The Student Room Group

British weather killed my Venus flytrap

It's been cloudy and fairly cold for over a week and I was growing a venus flytrap and it is only likely to survive in hot sunny conditions (supposedly summer) and it should've started sprouting by now, but I'm pretty sure the British weather has killed it.

Scroll to see replies

I think the British weather is going to be the death of us all. It's JULY and it's RAINING! 😭
Also it's a Venus flytrap. Earths not its natural habitat 😏
Original post by 1998RF

:laugh: :toofunny:
The weather is actually awful where I live (London). It's supposed to be July! :frown:
Reply 5
i am a vegan and this is called gross negligence. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Reply 6
Maybe it was lack of flies
Reply 7
My dad is a biology professor, he also got one as a gift and my brother weed himself because we actually saw it catch a fly :rofl:
Reply 8
Thread of the year, this.
Rip poor bugger :frown:
Reply 10
Yeah good shout :biggrin: Weather should improve soon :moon:
Original post by 1998RF

Oh jeez it took me way too long to get this.
You're a plant killer. Why didnt you look after it. Plant killer
Ok plant killer. Dont you have a lamp? You can use it as a substitute for sunlight. Soil is free. Sand..... just go on the beach or buy it. Ive had many venus fly traps grown and youre just a plant killer.
No.
You're gonna have to grow a plant yourself, extract a seed and grow another plant. Then you will make it up
Original post by datboii
i am a vegan and this is called gross negligence. You should be ashamed of yourself.

A vegan that cares about plants is like a human cannibal that cares about people.
I have a venus flytrap and it works better as an indoor plant, just be sure to water it often, with a misting spray bottle preferably and don't let the temperature go below 12 degrees celsius. Also, due to the lack of flies inside you can feed it blobs of gelatine to supplement it.
gone but not forgotten, RIP
You should plant a little gravestone in the pot so you never forget 😢 Only the good die young, RIP little V.
Do you live in the South East of London? That's where I live:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest