The Student Room Group

Daily mail calls out THE STUDENT ROOM!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JohnGreek
Their readers tend to consist of uneducated working-class idiots with ultra-short attention spans.
You can't blame them for trying to suit the literary needs of their audience...

The readers/commenters on the website. The readers of the actual paper are middle class and intelligent.

Sorry I always feel the need to point that out.:smile:
Original post by iEthan
Oh ffs. These papers are so crap. Wouldn't even wipe my behind with them. :lol:

The comments are priceless :toofunny:
"COM [sic] ON ARE YOU KIDDING ME ???? ???!?!?!?" Blah blah blah *hyperbole* blah blah "taxpayers' money" blah blah blah

:toofunny:
Original post by iEthan
"COM [sic] ON ARE YOU KIDDING ME ???? ???!?!?!?" Blah blah blah *hyperbole* blah blah "taxpayers' money" blah blah blah

:toofunny:

They do have a point though, lmao at the one person who joked about triggering
Just annoys me so much. :lol: It's so stupid to pick on students of all people. Just seems low. :lol:
Original post by iEthan
Just annoys me so much. :lol: It's so stupid to pick on students of all people. Just seems low. :lol:

Could be worse, they could be picking on the elderly, the disabled, the ill. You know, people who are actually disadvantaged, unlike all those whiners on the thread quoted. They are the reason the older generation mock us
Of course they could be. I wasn't trying to offend you - just pointing out the stupidity of the article is all.
Original post by iEthan
Of course they could be. I wasn't trying to offend you - just pointing out the stupidity of the article is all.

I know you weren't but surely you must agree that some of the remain camp are acting like spoilt babies?
Original post by Laomedeia
So where is this thread? I done a search for it and the forum search thing crashed.

It's my thread :rofl:
The same could very much be said for some of those that voted leave! But I don't think pointing out the OTT opinions on either side helps because it increases the divide between people which makes me sad. I don't care who voted what… democracy prevailed. That's all there is to it. People can whinge if they like, it won't help either way. :yes: Cohesion shouldn't be defined by one's political opinions.
They've horribly misquoted me in that one.

Express
Another student wrote: “Took about an hour for my hands to stop shaking, and for my knees to return to some semblance of working order after I saw the result.

*img*

“And angry, with special little peaks of rage dedicated to the claptrap by degrees either ignorant, racist or both, that 'leavers' have peddled as their 'reasons'.“

That second part was not me.
Original post by iEthan
Oh ffs. These papers are so crap. Wouldn't even wipe my behind with them. :lol:

I'd be more concerned if they agreed with us to be honest!
Original post by AngryJellyfish

That's because they've copied the article from the Fail and haven't bothered to check their sources. They're too stupid to perform a Google search and would much rather misquote someone. :proud:

Seeing as they can't read the original article properly before plagiarising it… what makes them think they can write? :lol:
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Epic fail journalism :laugh:

Still, personally I'm laughing at all the comments bashing non-STEM subjects lmao
I like how they've left out my quote about the effect this will have on science and academia in our country considering a heavy amount of research comes from EU funding.

Everyone seems to brush that under the carpet for some reason!
Original post by JohnGreek
If they were "intelligent", they'd probably be off reading the Telegraph or something.

Daily Mail is easier to read on the Tube.

Plus it's more aimed at women than the Telegraph.

Edit plus of course many Mail readers will read a broadsheet online
(edited 7 years ago)
I think this quote on another forum is the worst culprit, though. Spelling my username with a capital F. :noway:

https://kiwifar.ms/threads/brexit-remainers-chimpout.21842/page-41#post-1552002
I saw that one and was so angry! I wonder if that person who commented knows how demanding English and Anthropology are as subjects at uni.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I saw that one and was so angry! I wonder if that person who commented knows how demanding English and Anthropology are as subjects at uni.

People are really shallow MSC. :frown: It's so difficult at uni for any subject… just because people don't choose a STEM subject, it doesn't make them unintelligent. :frown:
I hate how people do that for Arts subjects too i.e. MfL :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest