The Student Room Group

Do you keep your Pass Certificate?

I have a photocard provisional licence. If I pass, do I give this to my instructor who then sends it off with the certificate? If not, once I get my full licence in the post is there any reason to keep the certificate? (is it a legal document)
Reply 1
This depends whether your address on the licence is still current.

If the address is correct and hasn't changed, you will be asked if you want the full licence sent to you automatically. If you say yes, the examiner will keep your green licence and your pass certificate will be retained by you. You can keep it, frame it, eat your dinner off it, make pretty origami out of it, whatever you want! Your pink licence will arrive in the post within a couple of weeks.

If you say no, and prefer to send your licence away for exchange to a pink one, then you must send your green licence and your pass certificate (duly signed and dated by you) to DVLA for this to happen. If you have recently changed address to one that does not match what's on your licence, then this is the only option open to you.

Do not give anything to your driving instructor except your undying gratitude!
Original post by Advisor
This depends whether your address on the licence is still current.

If the address is correct and hasn't changed, you will be asked if you want the full licence sent to you automatically. If you say yes, the examiner will keep your green licence and your pass certificate will be retained by you. You can keep it, frame it, eat your dinner off it, make pretty origami out of it, whatever you want! Your pink licence will arrive in the post within a couple of weeks.

If you say no, and prefer to send your licence away for exchange to a pink one, then you must send your green licence and your pass certificate (duly signed and dated by you) to DVLA for this to happen. If you have recently changed address to one that does not match what's on your licence, then this is the only option open to you.

Do not give anything to your driving instructor except your undying gratitude!

Haha, love it! One point of clarification to my colleague's answer. If you opt for (or are forced to opt for) the latter you must do it within two years. If you don't, through forgetfulness, ignorance, origami practice or anything else you will have to retake your tests (theory and practical)!
Reply 3
I just sent of my pass certificate and my provisional license, as asked to do so by the DVLA, I am reading online that there was a form I had to fill out, im stressed that I have just done it wrong. can someone help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending