The Student Room Group

Want her badly

Really like a girl at my college, I've known her since high school but different mates mean we were never too close except for interactions in lessons but now we're not even in them together.

She's my exact type and she's intelligent and motivated, I'm not really good looking but I'm so confident and motivated to ask her out. There's everything to gain, nothing to lose. I just can't make the chance I can't. I wanna bump into her not literally, have a conversation and ask her out over the summer. But I don't know how to engineer that opportunity. I have to do it in person. It's driving me crazy inside, and she'll never know how much I care for her even though she has no clue.
Original post by Anonymous
Really like a girl at my college, I've known her since high school but different mates mean we were never too close except for interactions in lessons but now we're not even in them together.

She's my exact type and she's intelligent and motivated, I'm not really good looking but I'm so confident and motivated to ask her out. There's everything to gain, nothing to lose. I just can't make the chance I can't. I wanna bump into her not literally, have a conversation and ask her out over the summer. But I don't know how to engineer that opportunity. I have to do it in person. It's driving me crazy inside, and she'll never know how much I care for her even though she has no clue.

Go for it. What's the worst that can happen? She'll say no, best case scenario you get the girl of your dreams and something great can happen. Just be yourself!
If you got any contacts of her, then talk to her about meeting up as you said you got the confidence to ask her out
go for it! :smile:

you should do it .... your not gonna get the opportunity again and nothing bad will happen if she rejects you ... probs gonna end up as friends just remember that whatever happens.. there's a purpose for it to happen.. if she doesn't accept you.. that means there will be a better person in your life who acc accept you.. but go for it ... life only comes once

First thing's first, if you do feel ready to take the plunge and ask her out, act natural. Trying to engineer an opportunity may make it look artificial to her, and possibly a sick joke. If you have any mutual friend, then use them to tell whether she'd be interested in any relationship and that way it may save you any awkward rejection. If you don't, then befriend a few of them and at the same time, just be more outgoing to her than normal. Always helps for peer group comments that are positive about you for a girl to start thinking about you. And finally, make the most of any common interests/hobbies/music preferences and maybe push your way into a date/semi-date through that way.

Above all, banish negativity like being "not all that good-looking" as being positive is the best way and don't force an opportunity to tell her how you really feel, let it come natural.
i am ready :innocent:
Reply 6
Original post by Ginger Blueboy
First thing's first, if you do feel ready to take the plunge and ask her out, act natural. Trying to engineer an opportunity may make it look artificial to her, and possibly a sick joke. If you have any mutual friend, then use them to tell whether she'd be interested in any relationship and that way it may save you any awkward rejection. If you don't, then befriend a few of them and at the same time, just be more outgoing to her than normal. Always helps for peer group comments that are positive about you for a girl to start thinking about you. And finally, make the most of any common interests/hobbies/music preferences and maybe push your way into a date/semi-date through that way.

Above all, banish negativity like being "not all that good-looking" as being positive is the best way and don't force an opportunity to tell her how you really feel, let it come natural.

I've spent 2 years waiting for it to come naturally though and it never has. Given we're 17 now and going off to uni next year the clock is ticking for me to say something. No matter the response I'm happy, but I'll just be elated if she says yes. I'd rather get rejected than to live with the regret of saying nothing at all.
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3
So find her, say hey, ask her what's up, find out her plans for the summer, and tell her "we should hang out", then gauge her reaction. Simples

All good, but finding her is ridiculous. We're always in at different times and if I do see her she's around 5-6 friends.

Seriously, no woman likes such insecure types. If you want her and go and get her. Approach her and be masculine. Be the winner and always be closing (ABC), then she'll be attracted to you.

Get a pair of these too:
I've spent 2 years waiting for it to come naturally though and it never has. Given we're 17 now and going off to uni next year the clock is ticking for me to say something. No matter the response I'm happy, but I'll just be elated if she says yes. I'd rather get rejected than to live with the regret of saying nothing at all.

Well then, you seem to have made your mind up already and I wish you good luck!

Less talking and more doing. keep it simple and just ask her out. You build it up into too big a thing. If she's off to Uni you dont stand much chance anyway for more than a summer fling imo.

You talk about how she is perfect for you, but you dont know her and she creatinly doesnt know you.
Thank you people, will try something.
Saw her again yesterday alone, knew it was my chance. So I started walking in her direction and a friend I haven't seen for months intercepts me and we start talking. By the time I leave she's nowhere to be seen. My brain is all over the place, I have the confidence to do it I just can't get the opportunity. Would give anything to see her alone, I've liked her for so long that if she rejects I'll feel awful. Can't speak to her in text form cause it doesn't show the confidence I want to and I don't know what to do. She's perfect. Needed to vent.
when i was in college a guy who had seen me around and liked me told a girl in his class who was also in mine. i barely knew her but she came up to me and told me he liked me and wanted to talk to me so i just told her to tell him come say hi when he sees me. then that lunch i was sat with a few friends and he came over and said his name and asked if he could speak to me, was a lil awkward but still super sweet so maybe try find someone in your class who knows her? or just approach her when she's with friends and ask to talk, might seem awkward but the friends will usually find it sweet so :biggrin:
Original post by silverfox44
when i was in college a guy who had seen me around and liked me told a girl in his class who was also in mine. i barely knew her but she came up to me and told me he liked me and wanted to talk to me so i just told her to tell him come say hi when he sees me. then that lunch i was sat with a few friends and he came over and said his name and asked if he could speak to me, was a lil awkward but still super sweet so maybe try find someone in your class who knows her? or just approach her when she's with friends and ask to talk, might seem awkward but the friends will usually find it sweet so :biggrin:

Haha, sounds pretty nice, happy to hear you were cool about it too. Only problem with her is most of her friends are guys, one is a good friend of mine so I could use him as a kind of matchmaker but I don't wanna come across the wrong way. Maybe I'll just ask to speak to her alone. It's a shame I don't share classes so I can't say "Mr ___ wants to speak to you" and then intercept. Man I'm so confused. Just wanna show her I care but also that I'm confident in a short space of time 🙏🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending