The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Ramil Ahmadov;66183013]What about Q6 a?? Are you sure there was 9 samples, not 6??

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was 9
Original post by gameofthrones1

WHy? isn't it 44 66 88 46 48 68 which makes 6? Especially if i got the second part right, where total probability of these 6 makes 1, which is correct.
[QUOTE=Ramil Ahmadov;66183393]WHy? isn't it 44 66 88 46 48 68 which makes 6? Especially if i got the second part right, where total probability of these 6 makes 1, which is correct.

46 64
48 84
68 86
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
WHy? isn't it 44 66 88 46 48 68 which makes 6? Especially if i got the second part right, where total probability of these 6 makes 1, which is correct.

but you have to do 6,8 and 8,6 as two separate samples ?
46 64
48 84
68 86

Okay, that makes sense now. Thanks
How many marks do you think i will lose in Q1 e if i did this?
Y-B(12,0.1378)
P(X=3) = 12C3 x (0.1378)^3 x (1-0.1378)^7 instead of 9, and therefore got the wrong answer
How many marks do you think i will lose in Q1 e if i did this?
Y-B(12,0.1378)
P(X=3) = 12C3 x (0.1378)^3 x (1-0.1378)^7 instead of 9, and therefore got the wrong answer

How many marks was it, 3?
you'd lose one for accuracy I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it was 3 marks, but i got wrong answer just because i put 7 instead of 12-3=9, and thought i will lose 2 marks, 1 for accuracy 2 for wrong answer.
Yes it was 3 marks, but i got wrong answer just because i put 7 instead of 12-3=9, and thought i will lose 2 marks, 1 for accuracy 2 for wrong answer.

I think you'd lose one

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you'd lose one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe two, but hopefully only one...
Still no model answers ?!!!
Original post by avi haria
Still no model answers ?!!!

Waiting on kprime !
I can't remember my answers 10 minutes after the exam, let alone three days :lol:
Original post by mupsman2312
Oh - sorry; my bad! :colondollar:

Original post by igotohaggerston
Has someone posted the paper yet?

Original post by fefssdf
No :/ but hoping it comes out today ; I NEED to know my marks ; it's really stressing me out

Original post by SeanFM
Go and enjoy your summer :s-smilie:

What about Q6 a?? Are you sure there was 9 samples, not 6??

46 64
48 84
68 86

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4193909&p=66199067#post66199067 solutions with paper
Hi, I think I got 61 or 62 out of 75. What UMS should I roughly expect to get alongside the grade boundaries ?
Original post by AlexFrangos
I made a mistake in the critical region question, i found X>=11 rather X>=9 and so the next parts of that question went wrong. Do you think i will lose all the marks in that question?

Umm You will get Method marks if any.
But I don't think you can get A/B marks on mark scheme
The last part of that questions is asking if the conclusion would change. I think you could get one of them correct.
Original post by hank_the_tank
The last part of that questions is asking if the conclusion would change. I think you could get one of them correct.

Yeah, you're right. But if the mark scheme is very lenient and says "B1 ft", then he will get full marks in those parts. I could see it happening
Original post by hank_the_tank

Well, since i found the wrong critical region, the last part of that question went also wrong. So will i lose all the marks in that question, even for the actual significance and the comment on whether you should accept Ho? Also in the question we had to prove that a=2b and we were given that the mode = 1, i read that the mean was 1 but i did get the correct answer as the mean was equal to the mode. Do you think i will also loose marks in that question?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1278
Original post by Danllo
Hi, I think I got 61 or 62 out of 75. What UMS should I roughly expect to get alongside the grade boundaries ?

77-80
How mayn UMS would 65-67 marks out of 75 be? any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending