The Student Room Group

GCSE's in a year possible?

Okay, i've been off school for almost a year due to anxiety and i've missed most of year 10, if i was to get back to school for year 11 would i be able to do my gcse's and catch up?
Reply 1
You can definitely!
I moved countries, and so I changed my syllabus, and I was homeschooled, so i had to go through many topics by myself. It was really tough, especially because i only got serious about the studying in January, and i also had to do the Geography work in 2 months so imagine how much stress I was going through, I expected the syllabus to be the same/ almost the same as the other syllabus i used to do but turned out to be completely different. So yea you can say i did my GCSE's in year.
So just work hard, and don't make my mistake, start studying as early as possible.
Yeah. I didn't really focus at all in year 10. Decided to start studying from the beginning of year 11 and trust me that is more than enough time to cover all the syllabus. Good luck.
Original post by Defalt
Okay, i've been off school for almost a year due to anxiety and i've missed most of year 10, if i was to get back to school for year 11 would i be able to do my gcse's and catch up?

Similar thing happened to me xx It is possible. I am actually home schooled now and I am studying my gcse's in 1 year. You might have to drop a few though .... (i have only got time to do 8)

Quick Reply

Latest