The Student Room Group

Business IT or just IT?

I've just finished first year at Queens belfast doing BIT. I thought that before i started it would be good for getting me a job after university because of the dual set of business and it skills. However now I'm beginning to worry that I will graduate with no real skills, having done half a course in IT and half a course in business I'm worried that I may have made a mistake. Im considering the possibility of repeating first year and moving computer science. What are your thoughts? Stick with BIT or am I right to worry about the course
Original post by NiallBelfast
I've just finished first year at Queens belfast doing BIT. I thought that before i started it would be good for getting me a job after university because of the dual set of business and it skills. However now I'm beginning to worry that I will graduate with no real skills, having done half a course in IT and half a course in business I'm worried that I may have made a mistake. Im considering the possibility of repeating first year and moving computer science. What are your thoughts? Stick with BIT or am I right to worry about the course

Doesn't Queens Belfast do a placement year...? If so then you'll be fine if you take up a placement year. Rather than resitting an entire year.

Anyway, in some cases I'd probably say that Business in IT is worth quite a bit, given most places have it as Computer Science with respect to business practices/requirements, and management, and most knowledge you get on the CS route can be self taught, or demonstrated by other means.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending