The Student Room Group

Has anyone successfully transferred from from the open university to brick

I am trying to go on to my second year full time after doing 120 credits with the OU. But i am having trouble because I have done two modules. w102 and w202 both 60 credits., which is stated on my academic record.

The problem is rather than saying what I have studied it just says 'W102: an introduction to law - Pass' Rather than the list of topics covered, which is making it hard for universities to compare the similaires between courses.

Has anyone else had this problem or managed to transfer?
Reply 1
Original post by jasonf90
I am trying to go on to my second year full time after doing 120 credits with the OU. But i am having trouble because I have done two modules. w102 and w202 both 60 credits., which is stated on my academic record.

The problem is rather than saying what I have studied it just says 'W102: an introduction to law - Pass' Rather than the list of topics covered, which is making it hard for universities to compare the similaires between courses.

Why not just provide the universities with a detailed description of the topics?

Tagging @Snufkin for more intelligent thoughts.
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Why not just provide the universities with a detailed description of the topics?

Tagging @Snufkin for more intelligent thoughts.

Thank you for the response.

I have sent them a list of the units covered but they sent me this email

'Unfortunately what you have provided us isn’t sufficient to map your current course against our own. We do need to see an official transcript from the University that list the Units you have taken (how many credits each unit was) and whether you have passed or failed. Without this information the tutor can not map your course against our own.'
Reply 3
Thank you for the response.

I have sent them a list of the units covered but they sent me this email

'Unfortunately what you have provided us isn’t sufficient to map your current course against our own. We do need to see an official transcript from the University that list the Units you have taken (how many credits each unit was) and whether you have passed or failed. Without this information the tutor can not map your course against our own.'

So does your transcript include your marks for each module?

For example, I was just looking at W102 and it mentions 5 TMAs plus an exam - does your transcript include that info and the marks for each?
Reply 4
says.png
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
Probably the wrong attachment :smile:

Sorrry I chnaged it lol
Reply 6
Sorrry I chnaged it lol

Yeah - I honestly dunno... maybe ask in the OU forum.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=206

(Those Simpsons Fan Club people. Bastards.)
Reply 7
Original post by jneill
Yeah - I honestly dunno... maybe ask in the OU forum.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=206

(Those Simpsons Fan Club people. Bastards.)

You wouldn't believe the politics involved in the uksimpons groups
Reply 8
You wouldn't believe the politics involved in the uksimpons groups

LOL :smile:
Thanks for the tag, jneill!

HI!

Go to the OU Student home, on the left hand side of the homepage you should see a button that says 'Study record', from there you should be able to download a results letter for each module you've done/are doing. You should also be able to download your Student Academic Summary.

The university you're applying to will have to do a little research if they want to know exactly what each module covers, I don't see how you can supply that information for them. If they do ask for more information then I suggest you direct them to your OU module tutors, they are in a much better position to answer the university's questions.

Results letter:

Student Academic Summary:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Snufkin
Thanks for the tag, jneill!

HI!

Go to the OU Student home, on the left hand side of the homepage you should see a button that says 'Study record', from there you should be able to download a results letter for each module you've done/are doing. You should also be able to download your Student Academic Summary.

The university you're applying to will have to do a little research if they want to know exactly what each module covers, I don't see how you can supply that information for them. If they do ask for more information then I suggest you direct them to your OU module tutors, they are in a much better position to answer the university's questions.

Results letter:

Student Academic Summary:

If it's like when I did it the other way around (brick credit transfer to OU), syllabus info for the modules was needed I did at my brick uni years ago. So maybe could supply the uni with the module details fromthe module description pages as it lists the topics and themes covered throughout the module.
Reply 11
For anyone following or interested, i did manage to switch onto second year from university.

However as the OU teach subjects like (W101 - An instruction to law) rather than contract, criminal law, EU Law etc, I graduated with a non qualifying law degree as I was missing some key subjects from year one
Reply 12
For anyone following or interested, i did manage to switch onto second year from university.

However as the OU teach subjects like (W101 - An instruction to law) rather than contract, criminal law, EU Law etc, I graduated with a non qualifying law degree as I was missing some key subjects from year one

Thanks for the update and congratulations!

Are you planning to stay in law as a career?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending