The Student Room Group

Who thinks Nigel Farage should resign now?

Scroll to see replies

**** off.
he is the reason we even had the referendum and subsequently left the dreadful EU
why should he resign for being a success?
better: he was a success *and* **** all over the EU after brexit - he's a legend at this point.
(edited 7 years ago)
See, hilariously, now that he won't be an MEP his political career is over. He's never going to be elected as an MP so in a way this referendum has done him over.
He should resign because of a bunch of butthurt Remainians think he should? lol
The man is an embarrassment to be honest.
Why should he? He's just convinced the people to vote leave after years of work
Oh Shut up.
Original post by pol pot noodles
I swear half of TSR members would apologise to someone who banged their wife.
The well is already poisoned. Let's not pretend the EU hasn't made and been making many derogatory remarks about the UK.
As per iterated prisoner's dilemma, negotiations are won by the strong. Kowtowing and kissing the EU's feet would likely make them think we are pushovers, and that is what would trigger a hardline stance from them. The rest of the world negotiates from positions of strength. Only in the UK do people think bending over backwards to appease the other side will result in favourable treatment for us.

Its nothing to do with strength, its the fact Farage is odious and arrogant. Yes its not a good position but lets not worsen it for no reason. Farage is a horrific representative for the UK (especially since we are in its final years) and calling surgeons lazy isn't going to do anyone any good. You want a strong negotiator to led? All for that but not Farage. Never. Farage.*
Reply 47
There is much we don't know - the derision he might have experienced at the EU over 17 years. It was good for him to have his moment, even if he did go a little over the top.

A pity that we will now lose Farage. The fact his determination made sure this Referendum took place, and that he isn't even in the National Parliament makes this achievement all the more impressive.

He shan't ever sit in the House of Commons I'm sure, so his resignation will never be effected, he will just disappear or continue to exist like that vile woman Natalie Bennett.
Reply 48
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Got a sneaky feeling article 50 wont be invoked and we will end up remaining

The UK will get a Norwegian deal and everybody will be happy.
Reply 49
I think his trolling days are over. What pisses me off is how he addressed the European parliament and insulted everyone there like he's some god he needs to really get over himself. This is a man who doesn't even bother to turn up to meetings he's really an arrogant and selfish person. I can't stand UKIP I hope they disappear from UK politics
Original post by Jee1
I think his trolling days are over. What pisses me off is how he addressed the European parliament and insulted everyone there like he's some god he needs to really get over himself. This is a man who doesn't even bother to turn up to meetings he's really an arrogant and selfish person. I can't stand UKIP I hope they disappear from UK politics

He has just run himself out of a job (£300k a year for an MEP?) for the love of his country. That is about as selfless as you can get.
Reply 51
Original post by Jebedee
He has just run himself out of a job (£300k a year for an MEP?) for the love of his country. That is about as selfless as you can get.

He is a laughing stock, claiming that everyone in the EU Parliament haven't had a real job in their lives is just plain insulting I bet most of those people have better CVs and qualification than him , the guy behind him who was laughing at his stupidity was a heart surgeon, go figue
Original post by James.Carnell
No, he should not. Because Brexit has not actually happened yet. We want a real exit, no free movement.

I agree with you
Farage won
so most of these forum guys like Europe were still in at the moment if you like it so much a house there starts at £30,000 so why don't you move
but back to my argument yes we want a real exit there are several countries who want our trade including
Iceland(not great but trade is money)
the USA(great if this pans out my business needs this for its on-going success)
Canada(a decent one as it has movement for my business not much but some)
new Zealand(see Iceland)
Australia(have you seen the minerals I know a guy who lived out there for several years and know a lot of stories of mineral wealth they have gold, diamonds and opal as well as titanium oxide)
brazil(they have emeralds and I love emeralds, so a good partnership if it works out)
switzerland(the world's banking hub and the home of literally every decent watch company on the planet)
and a few others
Original post by Jee1
He is a laughing stock, claiming that everyone in the EU Parliament haven't had a real job in their lives is just plain insulting I bet most of those people have better CVs and qualification than him , the guy behind him who was laughing at his stupidity was a heart surgeon, go figue

So you found that one of them had a professional job and that means his point is moot? I think you'll find a large proportion of them are career politicians who have never worked outside the field of politics. But don't let me get in the way of your remainer whine.

He isn't a laughing stock, he won.
Original post by Josb
The UK will get a Norwegian deal and everybody will be happy.

Except for those who voted to leave - free movement of people is not what they were voting for...
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Got a sneaky feeling article 50 wont be invoked and we will end up remaining

That would have been great but I just don't see it as very realistic. Not invoking article 50 would be the end of BoJo's political career in the Tory party, and BoJo's personal political aspirations seem to set the country's agenda these days.
Reply 56
Original post by Yellow 03
Except for those who voted to leave - free movement of people is not what they were voting for...

Officially, the vote was about leaving the EU, not immigration.

(We're not going to wait for too long before hearing that :biggrin:).
Original post by Josb
Officially, the vote was about leaving the EU, not immigration.

(We're not going to wait for too long before hearing that :biggrin:).

I know, Boris actually said that very thing in his first speech! :eek:

This is the quote: "It is said that those who voted Leave were mainly driven by anxieties about immigration. I do not believe that is so."

Oh, the shamelessness...:s-smilie:
Yeah wtf... Why is he still there the jammy little git. Everyone hates him there so...
I think he's a legend tbh, helped push for the referendum and doesn't give a **** about political correctness. All I see is remainers that are still throwing a tantrum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending