The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend and I'm 17!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SarahKhanx
Guys, I'm 17 and I've never had a boyfriend. It terrifies me because most of my friends have and had boyfriends but not me. I really want ine but I can't get one for many reasons.

How do I find a boyfriend right for me. Any tips so I can find someone who will like m?

17 I too young to have a BF anyway.... if you ask me.
Guys, I'm 17 and I've never had a boyfriend. It terrifies me because most of my friends have and had boyfriends but not me. I really want ine but I can't get one for many reasons.

How do I find a boyfriend right for me. Any tips so I can find someone who will like m?

What are the reasons why you can't get a bf?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not having had a boyfriend at 17 is abnormal nowadays? Wtf?

I didn't have my proper boyfriend until I was 20
17 is still young. You won't get a boyfriend just because you 'want one.' Just chill out and let it happen. When it's time, you'll know. Don't get a boyfriend just because your friends have had them and you haven't and you feel a bit left out. Being in a relationship means making a commitment among a number of other things. It's not just a nice thing to do or a new BFF to do nice things with. There's commitment and there's responsibility. Relationships take time and effort.

If you're really desperate to meet new people though, try meeting new people outside of school hours. Try joining a club or two, or taking a class, or going to the gym or something.

These things seem to come when you least expect it.
I technically had a girlfriend but at 17, it's really not worth the time. From what I've experienced 16/17 year old girls/guys are quite immature so don't get hung up about it
@SarahKhanx

Whatever you do, do not go clubbing. Thats basically where the narcissistic shallow people go to meet eachother while drinking alcohol do digest the terrible music. And if thats the reason why I didnt have a GF yet, im proud of it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Same

So what - there's nothing to say that you need one. Take things at your own pace - no need to rush.
Are you worried you don't have one because everyone has one or are you worried because you want one and you don't have one.
If it's the latter then just go out more and be social.
If it's the first then like I said, there's no such thing as 'milestones' needed.
It's absolutely normal to not have a bf at your age. :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Anonymous
You will get someone, I wish you the best of luck, everyone is beautiful.

Give love, kindness and you shall receive.

May god get someone nice in your life when the time is right.

Good luck

Aw thank you babe xx
Reply 88
Original post by Galaxie501
@SarahKhanx

I mean, Im 19 have not had a proper GF yet, and it does bug me at times. The sad thing is that when I go to Uni most of the girls will have had at least one boyfriend, so theres basically no way of finding a pool of girls who have not had one yet, ayyy lmao.

Whatever you do, do not go clubbing. Thats basically where the narcissistic shallow people go to meet eachother while drinking alcohol do digest the terrible music. And if thats the reason why I didnt have a GF yet, im proud of it.

This is so true. Th is why I appreciate people like you because even though you don't have a gf you're stil happy and I wish o could be happy like you too ygm xx
Reply 89
Original post by super_kawaii
Not having had a boyfriend at 17 is abnormal nowadays? Wtf?

I didn't have my proper boyfriend until I was 20

Not much of a year gap love 🙄
I'm 26 and haven't even had my first kiss yet. Why do you feel the need to have one?
Reply 91
Original post by ColossalAtom
I'm 26 and haven't even had my first kiss yet. Why do you feel the need to have one?

I want that feeling 😔I want someone to care, love and cherish me ft me not for someone I'm not. I've never had my first kiss either yet which still scares me
if you really want a boyfriend then don't listen to the people who say "oh don't worry" because that way you won't actively seek one. If it's a big deal to you don't just sit back and wait for guys to come to you
Original post by Alextaylor6
if you really want a boyfriend then don't listen to the people who say "oh don't worry" because that way you won't actively seek one. If it's a big deal to you don't just sit back and wait for guys to come to you

Well actually they will probably come, because men have way lower standards than women, due to biological/evolutionary reasons.

Girls can afford to be MUCH more selective, and they are in fact.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why do you feel pressured to find a boyfriend just because your friends have had boyfriends? You should not compare yourself to them because everyone is different. Don't let societal norms pressure you into something. Focus on being happy and enjoying life.
Original post by Galaxie501
Well actually they will probably come, because men have way lower standards than women, due to biological/evolutionary reasons.

Girls can afford to be MUCH more selective, and they are in fact.

Considering she said she really wants a boyfriend, she would surely have taken up some of these offers? Sometimes the girl has to put herself out there
I wasn't 21 until I got a girlfriend. You don't have to rush into things. There's things left in your life that you are yet to complete that will increase your chances of finding someone.
Not much of a year gap love 🙄

It's almost a 4 year gap (I was actually almost 21 when it happened)

Boyfriends are a waste of time, especially when you're still at school-I've never known one relationship last the start of uni.

You have more important things to focus on i.e. getting good A Levels and getting into uni*

i'm 16 and never had one
:bhangra:
You're right. I should think like that. Message me privately pls?

I did, you never replied. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending