The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
my life is grimmer than grim. I don't have the words to even explain how bleak and hopeless everything is. can't say too much, but truly. just horrific.

:Jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lettherebedrums
think i'm on the edge of becoming unwell again. mild fleeting voices for the first time in a couple of months and terrible thoughts. night hallucinations are more intense and insomnia is pretty bad. haven't left the house in about a month and noticed this morning how badly i have neglected to look after myself. i still haven't sorted out dropping out of uni i just can't bring myself to do it cause they will probably reject my reapplication. have to get a note from care coordinator for esa application and they will probably reject that as well. head is a shed at the minute

As opposed to dropping out couldn't you just take leave on health grounds so there's no reapplication, you just pick up where you left off?

I'm sorry to read about you becoming unwell, I think the best thing you can do is tell your care coordinator/psychiatrist and see what they make of things. It might be that you require medication/increasing the dose/switching drug but I think it's good you're catching things early hopefully that means early intervention and so you can get back to yourself quicker.
Original post by Sabertooth
As opposed to dropping out couldn't you just take leave on health grounds so there's no reapplication, you just pick up where you left off?

I'm sorry to read about you becoming unwell, I think the best thing you can do is tell your care coordinator/psychiatrist and see what they make of things. It might be that you require medication/increasing the dose/switching drug but I think it's good you're catching things early hopefully that means early intervention and so you can get back to yourself quicker.

Sorry i got confused by this silly app now cant delete it :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PandaWho
Im gonna lay in bed all day tuesday! So tired abd only done shift 1 of 4!
Doing 12-8 tomorrow wahhhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the job at Tesco? How is it apart from the long hours? :smile:

I finished my summer class yesterday (4 weeks of 7 hours a day) and didn't get out of bed until 2pm today. :tongue:

I did wonder why you quoted me! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
So tired and only done 1 shift out of my 4 day run!
Full of a cold aswell and its on my chest so breathings urm fun!
But loving my job other than the sore feet and bruised knees!

Hopefully find out next week if iv got an interview for the youth work job iv applied for! And also hopefully sign for my flat next week! Then i can start getting my life back together cos currently im living between my mums and brothers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is the job at Tesco? How is it apart from the long hours? :smile:

I finished my summer class yesterday (4 weeks of 7 hours a day) and didn't get out of bed until 2pm today. :tongue:

I did wonder why you quoted me! :biggrin:

Yeah it is.
Its good everyone iv met seems cool, i keep forgetting to do simple things to make life easier like putting in how many of the same items the person has so i dont have to scan every single item, but ill remember eventualy.
And getting awful bruises from kneeling when when doung the bottom shelves!
But it will pay the bills i guess!

Ahh bet your glad its over and can now have a break! Id be rubbish at that class as it seems they test you in a way i dont learn! So dont let it get to you!

Haha even though iv had this phone a while im still not used to this app as the android app is different to the ios one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Yeah it is.
Its good everyone iv met seems cool, i keep forgetting to do simple things to make life easier like putting in how many of the same items the person has so i dont have to scan every single item, but ill remember eventualy.
And getting awful bruises from kneeling when when doung the bottom shelves!
But it will pay the bills i guess!

Ahh bet your glad its over and can now have a break! Id be rubbish at that class as it seems they test you in a way i dont learn! So dont let it get to you!

Haha even though iv had this phone a while im still not used to this app as the android app is different to the ios one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear that everyone seems cool so hopefully you won't be lonely. And I'm sure you'll pick up what to do pretty soon. :smile:

Yeah I can imagine the bruises from the hard floor. Have you thought about wearing like skateboarding kneepads under your trousers when stacking shelves?

I got an F in my class so clearly the method is not that great for me either! :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Is this quoting me? I can't tell on the app :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was me quoting you, yes :redface:
Original post by Deyesy
It was me quoting you, yes :redface:

Ah cool :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to a wedding tomorrow. The weather forecast says 0% chance of rain and 38C so a short sleeved shirt is necessary.

SH/weight

feel really *****y. idk what i'm doing with my life anymore.
Heart is beating so hard, not fast just it is thumping really hard cos got over excited :redface:

~Anon 1

thanks i will have a word with my care coordinator i guess. i have to fill in a form for 'voluntary interruption of studies' so that i can restart in 2017. they require evidence that my health has affected my ability to study over the year but i only became really unwell in april. i became depressed not long after starting the year and went to my personal tutor and one counselling session but between november-april i just suffered in silence really. i feel that they are going to say i should have done more to help myself and will just reject me which will not be good for me.
I hate how snappy I become when I am stressed or anxious. I end up taking it out on those who don't deserve it and are only trying to help me :cry2:
On the verge of a panic attack, I can feel my stomach starting to churn, I feel spacey and dizzy, sick and my heart is racing and I know it'll build into a major panic if I don't calm down. I'm trying to deal with it on my own since Callan's on the phone to his dad and they haven't called each other properly for a while so don't want to disturb them so I'm just in the spare room trying to relax and dance about to some music to try and burn some energy off

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been experiencing mood swings since switching from sertraline to citrolopram.

I'm currently rather upset by a friend of mine and just trying to separate my emotions from the more rational sides of me so I don't overreact.
Really struggling with panic attacks today :cry2: :cry2:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
I've been experiencing mood swings since switching from sertraline to citrolopram.

I'm currently rather upset by a friend of mine and just trying to separate my emotions from the more rational sides of me so I don't overreact.

How long ago did you switch?
I feel so angry at myself. I was stupid enough to think that I could make something of myself; I dared to dream once more and wanted to achieve something.

If it wasn't for my spouse I'd probably be homeless living on the streets. I owe her so much and would love to make her proud of me, but, once again, I have failed.
I feel so angry at myself. I was stupid enough to think that I could make something of myself; I dared to dream once more and wanted to achieve something.

If it wasn't for my spouse I'd probably be homeless living on the streets. I owe her so much and would love to make her proud of me, but, once again, I have failed.

What's up? I'm in the same boat. Every time I try something new I end up failing and the last 4 or 5 years is just a long list of failures on my part. I'm sure you can't be any worse than I am :smile:. I went to University twice and ended up dropping out both times due to mental health.

Just try and take every day one by one and you'll slowly get through this difficult situation.

Latest