The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is gambling a waste of money

Scroll to see replies

It's like any other kind of entertainment. That's like asking whether going on holiday is a waste of money, or going to the cinema, or whatever - the answer depends on the individual and their circumstances; and how much value they place on whatever level of enjoyment they get from it.
We are all different and everyone has different preferences.

Some people will think gambling is a waste but if you have the money to gamble 40-60 a day and you enjoy it, then who is to say that is worse than any other way to spend money?

Some people spend thousands clothes and to others that is a waste but again if you have the money and choose to spend it that way, who is anyone else to judge?
Original post by Lord Gaben
Gambling is a waste of time and money. It really isn't worth the stress.

Go say that to that guy who put £5 on Leicester last season and won £250,000
Original post by I feel myself

That's an anomaly. It's like winning the lottery. So, it's not really a good example.

Also, if the guy put £5 on Leicester he would have got £25,000 in return because the odds were 5,000/1 not 50,000/1.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by I feel myself

£25,000

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord Gaben
That's an anomaly. It's like winning the lottery. So, it's not really a good example.

Also, if the guy put £5 on Leicester he would have got £25,000 in return because the odds were 5,000/1 not 50,000/1.

Yeah that's true. If you're guaranteed money, it's no longer gambling.
Instead of gambling invest.
I made about $1000 total betting on games of counter-strike, but only because the odds are determined by the weighting of people betting on each team, so it was actually possible to play the odds, unlike with 99% of gambling in general
Is the Pope Catholic?
Depends if you win I suppose :colondollar:
that's true mum ain't working she's on benefits she even thinks an item for £60 is expensive for real she shops in primark mostly, mum mostly borrows money of me constantly one day she gambled nearly £100 a day she didn't get **** she gambles online slots at least expensive clothes make you feel good and last really long
(edited 7 years ago)
What if you gamble £40 everyday and don't win
True
Fully agree
Original post by Underscore__
An £80 jacket isn't expensive at all. Gambling an never winning is worse, at least you get something if you're buying expensive possessions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong. You wouldnt say spending £10 on a cinema ticket is a waste of money, neither would somebody placing it on a football match of which he would not have had previous interest
What if you gamble 40-£60 everyday and only get back like £1000 in a couple months
It is if your bad at it
Original post by struggler07
that's true mum ain't working she's on benefits she even thinks an item for £60 is expensive for real she shops in primark mostly, mum mostly borrows money of me constantly one day she gambled nearly £100 a day she didn't get **** she gambles online slots at least expensive clothes make you feel good and last really long

whats the difference between a £5 top from primark and a £60 top from a top brand? Spending that much on clothes is a waste of money imo
Original post by struggler07
What if you gamble £40 everyday and don't win

That's like throwing money away

Latest

Trending

Trending