The Student Room Group

Your back up plan?

Scroll to see replies

I only want to go to one university and for that I need A*A*A. If I don't achieve that (it's very likely that I won't meet it), I'm thinking of entertaining at a seedy club somewhere.
Original post by goam
ahh good I was about to panic; my exams went so bad that I'm too scared to throw away any notes/books :redface:

Same all mine are in the loft just in case! :h: I'm sure they didn't go as bad as you would have yourself believe although I too have convinced myself of imminent failure 😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by 1998RF
Same all mine are in the loft just in case! :h: I'm sure they didn't go as bad as you would have yourself believe although I too have convinced myself of imminent failure 😄

ahaha I really hope you're right n we are just being irrational :dontknow: Good luck.. I hope you'll get the satisfaction of burning all the notes on results day :biggrin:
Original post by Han-
Whilst waiting for that dreaded date in August, I guess its time to start thinking what plan B is, if everything doesn't quite turn out as envisaged.

I hope I'm not alone in thinking that after those exams I'll likely be spending the rest of my life flipping burgers in some seedy motorway cafe (thanks OCR religious studies and Edexcel geography), rather than going to uni!

Just wondering if anybody has started thinking what their options are if things don't go to plan, and what that entails. I'm sure they'll be some self-assured know-it-alls rolling their eyes at the thought of not getting in, but I'm definitely not that confident, and hoping there are others feeling the same out there too!!

If I fail finals at medschool.... I'll do the resit. Fail that. I'll take the BSc awarded and put it on a bonfire with the notes from the previous 6 years. Then I'll go sleep and cry and probably use my intercalated degree to go work in a lab in some far away country that is warm enough to let me play tennis all year round :smile:
Original post by Serine Soul
I only want to go to one university and for that I need A*A*A. If I don't achieve that (it's very likely that I won't meet it), I'm thinking of entertaining at a seedy club somewhere.

What the hell kind of uni and course wants those grades?!
Original post by emiloujess
What the hell kind of uni and course wants those grades?!

The one at the very top :redface:
The one at the very top :redface:

There are several unis that could be said to be at the top... 😂 Cambridge? What course? :smile:
There are several unis that could be said to be at the top... 😂 Cambridge? What course? :smile:

I have an A*A*A offer from Oxford for chemistry.
Original post by lawlieto
I have an A*A*A offer from Oxford for chemistry.

That's insane 😂 Best of luck! 🍀

Natural Sciences at Cambridge :smile:
Ill chill at home & will resit 3 exams externally which will pull 3 grades up i think😂
Reply 31
i'm trying to accept the fact that i'll actually be going to my insurance choice by looking into private accommodation (no guarantee for a room in halls for insurances), researching the uni, checking the online tours, reading student reviews... basically treating it like my firm. i'm so sad.
Natural Sciences at Cambridge :smile:

Well best of luck! 😊🍀

Original post by Arima
i'm trying to accept the fact that i'll actually be going to my insurance choice by looking into private accommodation (no guarantee for a room in halls for insurances), researching the uni, checking the online tours, reading student reviews... basically treating it like my firm. i'm so sad.

Same 😢 I've been trying to convince myself that I'd be okay with my insurance...
My back up plan is an apprenticeship offer i currently hold with the BBC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34

Same 😢 I've been trying to convince myself that I'd be okay with my insurance...

trying... but failing :cry2:
Original post by Arima
trying... but failing :cry2:

Yep same here 😢 I like the university but I don't like the course nearly as much... I really hope we both get our firms!
Original post by WaywardWriter
My back up plan is an apprenticeship offer i currently hold with the BBC

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did u get it and what are you doing at uni btw?
cry failing that i'll start writing my own autobiography/become a rapper
I've got firm and insurance offers held to do MH Nursing in september with CC offers at A-level but due to mitigating circumstances both last year with AS and this year with A2 this isn't going to happen at all. Had 2 surgeries last year, 1 this year and a teacher who refused to give me all the specification material when being off ill be lucky to get DD overall :/

Plan B:
- applied for a wide variety of part time jobs that are suitable with my health problems
- BUT got an interview next week for a trainee assistant at a local chemist and I get an MVQ in dispensing so when applying for next year, that'll give me a boost
- and resit probably all my A2 exams again and a few AS ones

Sociology: AS last year- D overall (DD in exams, 15 ums off C) resit this year- probably BC (hoping)
A2- this year probably got BD (unit 4 went dreadful, this was the unit my teacher didn't give me all the material for)

ICT: AS last year- D overall (B- coursework, E- exam) resit this year- B in exam I strongly belive, so A overall as that hold 60% of grade
A2- A in coursework (full marks) probably an E in exam...so overall E overall..

:frown:(

Oh well just resit and do better next time..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrawlx101
how did u get it and what are you doing at uni btw?

They have applications for apprenticeships every summer. So applied and i was lucky to get it. I'm doing english lit at uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest