The Student Room Group

Jealousy

If you've ever been jealous in a relationship, how do you deal with it? For example, mine issue was around platonic friendships and always knowing that girls were making constant moves to him . But this clouded my judgment about all of his and I because skeptical and didn't trust him as much.

But, anyway, how do you deal with jealousy in a relationship?
Original post by Anonymous
If you've ever been jealous in a relationship, how do you deal with it? For example, mine issue was around platonic friendships and always knowing that girls were making constant moves to him . But this clouded my judgment about all of his and I because skeptical and didn't trust him as much.

But, anyway, how do you deal with jealousy in a relationship?

Then you get answers! Ask him, up front and personal! Also, if you didn't trust him that much why were you with him? I'm no expert, but if I'm not mistaken trust and loyalty are two big factors in a healthy relationship.
Jealousy puts me right off, if I am simply friends with another girl and a girlfriend had a problem with this I would suggest they would either put up with it or end it.
Reply 3
Original post by AlphaArgonian
Then you get answers! Ask him, up front and personal! Also, if you didn't trust him that much why were you with him? I'm no expert, but if I'm not mistaken trust and loyalty are two big factors in a healthy relationship.

No, this was a previous issue hence, why i said *my issue was* to emphasis that, i've dealt with it, just want to know how OTHERS deal with theirs. I do trust him a lot now and we've dealt with it and a solution so it's fine. Just I know jealousy is inevitable in a relationship. Hence, my question.
Talk to him! I'm the same with my girlfriend, in constant worry that someone will make a move on her and she'll go with it, I spoke to her and she understood how I felt and reassured me that I'm the only guy she wants.
Sometimes all you need is a bit of reassurance and it'll put your mind to rest.
No, this was a previous issue hence, why i said *my issue was* to emphasis that, i've dealt with it, just want to know how OTHERS deal with theirs. I do trust him a lot now and we've dealt with it and a solution so it's fine. Just I know jealousy is inevitable in a relationship. Hence, my question.

Fair enough my bad, but I still say one word is the solution: honesty.
Reply 6
Talk to him! I'm the same with my girlfriend, in constant worry that someone will make a move on her and she'll go with it, I spoke to her and she understood how I felt and reassured me that I'm the only guy she wants.
Sometimes all you need is a bit of reassurance and it'll put your mind to rest.

Yeah, pretty interesting and fair point. Nice to see it from reverse.
Reply 7
Fair enough my bad, but I still say one word is the solution: honesty.

Yeah, and being open about things, right? Or in what way?
Yeah, and being open about things, right? Or in what way?

Exactly! In a healthy relationship both parties should pick up on when the other isn't feeling 100% 9/10 times (as sometimes one may conceal their feelings).
Reply 9
Exactly! In a healthy relationship both parties should pick up on when the other isn't feeling 100% 9/10 times (as sometimes one may conceal their feelings).

Fair enough 😊
Reply 10
Only once when in a relationship and she was deliberately trying to provoke it. Usually it has been pre relationship jealousy. But I reckon the only cool way to be and bizarrely the best way to hold on to your partner is to be totally non possessive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zarek
On once when in a relationship and she was deliberately trying to provoke it. Usually it has been pre relationship jealousy. But I reckon the only cool way to be and bizarrely the best way to hold on to your partner is to be totally non possessive.

But, doesn't it show you have something you don't want to loose?
Reply 12
[QUOTE=Anonymous;66219269]But, doesn't it show you have something you don't want to loose?

Yes, but it also shows a lack of confidence in your ability to hold on to it, which is not a winning trait.
Original post by Zarek
Yes, but it also shows a lack of confidence in your ability to hold on to it, which is not a winning trait.

Interesting so pretty much an insecurity. So are we all insecure then? Because its unknown for one to be in a relationship and not be jealous
Reply 14
[QUOTE=Anonymous;66225245]Interesting so pretty much an insecurity. So are we all insecure then? Because its unknown for one to be in a relationship and not be jealousI have a mate who is always successful in dating, getting off with girls way above his physical attractiveness league. All it seems down to his great wit and supreme confidence. So, he's going out with absolute babes, but still insists on his every Friday boys only night out. And he is nonchalant to the guys circling hoping to steal his woman. The result, they are eating out of his hand..
Original post by Zarek
I have a mate who is always successful in dating, getting off with girls way above his physical attractiveness league. All it seems down to his great wit and supreme confidence. So, he's going out with absolute babes, but still insists on his every Friday boys only night out. And he is nonchalant to the guys circling hoping to steal his woman. The result, they are eating out of his hand..

interesting, but maybe it works more with guys than girls, because some of us are known to dislike other girls more. I might be wrong, but i find that guys are more confident than girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending