The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Yeah Ayesha Curry is fine AF.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Would you prefer the word decorum?

It could be great or it could be a disaster, I know from experience shoulder injuries never leave you quite the same. Much less a full dislocation. But if everyone gels and is healthy LeBron and co might finally have a challenge. And more importantly we might actually get an interesting ECF! Dare to hope... Noah isn't a guy that needs to ball so it's perfect. Him and Porzingis could be a beastly duo.

Also fantasy draft? :biggrin: As mod I leave it to you :colonhash: Also I'm lazy

Decorum, class, whatever synonym. I've only ever seen it made such a massive deal of in American sports. No wonder fans get so offended by crowds chanting 'refs suck' or something similar. Clearly they've never heard football chants over here (Where no one mentions class at all).

As for fantasy draft, maybe. Gotta look into how to set it up, should be simple enough though.
Reply 222
Original post by MrDystopia
Of course she won't, she's Steph's wife. Nothing to do with 'class' (A concept I never understand why Americans or basketball fans seems obsessed about).

Noah to Knicks is pretty much done I believe, Knicks building a nice little team there.

??? Ok...?

My point is she shouldn't be complaining because obviously she wouldn't if the tables were turned. I'm not 'obsessed' about it, just wanted to point it out because it's amusing.
Reply 223
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah Ayesha Curry is fine AF.

my ninja
So hello, this is the thread for the upcoming 2016 Draft, Free Agency, and of course, the 2016/17 NBA season. The current champions are the Cleveland Cavliers. The current unanimous MVP is Stephen Curry, and the current unanimous Finals MVP is Lebron James.

Feel free to post here, whichever team you support/follow and discuss all aspects of the NBA alongside your fellow basketball loving members. Literally anything, we have stats, serious discussion and memes aplenty here (:colonhash:).

For those curious, here is a link to the thread for the 2015/16 season: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3609435. The MVP poster for the last thread was Aristotle's Disciple with 683 posts!

Below is a list of the teams various members support. Feel free to post whichever team is yours and I'll add you to this list:

Boston Celtics - TheLittlestElf
Los Angeles Lakers - eden3
Golden State Warriors - MrDystopia, blackened_sky
Miami Heat - Malevolent, TajwarC
Milwaukee Bucks - JMEisjames, atom y humber
New York Knicks - zionpower, Aristotle's' Disciple
Oklahoma City Thunder - brent_, bammy jastard 27, Mugiiwara, dnan, Bryci, MamzZass

Finally, if you're new to the sport/league and want to know more, feel free to ask anyone in thread (There's plenty of basketball knowledge here) or read any of the following resources to get some information:

-TBA-

Enjoy!

I support the LA Lakers
Reply 225
Original post by epic within
I support the LA Lakers

YESSS finally another one! Let's ****ing go
Original post by eden3
YESSS finally another one! Let's ****ing go

Hopefully we can sign someone good this year
Reply 227
Hopefully we can sign someone good this year

Yeah man for real. I'm so happy we drafted Ingram he's the player I wanted more than anyone.

I'm praying for Kevin Durant even though I doubt we have any shot in hell of getting him. But if he comes to LA... Omg....
Original post by eden3
My point is she shouldn't be complaining because obviously she wouldn't if the tables were turned. I'm not 'obsessed' about it, just wanted to point it out because it's amusing.

She has every right to complain. Being in the public eye I'm sure she's used to folks like people here constantly getting worked up over her tweets :wink:

I support the LA Lakers

Shall add you o/
Finally actually catching up with the Draft since I missed it. If anyone else missed it/wants to watch some of it again or whatever, full thing is here:

[video="youtube;9-Y5NaaAymI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Y5NaaAymI&t=626s[/video]
Reply 230
She has every right to complain. Being in the public eye I'm sure she's used to folks like people here constantly getting worked up over her tweets :wink:

Shall add you o/

And people have every right to say whatever the hell they want to (so long as it's legal). It's the internet ffs. :wink:

Can you tell me, in all objectivity, that you would feel the exact same way if Cleveland lost and it was LeBron's wife making these comments? Perhaps, but a lot of GSW fans and/or LBJ haters sure as hell wouldn't.
Original post by eden3
And people have every right to say whatever the hell they want to (so long as it's legal). It's the internet ffs. :wink:

Can you tell me, in all objectivity, that you would feel the exact same way if Cleveland lost and it was LeBron's wife making these comments? Perhaps, but a lot of GSW fans and/or LBJ haters sure as hell wouldn't.

I agree, but to make out as if it's something about 'being classy' is dumb.

If you want my honest opinion, I literally don't care what players wives or friends are tweeting. Players sure, but stuff like Ayesha tweeting about the NBA being rigged (Which is stupid enough for obvious reasons) doesn't matter to me. So if Lebron's wife wants to do it, she can go ahead.

And yeah you're right, loads of Dubs fans would do the same had Cavs lost/Lebron's wife posted something dumb. But then as I've said, I don't understand the fascination with it.
Reply 232
I agree, but to make out as if it's something about 'being classy' is dumb.

If you want my honest opinion, I literally don't care what players wives or friends are tweeting. Players sure, but stuff like Ayesha tweeting about the NBA being rigged (Which is stupid enough for obvious reasons) doesn't matter to me. So if Lebron's wife wants to do it, she can go ahead.

And yeah you're right, loads of Dubs fans would do the same had Cavs lost/Lebron's wife posted something dumb. But then as I've said, I don't understand the fascination with it.

I respect where you're coming from - thank you for the honesty :biggrin:
Original post by eden3
Yeah man for real. I'm so happy we drafted Ingram he's the player I wanted more than anyone.

I'm praying for Kevin Durant even though I doubt we have any shot in hell of getting him. But if he comes to LA... Omg....

KD isn't even meeting with LA
Reply 234
Original post by samb1234
KD isn't even meeting with LA

:colonhash:

Can't you let a man dream? Meany :frown:
Original post by eden3
:colonhash:

Can't you let a man dream? Meany :frown:

Don't worry. I've heard there'll be plenty of talent available in the lottery for the next few years so you'll be in prime position to pick them up
Reply 236
Don't worry. I've heard there'll be plenty of talent available in the lottery for the next few years so you'll be in prime position to pick them up

I hope so. And I expect D'Angelo to eventually grow into a big-time player.
Original post by eden3
I hope so. And I expect D'Angelo to eventually grow into a big-time player.

Yeah he probably will do. Tbh it would be quite a good year to have a high lottery pick in, 2017 is loaded with talent
Pretty much confirmed now from Durants inside camp he's resigning with OKC. No surprises there. Best scenario for neutrals. Knicks never really stood a chance.
Reply 239
Yeah he probably will do. Tbh it would be quite a good year to have a high lottery pick in, 2017 is loaded with talent

BTW samb1234 what team do you support? Tell us so @MrDystopia can add you in the OP.

Quick Reply