The Student Room Group

Daily mail calls out THE STUDENT ROOM!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrDystopia
Fill in the blank and there you have the Daily Mail in all it's top notch journalism glory. Across most of their stories I might add, not just this :tongue:

True that. :yep:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Photography and Media studies is worse :colone:

Aww lawdz, why even bother? :laugh:
Original post by Twinpeaks
Actually sociology is quite a good degree for careers in social research/ data analysis. Quite good prospects actually.

Where did you get that from?
People on DM are bitter as hell

Paul, Once United Kingdom, United Kingdom, 23 hours agoThese selfish, spoilt, no nothing morons actually make me want to vomit!! 569 DISAGREE
8422 AGREE
(edited 7 years ago)
Umm? I'm a recent psychology graduate and am persuing a career in social research. I've just applied to jobs across the civil service sector including the National Office of Statistics and the IPCC, and the roles of social researcher/ data analysist all ask for a degree in disciplines such as sociology, psychology etc.

How can you say "where did you hear that from?"? It's almost as if you don't realise that sociology is a social research discipline.
Original post by somemightsay888
Lmao, comments never cease to amaze me, you can tell everyone on there is a middle aged dead end jobbed loser who've had their time and blown it :rofl:

"Maybe all us oldies should take to the supermarket aisles and lie down on the floor having a tantrum, just like in the advert where the child who couldn't have what it wanted did and Mummy did the same. Perhaps these students, who fail their exams, could then get a job re-stacking the shelves. After all, that's all they will be good for as the won't have any qualifications and they will be so "depressed". The real world, the one where people have to work for what they want, will then become apparent to them. The world where you have to get up in a morning and be at work on time. The world where there are no grants to pay for the Glastonbury trips or the late night parties. The world that we oldies had to live, work and die for so that these "I'm entitled to it" spoiled little juveniles could have a free and DEMOCRATIC vote. Time to grow up kids."

Someone is angry...:redface:
The metro Facebook page have got it now which is shocking for them as I thought they sucked up to students and leftists. Loving the comments
Screw the Daily Mail
Nothing they say is factually correct anyway.
Its full of pointless meddling twaddle!
Interestingly enough, during A level Philosophy yesterday our teacher told us that people telling you to just, 'drop it and move on' had lives dictated by others. She said that it is impossible to just move on, because it is an issue that will be pivotal in the country going forward and by people saying to, 'drop it and move on' they are subtly suggesting that you shouldn't live life fully (by questioning the decisions of society).
Umm? I'm a recent psychology graduate and am persuing a career in social research. I've just applied to jobs across the civil service sector including the National Office of Statistics and the IPCC, and the roles of social researcher/ data analysist all ask for a degree in disciplines such as sociology, psychology etc.

How can you say "where did you hear that from?"? It's almost as if you don't realise that sociology is a social research discipline.

*Pursuing

If social sciences was as scientific as you claim to to be you would realise that one is not a good sample size to make a claim on :tongue:
One what? You are such an idiot.

I'm telling you what sociology objectively is? Don't be so ignorant. And I never claimed it was "scientific". That is another debate.

Perhaps little girl, you should do some research into a research discipline before screeching your opinion.
(edited 7 years ago)
A sample size of one is good if the social group you are researching only has one person. :wink:

In other news, has anyone read the comments? They make me want to cry lol.

Original post by SoggyCabbages

I just find it quite amusing to be honest :rofl:
Original post by SoggyCabbages
A sample size of one is good if the social group you are researching only has one person. :wink:

Yeah it is a bit disturbing when the tears of laughter stop :tongue:

I feel like people in our country have this complete disregard for students and our voices are neve taken seriously on the basis of our student status. But they are also ignoring the fact that 100 of our university leaders have clearly voiced concerns for the effect this will have on the science we conduct as a country alongside the effect on students.

And I just don't see people addressing this. People like claim to love STEM subjects but by voting for leave they don't seem to have realised the effect this will have on STEM research. Our economy is going to be fragile enough over the next years, who actually believes that our next government will invest the millions into research that the EU provided?
Original post by Alexion
I just find it quite amusing to be honest :rofl:

You should be concerned though because according to @moggis the Daily Mail represents the middle class, intelligent population of our country :awesome:
(edited 7 years ago)
One what? You are such an idiot.

I'm telling you what sociology objectively is? Don't be so ignorant. And I never claimed it was "scientific". That is another debate.

Perhaps little girl, you should do some research into a research discipline before screeching your opinion.

*On

Calling someone an idiot doesn't work when you can't even spell correctly

''Little girl'' :laugh:

I'm willing to bet a lot of money I'm older, taller and stronger than you, internet tough girl
(edited 7 years ago)
No sweetheart, I actually intended to say "one", as I was referring to your "one sample size" statement. How embarrassing.

You're doing your A-levels sweetheart. So reconsider. Unless you are repeating your A-levels for the sixth year running?

I really think you should reconsider the values of Christianity. What is it that Jesus teaches us?

I understand you have BPD, but that is no excuse for being a rude, arrogant little girl. Wise up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plagioclase
This is hilarious, have they literally got nothing better to do?

You mean anything better than coming up with a story that they know will get students talking about it and thus getting 1000s more people to visit their site that's full of advertising?

No.

Quick Reply

Latest