The Student Room Group

Syrian refugee hands in €150,000 he found cleaning out his wardrobe

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
Your thread title is rather misleading. He didn't steal the money. He handed it in.

My god you are quite dense aren't you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Esoteric-
My god you are quite dense aren't you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Solid name/avatar tbh
Original post by PrincessBO$$
He isn't bad looking either :love::mmm:

Girl. It's Ramadan.

Spoiler

Original post by Legendary Quest
Girl. It's Ramadan.

Spoiler

Oh well i feel guilty i lost yesterdays fast. :frown:Inshallah I will redo :smile:
Original post by animus1
The article noted that he will receive a 3% finder's fee. I'm very glad that is the case.

Should be more.
It's great that he handed it in. What an honest guy. I would take it because I would be able to pay off my tuition fees.
Hand it in. It's a criminal offence to keep it and 150k of monopoly money is nowhere near enough to risk my future over.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Angry Bird
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/refugee-syria-germany-asylum-seeker-hands-in-money-found-in-wardrobe-a7109296.html

on a serious note, if you found 150k in a wardrobe, would you keep it or would you hand it in like this humble syrian chap?

Sweet guy <3
Original post by Zamestaneh
These pesky refugees invading our lands and ruining our way of life - how dare he do the do the right thing argh :fuhrer:

:rolleyes:

i'd take the money and give it to charity to help those in need
Original post by Angry Bird
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/refugee-syria-germany-asylum-seeker-hands-in-money-found-in-wardrobe-a7109296.html

on a serious note, if you found 150k in a wardrobe, would you keep it or would you hand it in like this humble syrian chap?

Nothing to do with Islam

In all seriousness, good to hear a positive story for the refugees. They should grant him and his family citizenship
(edited 7 years ago)
I would really want to keep it. I would struggle against my conscience to keep it. But in the end, I think I wouldn't feel right keeping it.
Original post by tanyapotter
It's great that he handed it in. What an honest guy. I would take it because I would be able to pay off my tuition fees.

You're a great person
Reply 32
Original post by KimKallstrom
Should be more.

Yeah, probably. I believe 3% is standard, but we'll see if the owner of the money is found, they may pitch in to the reward.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I get not trusting the banks, but keeping something burnable inside something burnable is flat-out retarded.

Also, how does one deal with losing that amount of money? I'd be going through every second-hand store in the country like a bull in a china shop.

Germany has negative interest rates.. perhaps some bloke put it there hidden away and his wife took it to the charity shop? Probably funds from illicit proceedings. I am sure German authorities are eagerly watching. Who knows
err keep it ..
Original post by queen-bee
i'd take the money and give it to charity to help those in need

Or perhaps invest it and use the the returns to fund charitable causes perpetually? :beard:
Reply 36
Id give it a year. And if no once claims it im going on holiday.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Nothing to do with Islam

In all seriousness, good to hear a positive story for the refugees. They should grant him and his family citizenship

"Allah would never allow me to finance my own interests with someone else’s wealth," he said.

so yep, it's to do with islam
Depends on the circumstances.

If it was from somewhere that I knew the owner would be looking for it, or want to claim it back, I'd hand it in.

If it was from someone that I knew, I'd hand it in.

Any other circumstance, I'd keep it and save it!
So if 1% help a granny to cross the road and 99% of them try to rape her? Is that considered a success?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending