The Student Room Group

headcount of french fluents

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IKEAPanda37
Hi there :smile:

I've finished AS French and am starting A2 before next year, so I'm also here to help :biggrin:

I got an A in GCSE French by the way

hi, how is french a-level like? i have heard it has more cultural stuff than actual french(language)
btw, congrats on ur A at gcse!
may i ask what you got in ur AS french if you don't mind?
(edited 7 years ago)
I speak fluent French. Ready to help!

Top marks in GCSE, AS and A-level french.
Original post by tasha_tah
hey evryone.. im a gcse student who studies french for my gcses. i am currently at a grade A/B but need to get up to a grade A*. i just want to ask how many of u are fluent french speakers or know french or have done french so in the future then maybe i can get tips? or it would just be nice to know some french or someone who knows the french language!! :smile:

Hey there! I'm in year 10 as well and have 2 A*s already :biggrin: I will be glad to help you with anything in French :smile:
Original post by mediaya
hi, how is french a-level like? i have heard it has more cultural stuff than actual french(language)
btw, congrats on ur A at gcse?
may i ask what you got in ur AS french if you don't mind?

Yes, there is quite a lot of cultural stuff at A-level but of course there is still a significant amount of grammar to learn and re-learn. However, AS has easier topics such as TV, music, health, whereas A2 has some very in-depth topics such as racism, pollution, poverty and you have to learn about any 2 of a director/painter/history period/area of France/poet etc.

I don't find out what I got until August, we would start A2 next year, but we started it early before the summer
Reply 24
Original post by The Roast
I speak fluent French. Ready to help!

Top marks in GCSE, AS and A-level french.

Wow thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by BhavyaB
Hey there! I'm in year 10 as well and have 2 A*s already :biggrin: I will be glad to help you with anything in French :smile:

Thank uuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by IKEAPanda37
Hi there :smile:

I've finished AS French and am starting A2 before next year, so I'm also here to help :biggrin:

I got an A in GCSE French by the way

Hey thanks for offering to help too...I'll let u know :biggrin:
U got a great grade.. well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not anywhere near fluent but I did the GCSE this year and I did enjoy French, so if you want to ask me about it you can.

Good luck with everything :biggrin:
Original post by BhavyaB
I did not know this Unicorn >.< Comment ca va?

A lot of people thought I were something like 16 lol :lol: not my fault if I'm childish :innocent:

Ça va merci 😽😽 et toi :h: ? Ça fait longtemps ! T'as eu les résultats pour le test de français ?
Reply 29
Original post by niv1234
I'm not anywhere near fluent but I did the GCSE this year and I did enjoy French, so if you want to ask me about it you can.

Thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
A lot of people thought I were something like 16 lol :lol: not my fault if I'm childish :innocent:

Ça va merci 😽😽 et toi :h: ? Ça fait longtemps ! T'as eu les résultats pour le test de français ?

I thought u were 16..... But then i read that u went to uni soooo i understood

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha yes most of the people I know here told me the same :mmm:
Reply 32
Anyone speak fluent swedish I need help

Hahaha yes most of the people I know here told me the same :mmm:

Original post by mediaya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by niv1234

Original post by ln2u

Oh no, am so sorry i don't :redface:
Original post by ln2u

I don't either, very sorry :sad:
Reply 35
Original post by mediaya
Oh no, am so sorry i don't :redface:

Theres a Swedish woman in my house and I dont know what shes saying
Reply 36
I don't either, very sorry :sad:

Do you want to learn Swedish? I can speak french too in canada we speak all language no really come canada and like a quarter of the population speaks french which is surprising because when you first think of canada you dont think of french and you think of people like justin beiber who mainly speak english but because of the french colony from the french invasion we still speak french in canada and I like that because it means I can communicate with people around the world and not just be restricted to one language.
Original post by ln2u
Do you want to learn Swedish? I can speak french too in canada we speak all language no really come canada and like a quarter of the population speaks french which is surprising because when you first think of canada you dont think of french and you think of people like justin beiber who mainly speak english but because of the french colony from the french invasion we still speak french in canada and I like that because it means I can communicate with people around the world and not just be restricted to one language.

Indeed it's very cool speaking more than one language :3

Well I can't learn Swedish for now, because I am currently learning Czech. After that I might learn Russian, and/or Spanish. I loooove languages :love:

What languages can you speak :3 ?
Reply 38
Indeed it's very cool speaking more than one language :3

Well I can't learn Swedish for now, because I am currently learning Czech. After that I might learn Russian, and/or Spanish. I loooove languages :love:

What languages can you speak :3 ?

Wow! It's great that ur learning these languages...it's actually amazing:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha_tah
Wow! It's great that ur learning these languages...it's actually amazing:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not, I mean I am currently learning Czech, the others are just on the list :yep:
I do speak a few languages tho, I'm fluent in French, English, Arabic, I understand German to some extent, and ofc I'm learning Czech. I am just in love with languages :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending