The Student Room Group

Remain Camp Look in the Mirror!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by illegaltobepoor
I am afraid majority of remain voters are lower down the IQ ladder. Then when it came to the murder of Jo Cox it was stinking of duping delight and matched similar false flags from around the world.Sorry but I was brought up in a family of natural born liars. Half my family are Freemasons.Watch this video. Your going to see duping delight.I am a proffesional liar myself. As a Sociopath I don't show duping delight but emopaths show it 247.

[video="youtube;FqmCnLLLtcA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqmCnLLLtcA[/video]

lol that made me laugh a little
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
lol that made me laugh a little

I am afraid this sorta stuff can get you in serious trouble with the police though. This is what the media is now days. A statist propaganda tool.
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
stupid collectivisation of anyone who supported remain as left wing :rolleyes:

not to mention that is also an idiotic simplification of a massively complex issue.

I'm sorry I didn't realise you expected me, one of the peasants, to write you an essay justifying why I voted how I did so here's something I prepared earlier (I wrote it from the comfort of my hovel)

1. British voters were sold something completely different when they voted to join the EEC in 1975, which was initially a free trade area and not a supranational government-in-waiting as became clearer to some on the Conservative Right (Nigel Lawson, the 1922 Committee, Bruges Group, John Major's "Bastards") towards the end of the 1990's. So they were sold one thing and got another, and in fact were assured at the time that this wouldn't happen.

2. For many Brexiters it's fundamentally a question of sovereignty (an unpopular and esoteric subject to most people's ears) but the question they raise is this: Do the British still have the unquestionable right to decide who makes the laws they live under? The same question is raised in regards to courts, is the British supreme court the ultimate arbiter in criminal cases and disputes or is there a higher power, in this case the ECJ (European Court of Justice)? The answer is, obviously, that the very last word on such matters does come from the ECJ. The Remain camp relied on scaring people rather than presenting a positive and proud endorsement of EU policies because they know these policies are fundamentally unpopular with the majority of Britons.

3. Many Brexiters voted Leave because of what they felt was reckless and uncontrolled migration from within and without the EU. The truth or untruth of this statement aside, the very fact that the two main political parties in Great Britain have made a habit of brazenly ignoring their own supporters and calling them racist simpletons for decades has not endeared them to the electorate. I do not believe it was not a smart move to treat voters with such open contempt. If anything it is remarkable that they tolerated it for so long.

4. Brexiters saw (rightly in my opinion) that the EU was incapable of reform and Juncker, Schulz, Monti et al openly admitted as much for the simple fact that offering special treatment to one member was to invite special treatment for all 28 individual members, whether in respect to particular laws or changes in repayment times on rescue loans / bailouts from Germany. At this point the EU becomes less of a union and more of a relaxed club where people pick and choose what laws and conditions under which their membership exists. In essence this is not a union at all.

5. Decision paralysis in Brussels and Berlin. The EU has been seen to be suffering from paralysing indecision when it comes to basic questions that any embryonic state should reliably and competently be able to answer. They have not managed the refugee crisis in an calm, organised, or consistent manner. They have also not managed the Eurozone currency/economic crisis in a calm, organised or consistent manner. They have enforced punishing austerity on southern Europe, economic waterboarding, for the Greeks/Spanish/Portugese/Irish. Their debt to GDP ratios are sky high, 300%+ in some cases, which means they're unlikely to become prosperous and happy places again any time soon, and democratically elected governments that did not play ball or cooperate with Merkel or the IMF or the troika found themselves being punished or pushed out of government with mafia-style tactics in order to protect German banks from their disastrous lending decisions.

6. Britain has always been the most eurosceptic state, for better or worse, so it should perhaps not come as such a shock to the Remainers that this result happened. In the echo-chamber and back-patting of Twitter/Facebook it is very easy to get the misleading impression that everyone agrees with you and only minority are in disagreement, and that they, by definition, must be racist lunatics.

7. Campaign tactics. As I'm sure you will have heard, Jo Cox the popular pro Remain MP for Birstall was murdered in the days leading up to the referendum. It did not escape the notice of many people that as soon as the referendum was over she disappeared from the media, her usefulness to the Remain campaign expired. It came across as ghoulish to seize upon her death for ammunition to use against your political opponents, and moreover, many in the Remain camp directly blamed Brexiters for her death. A more toxic, alienating tactic to sway wavering, undecided voters is hard to think of than calling them xenophobic murderers.

8. The London Bubble. If one examined the constituency map post-referendum it was obvious that Scotland, London, and small parts of Wales were islands drowning amidst a sea of euroscepticism reaching across Anglia, into the Shires, the North of England and Labour heartlands. The London bubble in some ways reflects the Twitter bubble, a certain kind of person is drawn to a certain way of life or place where their outlook chimes with others and before you know it you are surrounded by people who agree with you and you only get one side of the story. London, some argue, also receives a disproportionate amount of trade and investment from the EU while leaching money away from the rest of England. True or not the perceived overwhelming dominance of London and the metropolitan elites and twitterati who reside in Islington and Camden is certainly something that played on some voters' minds.

9. In pure campaign terms the Remain vote was dominated by arguments that encouraged risk aversion and erred towards the status quo, and certainly some of the more hyperbolic claims such as punishment budgets and destruction of pensions by the chancellor of the exchequer George Osborne as well as the constant deferring to so-called experts (who themselves have proven themselves incapable of predicting virtually anything correctly over the years) made the voting public even more sceptical.

10. Finally: I think the choice of people the Remain camp chose to represent them to the public was poor. They relied on people who are extremely polarising and in some cases perfectly toxic, the electoral equivalent of insect repellent: Tony Blair, Eddie Izzard, Keith Vaz, Gordon Brown of "that bigoted woman" fame as well as myriad investment banks like Goldman Sachs (!!!). There was also a London-centric bias in the choice of representatives.

On a tangent I hasten to add that although "75% of young people" did indeed vote for Bremain, unfortunately only 36% of said young people could be bothered to switch off the xbox and get out of bed to go to the polling station, which somewhat pours cold water on the idea that it is strictly the young vs the old. See the YouGov voter age/turnout breakdown in the picture below.
7tJoUeV.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Typical remain voter: Early 20's, White, middle class, parents live in an overvalued house, pseudo-intellectual, generally insufferable personality.

I dislike such people more than down to Earth working class people who just get on with their lives.
Original post by Chris1479
snip

My original post was with regard to how annoying it is that all these twits think that Brexit was our 1776, when it clearly hasn't. You can spend 500 hours justifying why you voted leave, which is evidently the route you decided to take, but my POINT which you missed is simply that Brexit has not been, and never will be the glorious revolution you delusional people think it is.

Not only is this pathetic response not relevant to what I said, but its also a complete shambles in terms of its substance.

You can type as much as you want, but in substance, most of your paragraphs were unnecessary words added on which said nothing whatsoever - i'd have some respect for you if you had tried to type as quickly and effectively without wasting my brain on your stupid speculations.

1. It doesn't matter what 'British people were told' some decades ago, the new generations who have always lived under the European Union as a political entity voted majorly to remain, alongside many people who had overseen the transition. And if you can honestly trust politicians not to adapt to the political climate, then you're not helping yourself - politicians do not keep promises well.

2. This idea of 'sovreignty' was perhaps the stupidest thing of this ridiculous referendum. The Brexiters prized getting 'sovreignty' back, but it looks like the UK will split into two, maybe three within the next 2 years. They also prized 'democracy' - well we've just had a situation where the 51% have made the opinions of the 49% democratically ineffective, not to mention David Cameron NOT invoking article 50 - which is against the peoples' will and is undemocratic, then we have the House of Lords, Tory leadership, not elected by the people. Undemocratic is just a pathetic scare word. And then lawmaking? I do not see the materialistic gain of being able to make our own laws - the Tory government has repeatedly threatened to add stupid policies, and now they've finally got the leverage to do that. Also Nigel Farage - do you remember the time when he called for British gun control laws to be relaxed? Well if UKIP ever wins, then you morons have delivered him the leverage to do that.

3. Leaving the EU won't stop immigration. It can be made clear from a 2 minute research session that the Tories failed to control non-EU immigration, despite having 'total control' over it, and there's no reason for that to suddenly change with weaker leadership. Gove/Johnson are both pro-immigration.

4. The EU was capable of reform, not anymore now that we have jumped off the ship though. Political entities change over time regardless of what some people say.

5. Is this a joke? The refugee crisis was mitigated heavily by distributing refugees throughout countries. Otherwise it would have been a massively complex operation of sending thousands upon thousands of refugees back from Greece and Italy. And this rumour about 'Brussels being ineffective' is also pretty stupid, and what LOL 'mafia style tactics' stop making things up please.

6. So what?

7. Jo Cox's murder did not in any way galvanise pro-Brexit votes, your paragraph there is pure speculation. And its pretty stupid to say that campaign tactics swung the vote to Brexit when the leave campaign had worse tactics - i.e. using disgusting posters, constantly lying, and making obsessive use of short sentences instead of points - like saying "HUUU DUU TAKE BACK CONTROL" when in reality we've lost what little control we had anyway.

8. Really, you voted because of the "London Bubble"? Pathetic reasoning.

Okay I give up now, your last few points are not explaining why you voted leave, they're just some speculative responses to what you think my counterarguments would be.

And then you throw in this myth that 18-25 year olds are all on their xboxes. Lmao, seriously, you're a clueless individual.
Wow you sound unhinged, you sound like someone just slapped you in the face with a kipper and called you a nancyboy. Completely bonkers. You can't even spell sovereignty either. <-- Not sure if vpn dude is even old enough to vote. No wonder they call it the Loony Left, I've heard frothing diatribes from men wearing sandwich boards that are calmer and more civilised than this. Chill out, dude! Everything's going to be just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbIR51_J_qY

Attachment not found
His manner could be better. But it is truly depressing how fascistic and bigoted they are, what they claim to oppose. Severe case of projection. It's also depressing how utterly brainwashed they are into thinking that this globalist, neo-liberal, American backed attempt to homogenize Europe so it is easier controlled by Washington is seen as a progressive cause. Or even worse, they are shallow cynics who know that it is that and support it anyway. Even if we get Brexit through, these self-righteous, brainwashed authoritarians doing the bidding of establishment are everywhere. Where they are not full of zealotry and a complete lack of objectivity or reason, they are utterly self-satisfied, lazy minded and entitled.

I'm sandwiched between two generations, as a 35yrold at the end of X and beginning of the millennials- the cynics who benefit and have a manipulative stranglehold, and young people who are brainwashed, think they are progressive when in fact they are supporting the most oppressive, pro-Establishment thing imaginable. 'Old backward people' is such rot. If it was youngsters bemoaning the class system and they were republicans, against conservative older monarchists, I could at least get where they come from, though I may not agree. But actually this young generation of young people have been found to be very pro-monarchy, pro-tory, have more right wing views on benefits and the poor(despite more liberal ones on culture, homosexuality etc). In many ways for their age they are extremely politically conservative. What you are looking at is a new phenomenon, young people who fall into the young 'Tory remain' camp, they are all bought on the economics and the status quo and the big money interests and the poverty, so long as they get their Europe and their social liberalism. History may end up recording them as the most pro-establishment young generation ever, when you consider the global orthodoxy.

The impression is that we turn our backs on the world or Brexit is conservative(though in fact we are more open to links with the globe out of Europe), in fact remain are the conservatives supporting the global economic order, and Washington's wishes(and I think many are vulgar tranatlanticists, like our political class). As I say, they are all sold on the economics, so long as they get the cosmopolitanism and the social liberalism. Is why neoliberalism and globalism is such an immovable force, and so hard to break down. I am deeply suspicious of it though, so I voted leave. I know we haven't done a massive amount yet, but I am hoping it precipitates an end to the oppressive global order, and more power and democracy in the hands of European peoples, maybe other peoples.

Haven't these people wondered for one second why all the major financial institutions want this, why the Americans want this?
Haven't they considered how utterly hysterical they are in claiming that a democratic mandate for independence is 'fascist' or 'racist'. Would the Americans, or the Aussies, or Japan or China or India conduct their national debate on this woeful level? would they claim independence was racist or democracy fascist? No, probably because they have semblance of sense and patriotism left, and concern over national interests. I really think this is evidence of our tragic decline from past greatness, howe now exist as shills and a slave nation for Washington and the globalists. Just an iota of historical and global perspective and knowledge and looking past the propaganda would show people how ludicrous, hysterical and self-righteous they are being.

In a nutshell, hollow, brainwashed 'progressives' using fascist means to protest against 'fascist'(democrats) and doing the bidding of big finance and the globalist agenda, for world government and corporate dictatorship, and the people living in serfdom, so long as they get their cosmopolitanism, and social liberalism, and so long as the media is all well paid up and supporting the consensus with endless propaganda.
I am pleased leave won, but only to try and roll back against this, unfortunately we will need vast changes and seemingly there are depressing numbers of brainwashed, mad people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
His manner could be better. But it is truly depressing how fascistic and bigoted they are, what they claim to oppose. Severe case of projection. It's also depressing how utterly brainwashed they are into thinking that this globalist, neo-liberal, American backed attempt to homogenize Europe so it is easier controlled by Washington is seen as a progressive cause. Or even worse, they are shallow cynics who know that it is that and support it anyway. Even if we get Brexit through, these self-righteous, brainwashed authoritarians doing the bidding of establishment are everywhere. Where they are not full of zealotry and a complete lack of objectivity or reason, they are utterly self-satisfied, lazy minded and entitled.

I'm sandwiched between two generations, as a 35yrold at the end of X and beginning of the millennials- the cynics who benefit and have a manipulative stranglehold, and young people who are brainwashed, think they are progressive when in fact they are supporting the most oppressive, pro-Establishment thing imaginable. 'Old backward people' is such rot. If it was youngsters bemoaning the class system and they were republicans, against conservative older monarchists, I could at least get where they come from, though I may not agree. But actually this young generation of young people have been found to be very pro-monarchy, pro-tory, have more right wing views on benefits and the poor(despite more liberal ones on culture, homosexuality etc). In many ways for their age they are extremely politically conservative. What you are looking at is a new phenomenon, young people who fall into the young 'Tory remain' camp, they are all bought on the economics and the status quo and the big money interests and the poverty, so long as they get their Europe and their social liberalism. History may end up recording them as the most pro-establishment young generation ever, when you consider the global orthodoxy.

The impression is that we turn our backs on the world or Brexit is conservative(though in fact we are more open to links with the globe out of Europe), in fact remain are the conservatives supporting the global economic order, and Washington's wishes(and I think many are vulgar tranatlanticists, like our political class). As I say, they are all sold on the economics, so long as they get the cosmopolitanism and the social liberalism. Is why neoliberalism and globalism is such an immovable force, and so hard to break down. I am deeply suspicious of it though, so I voted leave. I know we haven't done a massive amount yet, but I am hoping it precipitates an end to the oppressive global order, and more power and democracy in the hands of European peoples, maybe other peoples.

Haven't these people wondered for one second why all the major financial institutions want this, why the Americans want this?
Haven't they considered how utterly hysterical they are in claiming that a democratic mandate for independence is 'fascist' or 'racist'. Would the Americans, or the Aussies, or Japan or China or India conduct their national debate on this woeful level? would they claim independence was racist or democracy fascist? No, probably because they have semblance of sense and patriotism left, and concern over national interests. I really think this is evidence of our tragic decline from past greatness, howe now exist as shills and a slave nation for Washington and the globalists. Just an iota of historical and global perspective and knowledge and looking past the propaganda would show people how ludicrous, hysterical and self-righteous they are being.

In a nutshell, hollow, brainwashed progressives using fascist means o protrst against 'fascist'(democrats) and doing the bidding of big finance the globalist agenda, for world government and corporate dictatorship, and the people living in serfdom, so long as they get their cosmopolitanism, and social liberalism, and so long as the media is all well paid up and supporting the consensus with endless propaganda.
I am pleased leave won, but only to try and roll back against this, unfortunately we will need vast changes and seemingly there are depressing numbers of brainwashed, mad people.

Wow nicely put I am surprised to read this here.
Reply 28
Original post by hovado
Wasn't that term coined by the Russians? You make Putin very happy man.

It is usually attributed to Lenin but that is said to be false as people can not find the phrase in his work
Reply 29
Brainwashed people what do they teach them in school? lol How do these people function in society they are so stupid even one of them said the EU pays for the NHS. I voted remain but some of these people are plain dumb, I bet most of them don't know what the EU stands for they've probably read the news from Twitter and some random z list celeb they follow
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending