desi123
Yes :smile: I would recommend threading at benito brow bar (not the chain my sister went to.. superdrug :lol:) and fill in with brow powder as well as gel :biggrin:

Do you think threading would really help? For some reason I've convinced myself that the shape of my eyebrows, especially my left one, is so screwed up that even threading or waxing or whatever wouldn't help... but maybe I'm wrong. Unfortunately I don't live near a benito brow bar.... do you happen to know anywhere good in Surrey? Guildford maybe? (You probably live nowhere near me but just in case!! :tongue:)
Reply 6
Do you think threading would really help? For some reason I've convinced myself that the shape of my eyebrows, especially my left one, is so screwed up that even threading or waxing or whatever wouldn't help... but maybe I'm wrong. Unfortunately I don't live near a benito brow bar.... do you happen to know anywhere good in Surrey? Guildford maybe? (You probably live nowhere near me but just in case!! :tongue:)

Nah threading always helps :tongue: You can ask the lady to make them more even or thinner or w/e you want :smile: Idk about Surrey sorry, if you look up threading in guildford there should be loads of places, lots of beauty salons do it too
Reply 7
Original post by In2u
What about getting a semi-permanent eyebrow make up which is basically like a realistic tattoo on your eyebrows that last for about 1-2 years. My mother's friend has it. Try applying oils such as coconut oil to them as I heard that it helps. :smile:

That semi-permanent thing sounds cool but I'm not sure I'd wanna do it myself... but yeah I've heard that oils help too so I think I'll try that. I have olive oil at home, would that work? I think I heard that you can use olive oil on hair and eyebrows somewhere? Anyway thanks for the advice! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Desi123
Nah threading always helps :tongue: You can ask the lady to make them more even or thinner or w/e you want :smile: Idk about Surrey sorry, if you look up threading in guildford there should be loads of places, lots of beauty salons do it too

Well I think I'll give threading a go then! I hope the lady won't have to make them too thin to sort out the shape, because I still want them to be thick but just less messy!! Ah don't worry, I wasn't expecting you to know... I'll do a lil bit of research. :smile:
Reply 9
That semi-permanent thing sounds cool but I'm not sure I'd wanna do it myself... but yeah I've heard that oils help too so I think I'll try that. I have olive oil at home, would that work? I think I heard that you can use olive oil on hair and eyebrows somewhere? Anyway thanks for the advice! :smile:

Sure, you can apply it on to your hair and eyelashes as well!
I found this on internet :smile: -

''Being rich in vitamin E, olive oil can help your eyebrow hair grow faster and thicker. It will also help keep it dark-hued. Massage your eyebrows with warm olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with warm water the next morning for the best result.''
Original post by In2u
Sure, you can apply it on to your hair and eyelashes as well!
I found this on internet :smile: -

''Being rich in vitamin E, olive oil can help your eyebrow hair grow faster and thicker. It will also help keep it dark-hued. Massage your eyebrows with warm olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with warm water the next morning for the best result.''

Oh cool, thank you!! I'll start doing that tonight! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest