The Student Room Group

CAN I DO IT? (turn pro) football

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robin567
well i dont have a chance?

if you're only starting to play the game aged 17, the prem is too far for you. You might make it to non-league or Welsh Premier while holding down another full-time job.
well i dont have a chance?

You always have a chance. But if that chance is 1 in half a million, chances are you going to put a lot of effort into disappointment.

Just out of curiosity, what is your plan to achieve success?
Reply 62
Original post by shawn_o1
if you're only starting to play the game aged 17, the prem is too far for you. You might make it to non-league or Welsh Premier while holding down another full-time job.

i planning to get scouted by prem clubs so yeah
Reply 63
Original post by ByEeek
You always have a chance. But if that chance is 1 in half a million, chances are you going to put a lot of effort into disappointment.

Just out of curiosity, what is your plan to achieve success?

i have recieved interest from crystal palace,qpr, tottenham, when i was 16 i was offered a 4 week trail. At the time i was focusing on gcse and parents have strong influence on me and i had to turn the offers down.Now that i have completed my first year of A LEVELS i want to attend those trails by showcasing my ability again
i have recieved interest from crystal palace,qpr, tottenham, when i was 16 i was offered a 4 week trail. At the time i was focusing on gcse and parents have strong influence on me and i had to turn the offers down.Now that i have completed my first year of A LEVELS i want to attend those trails by showcasing my ability again

Fair dos. I guess you have nothing to loose by going to a football summer camp or something. But be very realistic and have plan B firmly in hand.

One last thing. When I was your age, I was really into sailing. My life revolved around sailing. So I took up a job as a sailing instructor one summer. It sucked. The lesson learned. Doing something you love for a living is a completely different kettle of fish from doing something you love for love's sake. You can go onto do whatever you like in the world and still play top flight football.
Reply 65
Original post by ByEeek
Fair dos. I guess you have nothing to loose by going to a football summer camp or something. But be very realistic and have plan B firmly in hand.

One last thing. When I was your age, I was really into sailing. My life revolved around sailing. So I took up a job as a sailing instructor one summer. It sucked. The lesson learned. Doing something you love for a living is a completely different kettle of fish from doing something you love for love's sake. You can go onto do whatever you like in the world and still play top flight football.

THANKS i can play for the premier league since i recieved interest before right
THANKS i can play for the premier league since i recieved interest before right

Don't get star-struck. Interest does not mean you get a contract, a Ferrari and a WAG. Hundreds of young lads like you are shown interest. Few if any actually make it onto the first team.
Reply 67
Original post by ByEeek
Don't get star-struck. Interest does not mean you get a contract, a Ferrari and a WAG. Hundreds of young lads like you are shown interest. Few if any actually make it onto the first team.

thanks ill get my pro debut at 18
I have no inside knowledge of how premiership clubs operate, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't pursue your dream. My advice would be to do your research: contact every club and find out how to meet the person responsible for scouting, then put your questions to him.

When I was 13 I wrote to my team, Chelsea FC, asking for a trial. I was invited to take part in a match with other trialists. Unfortunately I didn't do so well and wasn't contacted afterwards. Although I regret not preparing better for that trial, I am glad I went to it and I feel that I was given a fair opportunity.
Anyone who is saying you CAN make it, knows nothing about football.

There is a tiny,tiny chance that you can make it, however it's best that you don't waste your time, it's too late, if you were 'as good as messi ' you would of realized your potential and tried to make it pro, not 'focusing on your studies'.
Reply 70
Original post by theBranicAc
Anyone who is saying you CAN make it, knows nothing about football.

There is a tiny,tiny chance that you can make it, however it's best that you don't waste your time, it's too late, if you were 'as good as messi ' you would of realized your potential and tried to make it pro, not 'focusing on your studies'.

you re not giving me a valid reason why i cant make it . your just stating fact from what yu believe.
you re not giving me a valid reason why i cant make it . your just stating fact from what yu believe.

It doesn't take rocket science to realise why you can't make it. Start using your brain, and stop acting as if you don't know
Reply 72
It doesn't take rocket science to realise why you can't make it. Start using your brain, and stop acting as if you don't know

loooool ian wright,van nesteroy, drogba,lambert emre mor, yeah they never used thier brains right?
loooool ian wright,van nesteroy, drogba,lambert emre mor, yeah they never used thier brains right?

Alright then 'messi, go out there and prove that your'as good as messi'
Reply 74
Alright then 'messi, go out there and prove that your'as good as messi'

well i will "next messi" thats what they call me hahah
well i will "next messi" thats what they call me hahah

you sure about that?
Reply 76
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
you sure about that?

yeahhhh 100 per cent
Original post by thuvcasio
not gonna lie, it can be a hit and miss as a person i know who has real talent didn't impress the scouts and he had his whole life set on it and it was pretty sad, i say keep at it but have a backup plan.

well yeah i do have a back up plan
Original post by Anonymous
well yeah i do have a back up plan

yeah?
thanks ill get my pro debut at 18

looool dreaming

Quick Reply

Latest