The Student Room Group

Confused and panicking!

Hello, I have just finished my college course (Woop Woop!) BUT! I didn't get the grade which I needed to get into my FIRM choice, I needed a Merit but I got a Pass, I have filled in all of the student finance way before I got my grade and I did get a reply like a month ago with a letter saying that I will get £9000 for the course fees and the £8200 for living etc. But it was all to do with my FIRM choice. Anyway now the question is... what do I do? I know that my FIRM choice can still consider getting me onto the Games Design course (Apparently) but I feel like I do want to go to my INSURANCE choice. So do I need to call up UCAS and tell them about it? What do I need to do!? My grades haven't been sent off yet as my college gives us the grades beforehand so that we can sort things like these out. So to break it down, what do I need to do?

Call UCAS and explain that I want to go to my INSURANCE choice or will that be automatically done, even though I do want to go there, I feel like I don't want to go to my FIRM choice anymore since it's a 50/50 chance that I will and I rather sleep calmly about these things.

Do I call student finance and tell them that the money has to go to my INSURANCE choice even though there was nowhere to state the INSURANCE choice on the application I believe.

And there are some other questions too... How will I get the money when they didn't ask for my bank details... I mean the £8200 for living? and when? Also if anyone goes to Hull College, when does the academic year start as I was given some odd information through the call when I was asking about accommodation etc. I'm really sorry if this all sounds confusing but that is literally my situation. I am panicking please help!
Original post by Piotr.p_97
Do I call student finance and tell them that the money has to go to my INSURANCE choice even though there was nowhere to state the INSURANCE choice on the application I believe.

I'm afraid I don't have the answers you seek. But I noticed you mentioned you are interested in the Insurance choice. Is that Insurance at college level? If you are very serious with it, then I would also suggest you later on consider professional certification from The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). It has the most globally recognized accreditation in the Insurance field.
I hope you get help with the answers you seek though.
All the best.
Reply 2
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
I'm afraid I don't have the answers you seek. But I noticed you mentioned you are interested in the Insurance choice. Is that Insurance at college level? If you are very serious with it, then I would also suggest you later on consider professional certification from The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). It has the most globally recognized accreditation in the Insurance field.
I hope you get help with the answers you seek though.
All the best.

It's a HE degree course in Hull College BA (Hons) Games Design.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending