The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation Info

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyrosew
I have firmed UEA for Speech & Language Therapy and stuck between applying for en suite village or the zigs, I would only go for zigs as they sound good and are a cheaper price however, would much prefer my own bathroom! I think the block I will mostly be studying in is near the hospital therefore, not right on the campus, does anyone know how far it is to work from the university village to the health sciences area? Which of the two accommodation options would you recommend?

I would say the distance to the Hospital between the two blocks are about the same at face value. There may be some short cuts we don't know about, but they appear pretty similar. It really comes down to your own taste about what you want in your first year. Whether you want the very cheapest option, or your own en-suite. You tend to get a slightly bigger bed in the Village, and you share a block with fewer people.

Anne-Sophie's blog on the Village accommodation might be helpful to get a feel for it. https://annesophieatuea.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/en-suite-village-accommodation-at-uea/
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Hey, I've firmed for a PGCE and applied for accommodation, I think (or the way I understand it) that I'm not guaranteed accommodation. How long will it be from after I've submitted the application to when I'll be informed whether I'll be offered accommodation or not? I know the deadline for applications is July 31st but does that mean that I'll have to wait until then? I'd much rather know sooner than later as I'll have more time to sort out alternative accommodation If I'm not offered a room. Thanks :smile:
Original post by RainbowStorms
Hey, I've firmed for a PGCE and applied for accommodation, I think (or the way I understand it) that I'm not guaranteed accommodation. How long will it be from after I've submitted the application to when I'll be informed whether I'll be offered accommodation or not? I know the deadline for applications is July 31st but does that mean that I'll have to wait until then? I'd much rather know sooner than later as I'll have more time to sort out alternative accommodation If I'm not offered a room. Thanks :smile:

This is the accommodation key dates/timeline which should help with what you're looking for :smile:
Original post by mobbsy91
This is the accommodation key dates/timeline which should help with what you're looking for :smile:

Hey :smile: Thanks for the timeline that helped with my original but has now left me with another question...the postgraduate move in date is September 22nd, my course start date (at the moment) is September 5th, is this taken into consideration? Again thanks for the timetable! :smile:
Original post by RainbowStorms
Hey :smile: Thanks for the timeline that helped with my original but has now left me with another question...the postgraduate move in date is September 22nd, my course start date (at the moment) is September 5th, is this taken into consideration? Again thanks for the timetable! :smile:

I don't know the answer to that question, sorry! Ill tag in UEA's official rep, @University of East Anglia but otherwise I'd recommend emailing [email protected] (which may be what the UEA rep suggests too!).
Original post by mobbsy91

Thank you :smile:
Reply 66
Hey everyone :smile: If anyone wants to know what the UEA ensuite campus accommodation is like I've done a room tour, hope its useful :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1YKUBgmgOE
Is there under the bed storage for the ensuite village accommodation? :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by hollygc123
Is there under the bed storage for the ensuite village accommodation? :smile:

Yep, you have to loft the entire bed up on a spring mechanism though so it's best for long term storage rather than day to day things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I received an accommodation offer for the University/Student Village today and will almost definitely be accepting as it is my first choice. Just wondered who else had received an offer and is thinking of moving in there too this September :smile:
Hi, I'm in Britten house in BH12C, does this mean flat 12 and if so what floor is that does anyone know??
I'm Norfolk Terrace Block E - NTE0502.
Anyone else?
Original post by Benjaminjames854
Hi, I'm in Britten house in BH12C, does this mean flat 12 and if so what floor is that does anyone know??

Hi! Yes it's flat 12! Opposite my old flat :biggrin: its first floor (one up from the bottom!).
Ahh nice!! I'm jealous of anyone in the new blocks as they've got proper ovens and look v nice!!
Original post by Benjaminjames854

You're in my old flat and room!!! It's on the first floor, so only one set of stairs to go up :smile:
Original post by Zoelingua
You're in my old flat and room!!! It's on the first floor, so only one set of stairs to go up :smile:

Thats so strange!! They said this room is like opposite the kitchen, is it noisy or anything or is it nice??
did you guys get a email notifying you of this?
I got my room offer a few days ago for the village the room startsUVCA just wondering what does the CA part mean? I'm guessing the next part is like floor and room or something?
Got nothing so far...
Original post by jbailey24
I got my room offer a few days ago for the village the room startsUVCA just wondering what does the CA part mean? I'm guessing the next part is like floor and room or something?

I think CA is Courtyard A!

Quick Reply