The Student Room Group

Talking to girls on the street?

So obviously if you know a girl it's easy to just say "hey how are you" if you're walking down the street together. But today this girl I'd never seen before walks past me, absolutely stunning, like 9.5/10. She was on the phone though so I never even considered saying anything. But if they're not distracted do you speak to girls on the street? Or is it just weird? Any tips either way. I've never seen anyone do it first hand but imagine it's acceptable.

Scroll to see replies

Saw this weirdo who looked like he hadn't washed in 2 weeks do it once to every girl who walked past him, if that helps.*
You could try. You'll probably be accused of rape though.
No in all seriousness you should be able to try and strike up a conversation with anyone, I mean people are allowed to talk to each other right?
Original post by Anonymous
So obviously if you know a girl it's easy to just say "hey how are you" if you're walking down the street together. But today this girl I'd never seen before walks past me, absolutely stunning, like 9.5/10. She was on the phone though so I never even considered saying anything. But if they're not distracted do you speak to girls on the street? Or is it just weird? Any tips either way. I've never seen anyone do it first hand but imagine it's acceptable.

9.5/10 :headfire::eek:
How the hell does someone have to look like to be such close to 10

i would suggest u dont talk to her, if u dont know her, as they may become confused as to why u would talk to them, considering u dont know her and she may have a bf so :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Its inappropriate in a number of ways. She going about her business, it's not a dating / flirting context, you've no idea if she finds you attractive. Add to this that 9.5/10 girls will not waiting for random guys to try to chat them up in the street.
I find it creepy.
Original post by Tiger Rag
I find it creepy.

What's wrong with making friends and talking to people, it's the one thing I find weird about Britain, talking to random people in public is considered weird. Elsewhere, it's normal and that's great.
Reply 8

What did it make her to look 9.5/10? :smile:
If you wanna do that and be successful at it you have to be a winner and always be closing (ABC). If you wanna approach woman she has to know you're a winner and she'll be benefiting evolutionary alongside you. Women generally have good intuition (hence why they can be judgemental) so they'll label you quickly, but you also have to close the deal.
Nothing wrong with it just not as culturally acceptable here compared to other western nations.

Cold approaching originated in london btw.
Original post by balanced
What's wrong with making friends and talking to people, it's the one thing I find weird about Britain, talking to random people in public is considered weird. Elsewhere, it's normal and that's great.

I've had someone do it to me and it was quite obvious what he was after. And yes, it was creepy.
I actually wish Britain wasn't so cold (Not weather wise though, I love british weather :h:), I wish we could just strike up conversations with anyone and everyone and it was considered normal, imagine how many people would feel less lonely and isolated?
A lot of girls including me would probably find it slightly intimidating, but that could be because of shyness.
It would be great if more people were open to speaking to others; sadly I live in London and it's rare to be approached by a stranger on the streets because it's "abnormal"
It really depends on your approach. If you say something like: "Hi, I'm Thomas" pay them a compliment based on something you like about them (not how attractive they are) and ask them whether they fancy getting a tea or coffee at some point this week.

The reason I said pay them a compliment is because it's a postive statement and a nice opener ir you use it correctly. Good things to compliment them on could be something they have clearly made an effort with, like if you notice that they have put together a really nice outfit that is something that obviously took a long time. If they have something like an instrument or portfolio with them you could mention that you noticed their portfolio and clearly they are a creative person which you think is cool so blah blah blah.

If you say something like "Hi, I'm Thomas, you're really pretty so I was wondering if..." that can come across a little odd to a lot of people as that implies you spoke to them 100% because of their looks, not because you thought they had a really cool look or found something interesting about them.

Won't work for all but might be much more effective than what it would be like if you were to come across as a creep who went out of his way to talk to a random girl on the street because her boobs looked good in that shirt...
I don't mind it at all, hardly find it awkward or weird even If the convo he strikes up is "weird" like yesterday it was " ah the weather is nice today", like sure who actually wants to talk about the weather. Girls really need to stop being so stushy you maybe missing out on cool people. Unless he's being rude and disrespectful.
Original post by geolowiser
It really depends on your approach. If you say something like: "Hi, I'm Thomas" pay them a compliment based on something you like about them (not how attractive they are) and ask them whether they fancy getting a tea or coffee at some point this week.

The reason I said pay them a compliment is because it's a postive statement and a nice opener ir you use it correctly. Good things to compliment them on could be something they have clearly made an effort with, like if you notice that they have put together a really nice outfit that is something that obviously took a long time. If they have something like an instrument or portfolio with them you could mention that you noticed their portfolio and clearly they are a creative person which you think is cool so blah blah blah.

If you say something like "Hi, I'm Thomas, you're really pretty so I was wondering if..." that can come across a little odd to a lot of people as that implies you spoke to them 100% because of their looks, not because you thought they had a really cool look or found something interesting about them.

Won't work for all but might be much more effective than what it would be like if you were to come across as a creep who went out of his way to talk to a random girl on the street because her boobs looked good in that shirt...

Love this idea, this is what I plan to do with every girl I like, didn't think it would just work on anyone.

Mixed responses, overall. I do agree that just getting chatting to people is something we should do more. I'm a bit shy but if someone sits next to me on the bus I try and strike up a conversation cause there's loads of interesting people out there so why not. And to all those asking about a 9.5/10, I know a girl who's my perfect type so she is the benchmark I compare every girl to, just my opinion though lmao.I wouldn't go about it really creepily though but that's not really for me to judge, I'll see I'll see. Any more ideas are definitely welcome.
It depends on how attractive you are. If you're 8/10 or above then girls will be interested in starting a conversation. But if you're just average or below then the girl has no reason to be interested in a guy she doesn't know,she certainly already knows lots of average guys. Be honest with yourself and on your looks.
I also feel like if you can't talk to girls on the street where can you when you're under 18? She was from my college I believe, but I don't like the girls I'm in lessons with cause most just annoy me.
As someone who has been approached by men in the street on various occassions, I highly recommend that unless you have some sort of awesome charisma, you do not do this. It is creepy, inappropriate and borderline stalkerish if you then proceed to harass and follow the girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending