The Student Room Group

Does everyone get a limo for prom?

Scroll to see replies

Personally, I dont think it's worth it tbh. I remember planning it with friends, but it fell through last minute. A group of boys at my secondary school did it, but people didn't really care that much and there wasn't such a big commotion when they left. I'm happy we didn't do it; plus my school is located in quite a weird location.

I would say if you guys really want to, go for it. However, if you dont at least you've saved yourself £50.
Original post by fefssdf
Ah right yeh my prom was full of boys and girls snogging each other and stuff ; I don't even know why I turned up - watching my crush snog some other girl and announce they were officially together was pretty awkward

Awww, that's a shame, especially since prom is supposed to be a blast - and wow, that's awkward but hey, it happens. You still had a great time with your friends tho, right?
Posted from TSR Mobile
We went in a vintage vw campervan. Got there, noone was there to see us arrive. Luckily it belonged to a friend so didn't cost us anything, but it's really not worth it if you're going for a grand entrance
Original post by nomophobia
Awww, that's a shame, especially since prom is supposed to be a blast - and wow, that's awkward but hey, it happens. You still had a great time with your friends tho, right?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really TBH ; I am not a party person and it was just really dead and boring and I basically spent the time moaning about how bad it was and we did this photshoot thing and that just made me feel really self conscious cause I hate photos - my friends then decided they wanted to leave and I ended up in a nearby park with this girl who was smoking weed and then I went home . This is why I subsequently bailed on my mates 18th party and am not going to the year 13 prom ; these types of events are just so boring to me
Original post by Fawkesgirl33
We went in a vintage vw campervan. Got there, noone was there to see us arrive. Luckily it belonged to a friend so didn't cost us anything, but it's really not worth it if you're going for a grand entrance

Yeh that's the problem cause if everyone wants to go in some flash car then it's unlikely many people will actually be there to watch your enterance
Original post by fefssdf
Not really TBH ; I am not a party person and it was just really dead and boring and I basically spent the time moaning about how bad it was and we did this photshoot thing and that just made me feel really self conscious cause I hate photos - my friends then decided they wanted to leave and I ended up in a nearby park with this girl who was smoking weed and then I went home . This is why I subsequently bailed on my mates 18th party and am not going to the year 13 prom ; these types of events are just so boring to me

Oh. That's a real shame, but what a strange ending. And fair enough, not everyone likes parties like that and I can imagine an 18th party getting real wild. You can always go out for a nice meal with your friends or something instead. I don't think we have a year 13 prom though, I moved sixth forms and the sixth form is huge - it would be impossible to fit everyone and no one would even know each other :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh. That's a real shame, but what a strange ending. And fair enough, not everyone likes parties like that and I can imagine an 18th party getting real wild. You can always go out for a nice meal with your friends or something instead. I don't think we have a year 13 prom though, I moved sixth forms and the sixth form is huge - it would be impossible to fit everyone and no one would even know each other :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I guess so and unfortunately the people I hung around with were all into drinking so I doubttheu would've wanted a quiet meal out - hopefully at uni I will find some less party obsessed types who I can do other things with - I really wish schools would come up with other events rather than a party - like maybe they could arrange some short trip away or something like idk I just think these proms are such a waste of time cause st my school they even had a ' prom comittee ' who pick the theme and stuff but my god it was still ****.
Original post by goam
A guy from our school went in a wheelbarrow lmao (his brother carried him)

Pure class.
Original post by fefssdf
Yeh I guess so and unfortunately the people I hung around with were all into drinking so I doubttheu would've wanted a quiet meal out - hopefully at uni I will find some less party obsessed types who I can do other things with - I really wish schools would come up with other events rather than a party - like maybe they could arrange some short trip away or something like idk I just think these proms are such a waste of time cause st my school they even had a ' prom comittee ' who pick the theme and stuff but my god it was still ****.

Yeah, I'm gonna have a similar issue next year - all my friends are talking about how they're gonna go out clubbing and stuff when they turn 18 and I'm just like.... and I'm sure you'll find your kind of people at uni, there'll be way more people and all sorts of societies you can join.

Maybe it was your school that was kind of disorganised? I do sympathise with you, unfortunately it happens. At my school we had other leavers trips as well as prom, and I thought my prom went fab - although my friend hated it so it's all subjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I'm gonna have a similar issue next year - all my friends are talking about how they're gonna go out clubbing and stuff when they turn 18 and I'm just like.... and I'm sure you'll find your kind of people at uni, there'll be way more people and all sorts of societies you can join.

Maybe it was your school that was kind of disorganised? I do sympathise with you, unfortunately it happens. At my school we had other leavers trips as well as prom, and I thought my prom went fab - although my friend hated it so it's all subjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school prom was in the school hall so I hope I wasn't the only one who thought it was ****, and yeh at uni I'm going to join the sports clubs to keep myself busy as some of them train in the evenings so would rather be indoors doing something fun than at some club ... I will try and go out to clubs for the ' experience ' but it will probably just give me a headache TBH
Original post by fefssdf
My school prom was in the school hall so I hope I wasn't the only one who thought it was ****, and yeh at uni I'm going to join the sports clubs to keep myself busy as some of them train in the evenings so would rather be indoors doing something fun than at some club ... I will try and go out to clubs for the ' experience ' but it will probably just give me a headache TBH

School hall :rofl: that's pretty bad lmao. And I don't see why you're trying to force yourself to enjoy something you know you won't like - the "experience" is probably gonna be **** too - might as well just throw yourself into sports and have fun with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, I got a taxi!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would personally say that there is no point if you are not going in a group (5-7) people and all share the price for the ride. I personally hired a luxury taxi which caused me in total of £70 - £90. Simple and fantastic. Did the job and I sure enjoyed the night. At least half of it.
School hall :rofl: that's pretty bad lmao. And I don't see why you're trying to force yourself to enjoy something you know you won't like - the "experience" is probably gonna be **** too - might as well just throw yourself into sports and have fun with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh hopefully hahaha but my own experience of a party was at the school hall so I dunno if I was in a proper club maybe I'd enjoy I more aha and yeh sports is the way I think
Original post by AxSirlotl
I don't know if paying about £350 for a limo is worth it, that's about £50 for each person. Do many people just turn up in their parent's car?

I got together with 6 other mates and we paid our local ice cream man to give us a lift for £70 which is a tenner each... he played the song as we drove in and some of the people ran out because they thought there would be ice cream lol
I went in my mum's car and won prom queen so I don't think it matters 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile
At my prom most people hired cars: Limos, Party buses, classic cars, sports cars, tanks, one group turned up in a helicopter and one group came in on push scooters.
Don't bother going in a limo, it's a waste of money. Go in a parents car. When you turn up to the event, no one in your year even cares and some probably laugh if you do turn up in something like a limo. Lol like me
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't me and a few friends went in her dads car which was fine but regretted it a little as had never been in one before so got one for my 18th so I'd say go for it if you arn't likely to get the chance again it haven't before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go in a yacht; at least then no-one can say that you didn't push the boat out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending