The Student Room Group

Do you want kids?

Scroll to see replies

Nah it's too risky.
No, I have no intention of having any biological children of my own, the planet is overpopulated enough as it is and there are millions of unwanted children out there already
I think you should've included two options (male not sure, and female not sure)

I myself am male but I don't know whether I want kids or not. I'm not good with looking after kids, because of something that happened in my early years (which I do not intend to share) and there's something that might get in the way of me having kids anyway, so I think I will most likely not be having any kids...
Not kids of my own but I would definately love to adopt a few kids one day.
Probably but I am not really the loving caring attaching sort so it's hard for me to imagine. I would probs just stick them in a private boarding school so as not to deal with them
Original post by Impressive
No I don't want any so if something happens I can say it was an accident.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
11 kids plz :rofl:
Yes if I'm able - 2 or 3 would be lovely :smile: but we will see what happens*
Original post by mediaya
What do you mean by that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing just kidding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you’re asking me whether I would like to have kids in the near future, there are some factors that I have to carefully and dutifully consider. From the cost of prenatal care and birth to day care and life’s little necessities, kids are expensive! That is, FOR SURE. Should that put the brakes on my plans to start a family? Not necessarily! but i definitely might need to shift my finances and change my way of thinking. First, no matter what, children have a marvelous way of making us rethink our priorities, and where once staying out until dawn was fun, now it becomes fun when the baby goes to sleep early and we can as well. How much it will cost to have a baby depends on where I live and what type of health insurance coverage I have. Another financial factor to consider is free time. Sometimes, I may have three to four hours of free time a day but that might not be enough. I might have to arrange for relatives to come and help if either me or my girlfriend do not have any spare time.
I would also further suggest that new parents consider how much more space they will really need. Planning for day care can be a headache and a heartache and an expensive one, at that. Recognise that if both partners are busy during the day, that your day care cost will likely be one of your largest costs, in some cases even more than your mortgage or rent payment! Check with the grandparents-to-be to see if they might be available for five or six days a week to help defray costs. This could reduce day care expenses from full-time to part-time care. The rate will also decrease over time, because most day care centres charge more for infants than they do for toddlers and school-age children. The cost of having babies doesn’t stop when they become toddlers or go to school! The expenses simply change from diapers and formula to school supplies and soccer kits. I will then have to consider the long-term financial factors, not just the first few years. Having children is one of the greatest things in the world frustrating at times, to be certain but a fabulous thing. Going into family planning with a good financial plan is key to reducing stress and enjoying the experience.:redface: Albeit the challenge, I think we can cope.
Yeah. Kids are cute and it would be great to raise someone who is mine . Never really thought of adoption though.
Reply 51
Probably not any biological ones. Maybe adopting but even then chances are quite small. Kids just aren't my thing.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Yes if I'm able - 2 or 3 would be lovely :smile: but we will see what happens*

Attention
LavenderBlueSky88 and all derivatives. Careful
Original post by A321
Probably not. Annoying little monsters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just remember that you were one once in the past as well :wink:
Original post by Inside10
Attention
LavenderBlueSky88 and all derivatives. Careful

eh?
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
eh?

I like your name. very nice..... and your pic. Very nice......
Yes, i need 5 sons.
Yeah! Hopefully not too soon and with the ideal girl that I will plan my future with. I think the ideal age would be 25/26. I would rather have a boy tbh.
At worst this boy may vandalize the city. Girl? Girls nowadays post naked photos onto the internet!
In a few years' time, yes. Parenthood is the last thing on my mind right now :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
The population is exploding in Africa but shrinking in Europe (if not for immigration).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending