The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Switching to Psychology Placement?

Hi,
Soo I ve got my exam results and it seems like I am going to Bath this September :smile:
However, I applied for the 3 year Psych course because I thought I had a bigger chance of getting in but now that I am in I reeeally want to do the placement year.

So my question is that is it possible to switch to the 4-year course with placement if I applied for the 3 year one? Should I email the uni about it or should I wait till I am there?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by claup
Hi,
Soo I ve got my exam results and it seems like I am going to Bath this September :smile:
However, I applied for the 3 year Psych course because I thought I had a bigger chance of getting in but now that I am in I reeeally want to do the placement year.

So my question is that is it possible to switch to the 4-year course with placement if I applied for the 3 year one? Should I email the uni about it or should I wait till I am there?

Thanks in advance.

No harm in contacting them now, but I'm not particularly convinced that they'll let you, as I've heard that the placement course is very, very competitive. I'll quote the UoB rep for you :h: or you can email admissions, or maybe the department itself (not sure on that one).

University of Bath
x
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Very easy to switch to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claup
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Congratulations on your results!

I am afraid that In the past we have been unable to switch applicants from the non-placement to the placement course do to the fact that the placement course is often particularly oversubscribed. However, if this is something you wish to explore then you should get in touch sooner rather than later.

I would recommend that you email [email protected] to confirm whether this is possible.

Good luck.

Steve
Reply 4
Original post by spyrogyra
Very easy to switch to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? How do you know that if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by claup
Really? How do you know that if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Well I switched to placement (for economics) in the first week of being at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply