The Student Room Group

Girlfriend refusing to have sex with me...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unprinted
There are more things to do than have intercourse.

If you were to have intercourse with her knowing that she really doesn't want to - and 'unless we had a big massive argument about it and she felt obliged to do it' comes very close to that - what does that make you?
It makes him a man in the wrong relationship.
Original post by asoftersin
I've been with my girlfriend around about 18 months now. At the start of the relationship we had sex often, however around the 6 month mark that slowed down and would only do it once a month and then at the nine month mark it stopped completely, unless we had a big massive argument about it and she felt obliged to do it. She says the reason she doesn't want to do it is because she does not trust contraception and first told me just to wait a few weeks until the Christmas holidays until she could go and see the doctor in her home town, but she didn't go. She then said that she would go at Easter. She didn't go then. She said that she's a bit on the overweight side to go on the pill right now but will slim down over this summer and then get it at the end of the summer. We are due to move in together at the end of August and it seems she's not been trying. I'm getting worried that she won't feel like she's lost enough weight to want to go on the pill to be told wait until next Christmas. I've been really fair and understanding but I told her that it would be the end if she didn't go on the pill. I'm not bothered about her going on the pill if she was fine using condoms. It's really bothering me and stressing me out and everytime I bring it up I get shut down and told it's fine stop worrying it will get sorted.
I wouldn't give her an ultimatum because she might just end the relationship because of it. She might say she doesn't like the pressure you're putting on her. If you really love her I would give her some time. Maybe in a few months you can bring it up again and tell her how you feel.
lmao! someones weight does my effect their ability to go on the pill

THERES NO WEIGHT RESTRICTION FOR THE PILL!
Original post by Tiger Rag
Sounds as though you're pressurising her into it, which for me personally, would make me less likely want to sleep with you.

This is possibly the issue here, even if he doesn't think he's pressurising her, she probably feels like he is. I know this was an issue in my relationship. When I was depressed my sex drive literally hit zero - I never, ever wanted it and I had been in my relationship for years. I made up all sorts of excuses; I was tired, I felt ill, I had to nip out etc. etc.

My partner at first kept trying and trying and it got to the point where I started getting annoyed. I explained to him I just wasn't in the mood and he just couldn't understand. After weeks and weeks of this we were both arguing constantly and I used to dread coming home on a evening because in my eyes, I was going home to get nagged for sex that I didn't want. I understand men have needs but I was in a bad place emotionally and his constant harassment just made me feel worse

Spoiler

Reply 45
Original post by queen-bee
Ive actually had to pay a heavy price for it,so you're right*

Once, I took a girl I was seeing to the GP to get the cap fitted. I explained to her why the pill was so deleterious for her and she agreed not to go on it. She's Jap so her English isn't very good, and my parents told me to take her. I did, and the nutty GP woman started pressuring her to take the pill, saying how the cap was outdated, no one uses it anymore, asking if I was pressuring her to go on the cap (presumably because I want her to get pregnant??? :confused:). When I called her out as a brainless idiot (in nicer terms), she refused to prescribe anything. I walked out of there and told my girl to try and get it from her.She comes out 10 minutes later with google translated NHS propaganda of how awesome the pill is.:sigh: One of the few benefits of the TTIP is that the ****in' NHS would be destroyed.
Original post by Anonymous
I understand men have needs

Men know how to masturbate.

The rest of the post is spot on.
Original post by Lawliettt
How is it his fault that she doesn't want to have sex?

His reaction to her initial change in her desire for it.

The way to improve things is to be supportive and helpful..

.. not pressurise her, have 'big massive arguments about it', and have sex with her when he knows she doesn't really want to do it, but merely feels 'obliged to do it'.
So can fatties take all forms of the pill or not.. seems a few people had this misconception including myself if its a myth..
Original post by Foo.mp3
No room for rebellion when it comes to fundamental arrangements. My way or the high way :yy:

Only happened to me with one girl so can't comment as if an authority and shouldn't think there are any arbitrary criteria other than 'feeling it'. You'll know when it happens, though, your spirit is soothed, your senses heightened

Makes no difference to me e.g. would (also) date other wenches if she was just a random, or be patient if she meant something. That said, if we were talking months rather than days/weeks then I'd have to have a serious word, as there's no point getting closer until you've established whether you're sexually compatible

Good girl :smile:

wowzers

:innocent: *I have experienced such things*

Patience is a virtue I guess. *But what if you're not sexually compatible,what do you do then? I think it's a deal breaker but to if they meant something to me,I wouldn't leave because of it
Original post by 41b
Once, I took a girl I was seeing to the GP to get the cap fitted. I explained to her why the pill was so deleterious for her and she agreed not to go on it. She's Jap so her English isn't very good, and my parents told me to take her. I did, and the nutty GP woman started pressuring her to take the pill, saying how the cap was outdated, no one uses it anymore, asking if I was pressuring her to go on the cap (presumably because I want her to get pregnant??? :confused:). When I called her out as a brainless idiot (in nicer terms), she refused to prescribe anything. I walked out of there and told my girl to try and get it from her.She comes out 10 minutes later with google translated NHS propaganda of how awesome the pill is.:sigh: One of the few benefits of the TTIP is that the ****in' NHS would be destroyed.

I was getting really bad side effects. So hopefully,I'll never be taking it ever again*
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

And then the guy you thought was "right" might cheat on you. Waiting doesn't change the human condition
Original post by Metrododo
And then the guy you thought was "right" might cheat on you. Waiting doesn't change the human condition

That's why I want to get to know the guy for a few years before I get married.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Not like you may do in future.. whole other level

1) Try to identify why

2) Try to work around/overcome it

3) Call it and resolve to be good friends/part of a harem e.g. until such times as things change

How quaint :hippe:

People, like the guy you quoted, are only really just beginning to become alive to the insidious nature of the pharma-industrial-complex

I hope they live up to my expectations :u:

Errrrmmm what?! Be part of a harem?! I'd slap the guy in the face and never talk to him again. *But if things don't change its not her fault. Not everything in life is fixable.*

I am old fashioned and I've always stuck by my exs in the past in times of distress *

Aye,I've had some very interesting convos with him,very wise young man*
Original post by Foo.mp3
Not a shred of doubt in my mind :colonhash:

Yup e.g. poor sexual compatibility/bringing my partner avoidable pain is unacceptable to me so sharing out the sexytimes would seem like a reasonable 'third way' vs. just walking away

Not if it were me; you'd listen, calm and composed, to my point of view and rationalisation (as per the above), and either trust in my best judgement or else respectfully agree to disagree

Depends what the issue is really, but generally true re: particular physiological irregularities

Hasn't always served you well, but you were just a kid, growing up, and didn't have the moral/inter-personal education you've now had, or the input/leadership of a guru come best friend/father figure :smile:

:top2:

no doubt :kiss:

So basically,again,an open relationship. This is how diseases spread so easily man and then there's the issue of getting on of them pregnant and catching feelings. Any girl who truly loves her partner would never agree to such a thing,if she does it is usually because she probably just wants something light herself.

I'm sorry but I could and would never ever agree to such a thing. I wouldn't let another girl flirt with my man,what makes you think I'd allow her to sleep with him?! That's too much. I'd honestly just up and leave(after crying a river for days on end)

That is what I was missing all along :daydreaming:
Original post by Betelgeuse-
So can fatties take all forms of the pill or not.. seems a few people had this misconception including myself if its a myth..

If they are overweight (I don't know the exact cut off) and/or have high blood pressure then the combined pill isn't recommended.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Not if you use protection/establish regular harem partners who only bunk up with thee :smile:

Personally, I wouldn't aim for an open relationship as it is a bit of an (emotional/health) minefield and does not communicate value, though, aye

Usually because she has low self-worth,* but sometimes, yes, because she too would prefer something light

Your capacity for humanity/to love selflessly :hippie:

Fair enough, I respect/would generally expect that

True story

I think after a while,even the girl you're hoooking up with would be left wondering wtf is going on here :confused:*

Even with protection,things spread. I would certainly feel cheap if I was in an open relationship sleeping with 2-3+ guys*

But everyone should be looking out for their own interests first and an open relationship is certainly not one of them. The girl usually doesn't have much to gain from it*

Aye,I'm not one to stand by and let things like that slide. It's about self worth and value/feeling appreciated *
Original post by unprinted
His reaction to her initial change in her desire for it.

The way to improve things is to be supportive and helpful..

.. not pressurise her, have 'big massive arguments about it', and have sex with her when he knows she doesn't really want to do it, but merely feels 'obliged to do it'.

1. So you're telling me that his reaction AFTER she has already made up her decision is the reason why she changed her decision in the first place? Can OP time travel?

2. Did you even read what I said? And read OP's post again. 12 months ago they were having sex once per month. 9 months ago it basically completely stopped. Do you seriously think that in those 12 months he hasn't tried to reason? And why would he be supportive? They're at a difference in opinions. The whole issue here is that they disagree with each other and your apparent solution is for him to u-turn and never have sex again. They're having big arguments because it's been 1 damn year since she started acting that way and she's shown no signs of change ever since.
Original post by Foo.mp3
For sure, but male and female sexuality are of course very different beasts, as you yourself have acknowledged

According to whom? You're supposed to be a Christian, are you not? :confused:

Indeed not, but the hypothetical under discussion is far from 'usual', isn't it

I know that *

According to human nature. Be honest,you would first and foremost think about your own happiness before making anybody else happy. I think that's with all humans and tbh I see nothing wrong with it.if you don't look out for yourself first,people will just take advantage of your good will

Perhaps so*
Original post by Foo.mp3
Are we not able to supersede our animal instincts?

Not true. My health comes first (survival), then the happiness of those I love dearly, then my own. You know this to be so, my child

Then you may not call yourself Christian

Only if you are naive/weak and feeble

one may,if they wish*

Hmmmm in the past you've always told me,in relation to specific aspects of your life,something along the line of why should I put your before mine and that's perfectly normally. In the past I've always put people's feelings ahead of mine and I didn't really get anywhere. This is why I do not blame people who look after #1

I still feel love and compassion towards my friends and family and I'm always there to support them,that's a very Christian thing to do :smile:*

Even the best of us fall prey to this :frown:*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending