The Student Room Group

dont know what Uni to go or what to do

Hi,

im in year 12 and need advice, i am currently doing a btec in a subject I don't find interesting and I'm being asked to start writing my personal statement and apply for university, however I don't know what to do. I can do something computing elated in University but I'm not interested in computing, however I got no where else to turn in terms of courses, i'm stuck on 1 course as I do a BTEC, anyone got any advice what I should do?
Have you considered changing to another course in the following September and the pick up the final year at a local college
Reply 2
Original post by TeddyBear86
Have you considered changing to another course in the following September and the pick up the final year at a local college

I have but there are no colleges in london which do it! especially on my side of london
Can you look into colleges further in London rather than your surrounding area, I am thinking of City and Islington College
Reply 4
Original post by TeddyBear86
Can you look into colleges further in London rather than your surrounding area, I am thinking of City and Islington College

they offer BTECs I want to do A Levels, i dont know what to do now!
Reply 5
Original post by ma10
Hi,

im in year 12 and need advice, i am currently doing a btec in a subject I don't find interesting and I'm being asked to start writing my personal statement and apply for university, however I don't know what to do. I can do something computing elated in University but I'm not interested in computing, however I got no where else to turn in terms of courses, i'm stuck on 1 course as I do a BTEC, anyone got any advice what I should do?

If I were you, I would just start again with a different BTEC course or alternatively try A levels to keep your options open. It's hard when everyone is telling you to do your personal statement ect but whats the point in applying for uni when you don't even have a course that you'd get onto ??
Reply 6
Original post by fefssdf
If I were you, I would just start again with a different BTEC course or alternatively try A levels to keep your options open. It's hard when everyone is telling you to do your personal statement ect but whats the point in applying for uni when you don't even have a course that you'd get onto ??

the thing is that i dont even know what to study
Reply 7
Original post by ma10
the thing is that i dont even know what to study

Well in that case you shouldn't apply to university as you'll end up just picking a random course and won't enjoy it . Just take this summer to think hard about what it is you might like doing and perhaps in September try and visit some places and ask about different courses
You are not alone.

I am in the same position

Quick Reply

Latest