The Student Room Group

General Sexism

Having browsed this subsection of TSR recently, why do loads of guys here feel so ****ing entitled to girls! There is such a double standard when it comes to having sex, for guys it is cool for them to do it as much as possible, but for girls if they've ever had sex they are 'sluts'. What gives the sexless freaks on here the feeling that they can judge people who are going out and enjoying themselves?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone can judge anyone else on anything, you don't get to decide other people's standards. Sure, they're probably vile cretins saying that rubbish, but what are you going to do? Police their opinions?
They're pretending to be lads who get a lot of sex on a student site. Need more be said?
I think you'll find that people who are still virgins can have just as good a life as people who have had sex. They are NOT freaks. Honestly, why does everyone think that to have a successful life, you need to have shagged/ been shagged by someone. It's utter stupidity in the highest regard. And another thing, I think that virgins do have the right to criticize those that do have sex. I agree that girls are NOT sluts just because they had sex, and I agree that guys just crave the vaj. That's the way things are these days; you aren't cool unless you've had sex.
Original post by iamamarxist
Having browsed this subsection of TSR recently, why do loads of guys here feel so ****ing entitled to girls! There is such a double standard when it comes to having sex, for guys it is cool for them to do it as much as possible, but for girls if they've ever had sex they are 'sluts'. What gives the sexless freaks on here the feeling that they can judge people who are going out and enjoying themselves?

Its not a double standard. Its a natural standard.

Men are biologically programmed to stick their dicks in everything they see, so naturally a man who has done this more than others is congratulated.

On the flipside, women are biologically programmed to find the best mate they can find. That's why its viewed so negatively when a women is slutty. Sluttiness in women literally goes against nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Esoteric-

Men are biologically programmed to stick their dicks in everything they see, so naturally a man who has done this more than others is congratulated.

On the flipside, women are biologically programmed to find the best mate they can find. That's why its viewed so negatively when a women is slutty. Sluttiness in women literally goes against nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, biologically a man having multiple partners shows that he is capable of leading many women and spreading his genes far and wide. Biologically, a woman having multiple partners shows that either she is not intelligent and makes poor choices, or she is disloyal and not worthy of a commitment.
You know, even if they're wrong, people are allowed to have double standards. I don't personally subscribe to that. I think excessive sex in anybody is evidence of poor impulse control.

Dat username doe
Reply 8
This is the way of society, this is why you won't hear any guy's new girlfriend going on about her slutty past, women do well in covering that up, doubt any guy would really want to know. Any guy thinking the woman they are newly dating is some innocent virgin though has to be very naive, likely a lot of women of today are hitting those double digits.

I don't want to judge people and I see were you are coming from OP but you aren't going to stop anyone judging others, just focus on yourself and how you conduct yourself that's the best you can do and hope that it reflects well on others in how they choose to behave.

I must add I find women can be as sexist as men in other departments so let's not point the finger at the male sex.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Adamski191
I think you'll find that people who are still virgins can have just as good a life as people who have had sex. They are NOT freaks. Honestly, why does everyone think that to have a successful life, you need to have shagged/ been shagged by someone. It's utter stupidity in the highest regard. And another thing, I think that virgins do have the right to criticize those that do have sex. I agree that girls are NOT sluts just because they had sex, and I agree that guys just crave the vaj. That's the way things are these days; you aren't cool unless you've had sex.

I'm not saying that, I just hate people who think they are above everyone else because they are virgins
Original post by Esoteric-

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry that is just wrong. Evidence?

Furthermore, even if it was correct, it is STILL wrong, because we are not merely biological creatures, we should believe in social equality even if you're an idiot and believe we aren't biological. I bet you're one of those idiots who thinks rape is good or whatever.
Original post by The Roast
Dat username doe

judgmental PC warrior

I know your type
Original post by 41b
Also, biologically a man having multiple partners shows that he is capable of leading many women and spreading his genes far and wide. Biologically, a woman having multiple partners shows that either she is not intelligent and makes poor choices, or she is disloyal and not worthy of a commitment.

what the actual **** i genuinely can't understand how sexist you are. How does that mean anything of what you say? Surely fertility or whatever is a good thing? You're probably a homophobe too, and a racist.

Blacks are biologically lesser and queers are genetic mutations
because men are more superior to women
Original post by Mancini
This is the way of society, this is why you won't hear any guy's new girlfriend going on about her slutty past, women do well in covering that up, doubt any guy would really want to know. Any guy thinking the woman they are newly dating is some innocent virgin though has to be very naive, likely a lot of women of today are hitting those double digits.

I don't want to judge people and I see were you are coming from OP but you aren't going to stop anyone judging others, just focus on yourself and how you conduct yourself that's the best you can do and hope that it reflects well on others in how they choose to behave.

I must add I find women can be as sexist as men in other departments so let's not point the finger at the male sex.

Ok you are just wrong. Firstly, you use the term 'slut' which immediately means I have no respect for you. No, I am not tolerant of the intolerant, sorry.

And that simply is not true. Sexism is a system of oppression. Women can be discriminatory to men, but not sexist. Also, what is the female equivalent of rape or lad culture?
Original post by theBranicAc
because men are more superior to women

Go tell that to your mum
Go tell that to your mum

whats the purpose of that?
I'm sorry that is just wrong. Evidence?

Furthermore, even if it was correct, it is STILL wrong, because we are not merely biological creatures, we should believe in social equality even if you're an idiot and believe we aren't biological. I bet you're one of those idiots who thinks rape is good or whatever.

By all means, please go ahead and stick your head in the sand.

Life is a zero sum game. Your ignorance is my strength. Good day :smile:
Reply 18
Ok you are just wrong. Firstly, you use the term 'slut' which immediately means I have no respect for you. No, I am not tolerant of the intolerant, sorry.

And that simply is not true. Sexism is a system of oppression. Women can be discriminatory to men, but not sexist. Also, what is the female equivalent of rape or lad culture?

I am not wrong it is a fact of life dear which you cannot deny.

Second yes I did use the word slut because it is appropriate in this discussion and within the context, you say you have no respect for me this is fine you don't have to respect me , you don't know me.

Sexism is not a system of oppression , did someone tell you this in your female studies class or in one of your feminist books?

Lad culture does not exist, I won't even bother commenting on it, the fact you bring up this idea of lad culture and don't know the female equivalent which is ladette culture which once again is a bs culture, just sums you up.

I can see you are already getting ready to prepare your self victimisation field, so I will leave you at it.

Why must you even bring up rape? What has rape or lad culture got to do with the conversation at hand?

I don't think people judging others necessarily means they are intolerant, so you are wrong in this thinking for sure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by theBranicAc
whats the purpose of that?

showing your double standard mate

Quick Reply