The Student Room Group

Redoing Year 12?

currently I am in year 12 doing maths, chemistry and geography for a level. however I absolutely (due to other reasons other than laziness) failed my a levels (Im talking E's and U's).

I am certain and very motivated to retake year 12 at a different school and choosing economics maths and chemistry as my new options; however, i went to an interview and the interviewer told me that because i was taught maths and chemistry before an the government paid for me to learn them then i cannot under no circumstances do them if i retake the year? obviously this made me feel like a massive twa*t because i actually have an interest in these subjects and did enjoy them during the time i was cramming for them (omg).
was he telling the truth or am i still able to retake year 12?
Thank u
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump
seems like someones been chatting bs to you , there are resit students in my class that are taking both maths and chem resit
Original post by rbunny98
(due to other reasons other than laziness

LOLEST....as much as I don't have an answer to your main question, I must say this part of your post really tickled me.
Nice one.
Wishing you all the best!
Reply 4
Nope it's not true, a friend of mine is doing the same thing ( I also applied and got in to redo my year incase I fail lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bump
Reply 6
Original post by khateshumans
Bump

Thanks silly hoe x
I retook my entire AS history year but only the actual exams, not the lessons, in my last year of college while still continuing it to A2 in the same year alongside law & sociology at A2 as well so that's bs what you've been told. You can always retake exams and almost always you can retake the actual year with enrolling onto the same courses you didn't get good grades in.

There were like 3 people in my A2 law class, who were also attending the AS law classes as they enrolled onto it again due to getting bad grades for it in August 2015
Reply 8
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
LOLEST....as much as I don't have an answer to your main question, I must say this part of your post really tickled me.
Nice one.
Wishing you all the best!

Thank you haha
Reply 9
bump

Quick Reply

Latest