Original post by iMacJack
I'm with you apart from P(7<R<10) that should be 1/2 as 10 is not in the range

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sneaky edexcel. Thanks for spotting that out. I've updated the solutions
Reply 21
I reckon 62ish for an A. could be anywhere between 62-64
Reply 22
Original post by AlexFrangos
What grade boudaries do you expect in the ial paper?

It could be anywhere between 67-70 for the A*; S2 boundaries are really unpredictable. It's been on the lower end in summer 14 and 15, so it's hard to tell for sure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Ayman!
IAL soon i hope? :woo:

Original post by AlexFrangos
What grade boudaries do you expect in the ial paper?

IAL http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4194431
Reply 24
Original post by kprime2
Ah sneaky edexcel. Thanks for spotting that out. I've updated the solutions

Thanks, Kprime2 the great!
Reply 25
Original post by Mathchemhist
How many UMS points do you think i would get for:

C3 61/75
C4 62/75
S2 38/75 ???

It wasn't THAT bad
How many marks would I lose for giving n=15 is an answer if I forgot to square it?
62 is way too low for an A... i think this was as hard as previous papers. At least 65 for an A and 70 for an A*
I completely messed up the mode, I read it as "show that the mode is 8/3", I actually thought there was some sort of mistake on the paper.
Reply 29
Original post by NotNotBatman
I completely messed up the mode, I read it as "show that the mode is 8/3", I actually thought there was some sort of mistake on the paper.

I really hate things like this.

In my S2 they had a question involving the constants q, r and s and I kept writing q as p and my mind basically thought is was p, q, r.

My further pure modules also had no nice answers everything was in ugly fractions and/or square roots.

Seems like Edexcel does this just to mess with us and make us doubt our final answers. The older past papers would have nice answers which personally gave me more confidence
(edited 7 years ago)
Why would it matter? because i thought the its a continuos distribution so p(x=10) is 0, so i think it should be 3/4?
Original post by alexthompson1998
Why would it matter? because i thought the its a continuos distribution so p(x=10) is 0, so i think it should be 3/4?

Well yes, P(X=10) does = 0, so you'd change the range to 7 to 9, as if you use 7 to 10 you're effectively adding in probability for something which doesn't exist (or isn't in our range)

So it was P(7<r<9) = 1/2.
Reply 32
Original post by lawlieto
62 is way too low for an A... i think this was as hard as previous papers. At least 65 for an A and 70 for an A*

Original post by kprime2

I reckon from 62 for A.

Confirmed - 62 for an A. :biggrin:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1606-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending