The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bloody eastern europeans coming over ere banging my wife
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Bloody eastern europeans coming over ere banging my wife

:confused:
:colonhash: :hide:

Bloody Luca does it better than you Betel.. he is tactful, he has the culture of love. He doesn't think he is spearing a pig when we get down unlike you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
Well in the EU that was a major issue, that they didn't need this paperwork to come here, to work, etc. However that meant obviously if you don't have to deal with the "burden" (I've heard employers/owners/landlords call the interviewing process a burden) of checking paperwork and all these procedures, then being able to circumvent or get around these formalities that you have to do with the citizen (because if you don't it'll be on record) would be more advantageous for the employer/owner/landlord. Don't you think so? And so why not take in someone who gives no fuss? This is where the myth of "having amazing work ethic" comes in.

People say it to sound democratic but don't realise or are completely aware actually that it's a cover up for so much as we both agree corruption. So no I can't agree and the less informed people will have a go at me for being this and that when I honestly just can't perpetuate this ********. And yes equality is great but I still believe in prioritisation. Human rights is one thing, like foreigners I have always said do not deserve to be treated horribly, and called these names. Check my post history, I have argued with @Zargabaath @MrsSheldonCooper and @TheOpinion (I hope that's how his name goes) for "being a cuck" as in confronting xenophobic attitudes towards foreigners.

However while they deserve to be treated like human beings and don't deserve these stigmas of being "rapist scum," I still believe each country not just ours has to prioritise ITS PEOPLE 1ST. Well yea it was nice discussing this with you, niv, you're very rational. :smile:

I'll speak on behalf of @Zargabaath and @The_Opinion for this one. Being against uncontrolled and unproductive immigration isn't xenophobic or racist. It's common sense.

Majority of Eastern Europeans I know are hard-working and great people who work in the NHS, in schools etc. The minority however, are so entitled it's unbelievable.
Original post by 0to100
Great. Never denied any of this about needing young people and children to continue the population? Not sure what this has to do with what I said about many people giving undocumented foreigners jobs and homes before a citizen because it's easier and cheaper to do so...I mean whilst needing young people is rather irrelevant of you to point out it can be true but then you're stating it like it's therefore the only truth. What I said is not anywhere near make believe either. However your 1st statement is completely false, no idea what hat you pulled that out of.

Single people with no dependents are often held at some kind of priority, never no priority. Maybe not as high as someone with dependents, of course. But this wild sweeping statement that they're of no priority is aggressively false. They get benefits all the time, depending on what they apply for obviously. If you're applying for child tax credits and single, you're obviously not in the same situation as a single person applying for EPA for themselves >_> And in that situation it's not even about priority, it's just their right to apply and get it as long as they're eligible. The migrant thing was totally irrelevant, mentioning that they don't have a right to claim benefits because they're not documented was just me trying to connect it back to the topic at hand after drogon kept trying to get attention saying people on benefits are lazy. I pointed out all the different types and eligibility of benefits and most requiring work experience to debunk his stupid biased claims. So I've little idea why you're capitalising off of that to mention the necessity of young people. It's got **** all to do with the main point which is that there's often corruption behind wanting foreigners in. You give me this fairytale about needing them because they're "young and hardworking." Weird. Not all foreigners are young or hardworking. A lot of times they make the women stay home. So there are loads of female foreigners who aren't hard working at all...because they're not working at all. And I'm on about migrants not immigrants so how does someone who plans to leave in a few months maybe having a kid benefiting us...? >_>

I like reading your crude working class reality posts.
Original post by InvestmentBankin
I like reading your crude working class reality posts.

Try adding something to the discussion instead of being a fanboy tryna wind me up on the internet.
Reply 86
Gosh. This thread seems largely to be about a different question ,something more to do with why the British don't seem to want to work or something.
I don't think it's true that there is any serious hatred of (most) Eastern Europeans going on at all.
If anyone disagrees then I'd like to know how many people have to hate Eastern Europeans before it can be said that they are hated?

Obviously every single nationality in this country is hated by some people. I would imagine there are at least 500,000 people in this country who aren't exactly in love with the English. But we don't say why are the English so disliked.

I personally love Polish people. I think it's wonderful that so many came here and I think that this country will certainly be a better place for their presence.

There have been several good answers on this thread I think and I think they show there is probably no simple or single answer.

People who hate are individuals. And as such their reasons for hating will to some extent be to do with their own experiences ,their level of intelligence,their level of happiness,and their financial circumstances.And they perhaps tend to pick easily identifiable targets.

We may as well ask why humans do bad things.

But if I had to give one reason I would go with because immigrants inevitably show up the indigenous population.They make them see their own shortcomings. (I believe someone else said this here.)

And showing people up is one of the better ways of making them dislike you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 87
Because a significant portion of the British public is completely illogical and views anyone born on a different clump of rock as "the Other" and therefore as less worthy.

It's xenophobia, the end. Whether it's a Muslim or an Eastern European or a Sikh, the attitudes behind hatred of immigrants remains constant.
Reply 88
Original post by PrincessBO$$
cause eastern european women look like this :lol:

God damn some Eastern European women are so hot.

Original post by 0to100
@KingBradly Did someone hack your account? One day you're ranting about remainers and the next you're delicately correlating nationalism to Brexit?

Now I've not really seen many of your posts tbh to say if you're being inconsistent about particular dislike for EU migrants with this thread but it still is strange, like you're surrendering to TSRian remainers or something :erm:

Anyway to answer your question you angelizing Romanians, Poles etc is a bit ridiculous. There are despicable people in all ethnic groups, come on. So this "Romanians are such amazing wonderful people" sounds a bit utopic if not downright dishonest. But maybe you've been getting a lotta heat for your very recent rant and you can't handle it so you wanna be a sudden diplomat with this thread :rofl:

Also, since you're asking about why people hate others, you're asking them to explain their opinion which means anecdotes are necessary here:

anecdotally, I've not met very respectful or decent Romanians; my Polish neighbours who have since been ostracized were more cordial and neighbourly and invited us to bbqs and stuff over the months since they came. Sometimes we declined, sometimes we waved at em and nibbled on some snacks they brought whatever. But the Romanians?! :nah:
They nest like roaches, 10 of em piled in one flat.
They're loud, at all hours,
they go through rubbish,
their kids swear aggressively at random people and pick on other kids so the parents constantly have to confront them, but the mother keeps flailing her arms and shrieking in her language at people, and the father laughs fondly.
The police and council have to keep coming over which is annoying because either they're ringing em up Idk or the police are being called on them, constant. So they disturb the peace sometimes >_>
They don't say hi back,
they leave messes,
they're very unreasonable at least the last few families I've endured recently.

And they take jobs and homes Idc if it's a meme or not, it's true. But everyone needs jobs and homes. The issue there are the dodgy landlords and employers :dry:

When there isn't trouble there's no trouble obviously. But there's constantly trouble. I'm not sure about all this honourable work ethic though; I've never worked with a Romanian. I'm sure there's lazy Romanians :colonhash: but they CAME HERE TO work so of COURSE they're gonna have "work ethic." I have gone to school with them and whatever they were like other kids just a bit more difficult to discipline sometimes because of language barrier. So I think they get frustrated and just lash out or swear. That never bothered me though but it does debunk these claims that they're angels.

That being said not much of this is necessarily worthy of hatred, but arguments and altercations sure, they're human, and those things happen, deal with it. If I yelled at another Brit you wouldnt say, "where's the hatred for Brits coming from" would you. It's just people having a disagreement...

I would like to be linked to all these stories to corroborate that EU hatred has risen though. That would be good to read over dinner. :h:

Maybe my views are a little less predictable than yours. My views on Brexit have little to do with the fact that I can acknowledge the fairly obvious fact that young leave voters have behaved utterly atrociously. Even most reasonable remain voters can see that. I also think your statements about Romanians are nothing like my own experiences of them. The only demographics I really have a problem with are authoritarian regressive leftists, traditionalist conservatives, and authoritarian religious people (of which hardline Muslims are easily the worst, and there should be efforts to stop them entering the country).
Reply 89
Original post by viddy9
Because a significant portion of the British public is completely illogical and views anyone born on a different clump of rock as "the Other" and therefore as less worthy.

It's xenophobia, the end. Whether it's a Muslim or an Eastern European or a Sikh, the attitudes behind hatred of immigrants remains constant.

I think there is a difference between hating someone simply because they are from somewhere else, and having specific reasons for disliking another culture. The first is pure xenophobia, and completely unreasonable, and the second you can call xenophobia, but doing so does nothing to refute the reasons given for criticizing the culture in question. For example, I can think of many specific reasons for disliking certain elements of the more conservative Islamic cultures. I can't think of any reasons for harbouring any urgent spite towards Romanian culture, other than actual pure xenophobia, where one dislikes a culture simply because it is different to one's own, rather than because of considered, particular reasons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrincessBO$$
cause eastern european women look like this :lol:

What a beauty! I could just sit and watch her support Poland all day :cool:
Original post by 0to100
Great. Never denied any of this about needing young people and children to continue the population? Not sure what this has to do with what I said about many people giving undocumented foreigners jobs and homes before a citizen because it's easier and cheaper to do so...I mean whilst needing young people is rather irrelevant of you to point out it can be true but then you're stating it like it's therefore the only truth. What I said is not anywhere near make believe either. However your 1st statement is completely false, no idea what hat you pulled that out of.

Single people with no dependents are often held at some kind of priority, never no priority. Maybe not as high as someone with dependents, of course. But this wild sweeping statement that they're of no priority is aggressively false. They get benefits all the time, depending on what they apply for obviously. If you're applying for child tax credits and single, you're obviously not in the same situation as a single person applying for EPA for themselves >_> And in that situation it's not even about priority, it's just their right to apply and get it as long as they're eligible. The migrant thing was totally irrelevant, mentioning that they don't have a right to claim benefits because they're not documented was just me trying to connect it back to the topic at hand after drogon kept trying to get attention saying people on benefits are lazy. I pointed out all the different types and eligibility of benefits and most requiring work experience to debunk his stupid biased claims. So I've little idea why you're capitalising off of that to mention the necessity of young people. It's got **** all to do with the main point which is that there's often corruption behind wanting foreigners in. You give me this fairytale about needing them because they're "young and hardworking." Weird. Not all foreigners are young or hardworking. A lot of times they make the women stay home. So there are loads of female foreigners who aren't hard working at all...because they're not working at all. And I'm on about migrants not immigrants so how does someone who plans to leave in a few months maybe having a kid benefiting us...? >_>

Priority means - they must be attended to before others. So people with children or vulnerable people, must be attended to before other people. Of course were Councils to have enough houses then everyone would be satisfied. The policy of Mrs Thatcher in selling off Council Houses and not letting Councils use the money to build inevitably lead to a shortage. Many Governments have refused to invest in Council Housing. Council housing is important because rents are cheaper than rents in the Private sector.

I'm not clear what you are suggesting about immigrants having preference . Do you think Council Housing employees are being bribed to give them a house? Do you imagine employers give them jobs because they are foreign?

It tends to be younger people who can bear the hardships of long travel and have the ability to just pack up and go, but not exclusively of course. However most immigrants are younger than the population as a whole.

The way to avoid them having a downwards pressure on wages is to enforce the rate for the job - this is what Trade Unions are for. We can't just refuse to have immigrants because we need their earnings, taxes, efforts in agriculture, the NHS etc. Even migrants buy food, create wealth by the jobs they do, contribute to our general welfare. ( Particularly in agriculture.) Many immigrant women have traditionally worked in factories, shops etc. Even staying at home, bringing up children is work - vital work too.

We need to pressurise Government to invest in housing, invest for jobs, insist that rents are governed by a rent tribunal so they are at a level people can afford. lined to earnings perhaps.
Reply 92
Original post by Iceman3000
When i was a child growing up england was a nice place post 2003 my workplace is 97% polish romanian and russian no one even speaks english they hate us equally ive even been spat at for being english in england ..... i think of eastern europeans as the rats of the uk absolute vermin

Don't bump old threads, especially just so spew your bile.

Latest

Trending

Trending