The Student Room Group

D2 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Unfortunately I don't have the answer booklet, so some questions were too difficult to format correctly. There may be mistakes.
Question 1 : 10 Marks

Spoiler

Question 2 : 8 Marks

Spoiler

Question 3 ( Down the LHS is Alexa, Ewan, Faith, Zak) - 9 Marks

Spoiler

Question 4 : 9 Marks

Spoiler

Question 5 : 12 Marks

Spoiler

Question 6 : 12 Marks

Spoiler

Question 7 : 15 Marks

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you!!!
For the game theory formulating. I forgot to write V+5= new value but I rewrote the table and said add 5 to all. How many marks would I lose?
Original post by 4nonymous
Thank you!!!

You're welcome! I've made some edits, as it was late when I wrote this.
Original post by 4nonymous
For the game theory formulating. I forgot to write V+5= new value but I rewrote the table and said add 5 to all. How many marks would I lose?

Probably 1.
Reply 4
Sorry for responding so late to this, just playing on my mind a bit.
Q1. I forgot to return to A in both my routes, so I had the routes correct but missed the last step of the algorithm. Drop 2 marks? I got 113 correct and the interval correct with my incorrect route value, so would I have dropped 2-4 marks? Depends if I get error carried forward.
Q2. Dropped like 4.
Q3. Full marks. 2Nd favourite topic
Q4. Full marks, however I will deduct 1 just in case my explanation lacked.
Q5. I got negative and -2, -1 which I think is agreed upon for the negative solution? Full marks.
Q6. Full marks - did so much practise on it.
Q7. Messed up - I got 1325 although 1700 was a Final value I had in one of them, so maybe I simply missed adding a value to the 1325? Do you think I could get 5 marks for that?
Dropped 10.
If so that is 75-4-1-10-4 = 56. I will be harsh and say 54/75. Should that be enough for a B? If I got the DP then I would have had a solid A, dammit should have tried to revise it more :frown: so costly.
if im generous I could have 60 but I am preparing for the worst just in case, thanks bro
Original post by TrueDAN
Sorry for responding so late to this, just playing on my mind a bit.
Q1. I forgot to return to A in both my routes, so I had the routes correct but missed the last step of the algorithm. Drop 2 marks? I got 113 correct and the interval correct with my incorrect route value, so would I have dropped 2-4 marks? Depends if I get error carried forward.
Q2. Dropped like 4.
Q3. Full marks. 2Nd favourite topic
Q4. Full marks, however I will deduct 1 just in case my explanation lacked.
Q5. I got negative and -2, -1 which I think is agreed upon for the negative solution? Full marks.
Q6. Full marks - did so much practise on it.
Q7. Messed up - I got 1325 although 1700 was a Final value I had in one of them, so maybe I simply missed adding a value to the 1325? Do you think I could get 5 marks for that?
Dropped 10.
If so that is 75-4-1-10-4 = 56. I will be harsh and say 54/75. Should that be enough for a B? If I got the DP then I would have had a solid A, dammit should have tried to revise it more :frown: so costly.
if im generous I could have 60 but I am preparing for the worst just in case, thanks bro

q1.) About 3-4 marks lost
q5.) I might have got a negative solution, I can't remember.
q7.) I have no idea how marks are allocated for Dynamic Programming, as mark schemes are vague. But i'd guess somewhere around 6/7 marks.

I think B won't be higher than 56/75, given that you're close and these are just estimates, it's hard to tell.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Unfortunately I don't have the answer booklet, so some questions were too difficult to format correctly. There may be mistakes.
Question 1 : 10 Marks

Spoiler

Question 2 : 8 Marks

Spoiler

Question 3 ( Down the LHS is Alexa, Ewan, Faith, Zak) - 9 Marks

Spoiler

Question 4 : 9 Marks

Spoiler

Question 5 : 12 Marks

Spoiler

Question 6 : 12 Marks

Spoiler

Question 7 : 15 Marks

Spoiler

for question 6 bv is rstup not v
Original post by anonymous2410

Yes, thank you.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes, thank you.

did you get that wrong?
did you get that wrong?

No, just a mistake on here.

how did you prove flow is maximal for Q2E?
i used C1= min cut to show flow is maximal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending