The Student Room Group

My boyfriend makes me feel like a loser

I just started dating this guy. He's pretty extraordinary. He's barely out of his teens and he's already the CEO/founder of young tech startup worth 7 figures. This is all great and I'm happy for him, but I feel like I'm not worthy. Yeah, I'm quite book smart but I'm not going to a great university, I have no sense of direction and have absolutely no idea what I want to do in the future.

He's very supportive and he's never done anything to make me feel like this but I can't help it. How do I stop feeling like this? I really do like him and I don't want my irrational feelings to ruin this.
So it's you that makes yourself feel like a loser, not your boyfriend.
Enjoy the sexy relationship with a winner. Just browse through the threads on this forum to read about the unsuccessful relationships, many of which share the same component: a male who is a loser.
Reply 3
Its not him that does that, its yourself. By all accounts you said your boyfriend treats you really nicely!
Click bait title as well as being a lier
Reply 5
Two things:

1) Compared to that guy, most of us are losers in career terms. He's been very lucky or very dedicated (or most likely both).

2) The smart, dedicated, lucky guy has picked you! Even if you don't see why, he does. Have faith in his judgement, if you don't have faith in yourself. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by SentryE3D
So it's you that makes yourself feel like a loser, not your boyfriend.

You're right! I guess I'm just looking for advice on how to stop making myself feel like a loser.
Original post by Anonymous
I just started dating this guy. He's pretty extraordinary. He's barely out of his teens and he's already the CEO/founder of young tech startup worth 7 figures. This is all great and I'm happy for him, but I feel like I'm not worthy. Yeah, I'm quite book smart but I'm not going to a great university, I have no sense of direction and have absolutely no idea what I want to do in the future.

He's very supportive and he's never done anything to make me feel like this but I can't help it. How do I stop feeling like this? I really do like him and I don't want my irrational feelings to ruin this.

How old is your boyfriend?
The title is so deceptive.
your title made me think that your bf is a badass guy but then when i read your OP i just realised what a greatass he is :yep:
you'll get a degree at the end so dont take it seriously :colondollar:
Original post by InvestmentBankin
Enjoy the sexy relationship with a winner. Just browse through the threads on this forum to read about the unsuccessful relationships, many of which share the same component: a male who is a loser.

But don't winners usually end up with other winners?
Original post by Anonymous
But don't winners usually end up with other winners?

Not everyone can be a winner. Besides it doesn't sound like you're a loser. Just you have low confidence.*
Original post by theBranicAc
How old is your boyfriend?

early 20s
Original post by Kadak
The title is so deceptive.

I apologise
My wife makes me feel like a loser too.

It sounds more like a lack of confidence in your case though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending