The Student Room Group

A* students, how many hours do you study per day?

Just in curiosity, how many hours do you study per day? How much do you think is the best to get A*?
Reply 1
Original post by orange lee
Just in curiosity, how many hours do you study per day? How much do you think is the best to get A*?

There isn't any magic formula I'm afirad ; it's just a case of how much time you personally need to cover all the content and master exam technique before the exams. During A2 I was doing maybe 7 hours a day but that's very extreme ! - i don't have my results yet so can't tell you how to get an A* as I'm unlikely to get one but the more hours you work the more likely it is that you will get such grades.

I think what is most important is to spend the same time on each subject as it's easy to find your favourite subject and end up not doing enough for another - I didn't have a revision timetable but I think this could be a good method if you're really after those A*'s.

I'm sure you can do it !!
Reply 2
Tf at you saying u did 7 hours a day and im like -well done me, u studied for 30 minutes- :/

Waits for all the 24/7 revisers to swarm in...
If you're a very fast learner, I'd say 30-50 hours for a module (ie teach yourself Statistics 2 in under a week) would achieve an A. If you're a fairly average learner, then 100-150 hours for a module is a reasonable estimate. A*s are probably an added 40-60% time investment, as well as exam technique mastery and avoiding cumulative small mistakes that most people make.

I love this question because I also wondered it as a kid. in case anyone looks this up, in term time I did the basic homework but that's all. in study leave I did around 8- 12 hours memorising decent study manuals over the course of a month and looking at questions being sure I could answer it

Quick Reply

Latest