The Student Room Group

Doing more A-levels than I put on UCAS

I have an offer at a University to study Classics.

The offer specified that I need an A in Classics, A in Latin, and a B in Greek.

However, I am also doing an A-level in History, which I did not declare on the UCAS form, because I wasn't sure if I was going to sit it or not.

Do I need to contact the University to inform them that I have an extra A-level? I had thought that, since the offer didn't specify the subject, it was not necessary to.

What are the chances of them rejecting my offer if I do contact them about this, and what are the chances if I do not contact them?
Original post by ucasthrowaway

However, I am also doing an A-level in History, which I did not declare on the UCAS form, because I wasn't sure if I was going to sit it or not.

Do I need to contact the University to inform them that I have an extra A-level? I had thought that, since the offer didn't specify the subject, it was not necessary to.

What are the chances of them rejecting my offer if I do contact them about this, and what are the chances if I do not contact them?

You need to declare it because they will be trying to match up your results with the qualifications you say you are doing on results day and it will throw a spanner in the works. They are obviously not going to retract your offer if you are doing something additional to what you have already declared. They were happy enough with you with 3 A levels, so they obviously aren't going to find you substandard with 4. Use some common sense and contact them.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4163875&p=65754849#post65754849

It is a legal requirement to declare all qualifications taken. If you do not, they can retract your offer due to your currently fraudulent application
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3

you need to tell them... if they find out later then you could lose your offer
Original post by super_kawaii
It is a legal requirement to declare all qualifications taken. If you do not, they can retract your offer due to your currently fraudulent application

Original post by fefssdf
you need to tell them... if they find out later then you could lose your offer

It is indeed a requirement and if deception has been carried out, then offers can be, and are, withdrawn, but in cases like this, that is never going to happen. OP just needs to clarify what will be on the results slip.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You need to declare it because they will be trying to match up your results with the qualifications you say you are doing on results day and it will throw a spanner in the works. They are obviously not going to retract your offer if you are doing something additional to what you have already declared. They were happy enough with you with 3 A levels, so they obviously aren't going to find you substandard with 4. Use some common sense and contact them.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4163875&p=65754849#post65754849

Thank you very much! :smile:

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It is indeed a requirement and if deception has been carried out, then offers can be, and are, withdrawn, but in cases like this, that is never going to happen. OP just needs to clarify what will be on the results slip.

I'd hope its obvious its not deception (I don't see why anyone would try do this deliberately!)
Thank you very much! :smile:

I'd hope its obvious its not deception (I don't see why anyone would try do this deliberately!)

People do try to do this intentionally, usually to try and hide poor grades-however it usually backfires as it can result in retracted offers. Even if it doesn't, it can seriously mess with your firm accepting or rejecting you normally on results day as your grade slip won't match up correctly with what you said you were doing, as Carnation said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending