The Student Room Group

Daily mail calls out THE STUDENT ROOM!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I wasn't being sarky. :eviltongue: I did however neglect to mention my dyspraxia, which tends to result in hand shaking and poor coordination whenever anything particularly shocking (good or bad) happens. Like is happening right now, upon learning I'm in the Daily Mail. I can barely type.

*also hasn't been a student in 5 years*

I didn't know there was another dyspraxic on the team (if you ever feel like venting about it you know where I am :smile: ) The daily mail isn't worth your time getting stressed about, I remember them writing an article about dyspraxia once and I got annoyed when it made it sound like not being able to tie shoelaces was the only symptom.
Original post by 0to100
So where are the people like twinpeaks who made the thread? Hopefully too scared to show their face.

I think this is excellent news. Maybe then these certain tsrians can finally get a taste of the real world instead of dwelling in this cave mentality of collective thinking on ere. :u:

:itsme: I can't speak for twinpeaks, but I've been basking in my newfound fame since last night. Might just print and frame the article. :proud:

Considering they've wrongly assumed I'm still a student, and the hive-mind-esque negative comments on the article, however, I'll take the 'real world' part with a pinch of my own salty tears.

Original post by claireestelle
I didn't know there was another dyspraxic on the team (if you ever feel like venting about it you know where I am :smile: ) The daily mail isn't worth your time getting stressed about, I remember them writing an article about dyspraxia once and I got annoyed when it made it sound like not being able to tie shoelaces was the only symptom.

Cheers for the offer. :smile: Though as I've mentioned throughout the thread, I feel nothing but amusement and vague pride at having written something worthy of being quoted somewhere after all these years. :p: Also, the post has since gotten a second wave of rep as a result. :coma:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
:itsme: I can't speak for twinpeaks, but I've been basking in my newfound fame since last night. Might just print and frame the article. :proud:

Cheers for the offer. :smile: Though as I've mentioned throughout the thread, I feel nothing but amusement and vague pride at having written something worthy of being quoted somewhere after all these years. :p: Also, the post has since gotten a second wave of rep as a result. :coma:

Quoted in the daily mail would make an interesting achievement on your cv:tongue: I ve never ventured into a daily mail comments section but I d be replying telling them you know more about the world than they ever will.
I definitely back the mail, the scaremongering and self entitlement from a lot of the remain crowd on here was disgusting and embarrasing
Reply 84
Original post by Laomedeia
Thats the answer I is looking for. I will rep you if you ask me nicely enough. I would rep you anyway but rep isnt for everyone.

Give me rep or else... :fight:

FYI daily mail I'm not serious. Don't put me on your frontpage for being a virtual murderer!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tootles
No.

Pedantic creature
Original post by Captain Jack
No, they don't need permission. If they're going to critique TSR's comments maybe you lot should do the same! :lol:

:lol:
Reply 87
The comments on that article are hilarious. :laugh:
The bloody daily mail!!!!
Strong, weak everything.
You think the daily mail have put students on TSR in a bad light... You should read this: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/684590/Brexit-student-depression-young-people-protest-Remain-free-movement-immigration-Twitter
congrats to all you guys who got quoted in the daily mail - thats something you care boast about to your friends... or maybe not :smile:
I wonder if they sought permission from any of the TSRians whose posts they stole?
Original post by Tootles
I wonder if they sought permission from any of the TSRians whose posts they stole?

Nope. :nah:
Some nicknames from my school's politics society for the Daily Mail:

Daily Fail
Daily Hate Mail
Daily Moan
Daily Heil
The "Ban this Sick Filth" Rag
The best bog roll in the world

Incidentally, I'm not sure if it's the ink or the paper it's printed on, but it burns exceptionally well as kindling for a fire!
Original post by Desi123
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3666112/Students-claim-suffering-depression-Brexit.html

'I'm grieving for our loss of cultural enrichment': Students claim they will fail their exams because they are so DEPRESSED about Brexit

lol.. strong everything

The most upvoted comments are hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :toofunny:

@Twinpeaks

You have been mentioned in the Express, congratulations! (Or maybe not!)
Oh ffs. These papers are so crap. Wouldn't even wipe my behind with them. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest