The Student Room Group

Michael Gove is such a snake

He completely betrayed my favourite politician Boris Johnson and ruined his career for no reason. Boris would have been a great PM and he could have done big things to the country with Gove as his right hand man but Gove got too greedy and snaked out Boris so that he could try (and probably fail) to win the Tory leadership.

One of the main reasons I and a lot of other people supported th Leave campaign is because of Boris- a household name- supporting the idea. I would have loved to see him having a go and leading the country but Michael Gove just ruined his entire political career today. Boris is finished and it's all because one ****boy named Michael Gove.

Gove, if you're reading this, ,**** you.
Why did you write this at 1:40 in the morning
Reply 2
Original post by Ladbants
Why did you write this at 1:40 in the morning

I can't go to sleep. I am too upset and angry about what happened. I was so shocked when I heard Boris say that he wasn't going to stand for PM. Gove back stabbed him and destoryed his ambitions in the most cruel way.
Boris campaigned for leave not out of conviction but out of a desire to challenge Cameron. So he can't complain when he is also usurped. All's fair in love and war.
Reply 4
Original post by Quantex
Boris campaigned for leave not out of conviction but out of a desire to challenge Cameron. So he can't complain when he is also usurped. All's fair in love and war.

Yeah that could be true but Boris is literally one of my biggest inspirations and my favourite politician and I am just so shocked and saddened that his career has been ruined and his ambitions have been destroyed
Reply 5
Original post by Trapz99
He completely betrayed my favourite politician Boris Johnson and ruined his career for no reason. Boris would have been a great PM and he could have done big things to the country with Gove as his right hand man but Gove got too greedy and snaked out Boris so that he could try (and probably fail) to win the Tory leadership.

One of the main reasons I and a lot of other people supported th Leave campaign is because of Boris- a household name- supporting the idea. I would have loved to see him having a go and leading the country but Michael Gove just ruined his entire political career today. Boris is finished and it's all because one ****boy named Michael Gove.

Original post by Trapz99
Yeah that could be true but Boris is literally one of my biggest inspirations and my favourite politician and I am just so shocked and saddened that his career has been ruined and his ambitions have been destroyed

'The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter'...
Original post by Trapz99
I can't go to sleep. I am too upset and angry about what happened. I was so shocked when I heard Boris say that he wasn't going to stand for PM. Gove back stabbed him and destoryed his ambitions in the most cruel way.

Are you serious? You're literally lamenting how Boris is feeling right now? Poor Boris, what an innocent sweetheart...
Reply 7
Boris realised what Jeremy won't. Boris knows that while he may be popular among the public he isn't popular among fellow MPs, You can't lead a party, especially in government, when you don't have the support of other MPs. He put party above personal ambition.
Reply 8
Original post by SophiaNeuning
Are you serious? You're literally lamenting how Boris is feeling right now? Poor Boris, what an innocent sweetheart...

I am being serious. I'm a massive fan of Boris and I really thought that he would have been a great PM but it's all been shattered into pieces now because of Gove. I just hope that whoever becomes leader will give Boris a position in the Cabinet.
Yeah, but what's so great about Boris?

He's lead UK out of the EU, and possibly Scotland out of the UK all because he was on a maaad power trip to try and become PM. :s-smilie:
@flyingpanda @Trapz99 @James82 @Quantex

Boris is clueless. We must not make the mistake of conflating our fondness for him with whether he has the ability to be the PM. He has never worked a day in the real world. His only 1 ½ achievements are Boris Bikes and taking the credit for the London Olympics when it should have been accorded to Ken Livingstone and Ken Livingstone alone.

The problem in UK when it comes to politics is that people vote according to party affiliations. If your great grandpa was Labour, so too would your grandpa, your dad and yourself. In the past, politicians did real work for the people. After Thatcher was ousted, several politicians were in it for themselves. As long as they can claim fraudulent expenses, buy multiple homes, send their children to tops UK and US unis, then only are they contented. The welfare of the people is the least of their concern.

If you have diligently watched the telecasts of the hustings period during the campaign, Boris spoke loads of gibberish (which is normal of him) and the only time he said anything comprehensible was when he said that UK must adopt a migration policy akin to the Australian point based system etc. These were never his points or that of the official designate Leave campaign. All he did was to use what Farage said without citing him as the source.

Brexit was achieved because of the Leave Campaign headed by Nigel Farage. Boris, Gove and the rest of their clique knows this. But they are far too thick-skinned to even accept it for what it is. They have taken credit for the achievement and textbook writers will be paying homage to them in future editions of law and political textbooks.

The thing is Cameron, Boris and clique are at the end of the day, still Conservative party members. Even though they have their differences, they will put it aside for the sake of the party's continued tenure in government and also because they cannot allow Labour to get back into power. Corbyn for me is okay. As long as clowns like Milliband, Balls, Yvette Cooper, Harriett Harman are nowhere near the shawdow Cabinet then that's fine with me.

But what I think will happen is that if Corbyn is ousted and given that Cameron has resigned (although if you watched his speech outside 10 Downing Street on the morning after, you would think he was stepping aside to take another of his many vacations he takes during the course of a year) then another general election may be triggered.

If there is another general election, the electorate are not stupid and are mindful of

the fact that Brexit has been achieved

Cameron having resigned but will be at the helm till October when the successor is named at the party's conference

Boris and crew are now saying that there is no need to rush to initiate immediate divorce proceedings from EU

Boris and crew's attempt of repeatedly conflating access to single market with freedom of movement of people

EU top brass having said to the effect that Cameron, Boris and co are wrong about everything they've said about the immediate process that follows after Brexit

If Boris and crew allows this to happen, UKIP may win the next general election. Lest you forget, UKIP garnered close to 4 million votes in the last general election and you have to bear in mind about the perils of the F.P.T.P system.

You cannot lie to the people all the time. You will eventually be found out and once you've been found out, you will have to pay the price. This is how democracy works.
Original post by Trapz99

When I was a yoof, Tony Blair was one of my favourite politicians and inspirations and look how that turned out. Let this be a lesson to you. You have been saved.

Boris may see soft and cuddly on the inside, but he is hard and destructive on the inside. In his short time in national prominence, he has split the country and his party. He is very much in favour of privatising the NHS and education and how anyone can take such a buffoon seriously on the world stage is beyond me. He would have been a disaster and we got off likely.
Original post by Trapz99

I feel sorry for you. By extension, I feel sorry your generation if he can be considered an inspiration of anything other than pity, disgust, ire, etc.
Worry for yourself
I'm more worried about the grand high witch AKA Theresa May
Original post by Trapz99

If the main reason to support a Brexit vote is Boris bumbling Johnson then the world has gone mad.
In order to understand the complex character of Michael Gove one needs to dive into his history and biography. It is full of pain, drama, success, glamour, ups, downs, circles and metamorphosis all of which shaped the contemporary man Michael Gove.
Agree Gove will never be a leader people already know he is a snake definitely not to be trusted.
It's Borris or Teresa.
What do you like about Boris?

Latest

Trending

Trending