The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StopCrying
Ha I can tell you now that my colleagues are aware of this thread and find the thought hilarious of watching your only aguement being "I read a few articles of economists saying that it's bad" we have students in all the time for debates and to discuss points and even run a program to allow that so this is nothing new for us though I suspect they actually come with a bit more preparation and knowledge.

Best get back to work then :rofl:

I think I was more productive when I worked part time at Tesco.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Best get back to work then :rofl:

I think I was more productive when I worked part time at Tesco.

Still waiting for you to give a day rather than just "week after next"
Original post by StopCrying
I honestly have never seen such a bunch of cry babies but I guess that about sums up students for you. I fit the 18-30 demographic and guess what I voted leave and still believe that it's the right choice.

The fact of the matter is you students aren't all special snowflakes, you all study your pointless degrees in media or David Beckham studies then wonder why you can't get jobs. It won't be down to a brexit that you can't get a job it's because you're simply not unique and work places tire or hiring all you spoilt little kids who feel like you deserve to walk into a big pay packet because you spent 3-4 years spending your university loan on booze.

And FYI I don't hold a degree yet I work for a leading firm on a big pay packet and I have worked in Asia as well as the US and all of this was done through hard work and proving my ability to do the job well instead of crying about life.

You weren't special before, you're not special now and the day has finally come where you will have to prove yourself in life rather than showing off about your worthless paper degree so adapt or die. The sadest thing now is that you will probably end up interviewing with someone like myself or others like me who can't stand you whingers which is why you won't get the job and instead we will hire the people who dig deep and understand they have to start at the bottom and work their way up instead of expecting to come in at the top.

Thanks for enlightening me. Always thought it was economic depression that reduced the number of jobs, but now I know it's the evenings I spend weeping on top of my David Beckham Studies.

Also did you literally just say above that having done a degree means you don't deserve to be paid well, but you (who have done no degree, but 'worked hard', those things for some reason being mutually exclusive in your own mind) do for some reason deserve a big pay packet? Should we scrap education altogether? Or is a degree some kind of disqualification from any kind of financial renumeration?

I'm not saying that anybody does or doesn't deserve a big pay packet. There are many ways to crack an egg, and many approaches to a big job - including University education as well as apprenticeships like yourself. Why you are qualified to make the judgement call that no degree is ever worth a 'big pay packet' (that clearly being the ultimate goal) or ever compatible with a hard working ambitious person... honestly, I think you're pronouncing on things that are not at all black and white. If you truly believe all degrees are pointless and that all people who get into business via some kind of work experience method are somehow more deserving, you may wish to open your mind a bit.
What I'm disgusted with is the sheer amount of wimps and snowflakes that colleges are pushing out into the real world.

You wanted a multicultural experience...cool, that's no problem. The problem is that you deliberately ignored the rapes and assaults going on for nothing more than to say the older generation was RAYYYYYYYCISSSTTTTT, as if you have any idea what it really means. You deliberately ignore the idea that Middle Eastern refugees might want to implement Sharia Law in their areas. You know, the law that has ZERO respect for gays or women? Yeah, that one.

The problem with you wimps is threefold:

1. You are obviously book smart, but zero street smarts.

2. You listen to failure at life professors who failed at Capitalism, so they crush it verbally.

3. Yours is the generation of participation trophies and self esteem issues. Instead of real debate, you yell, scream, whine, and stomp your feet like a two year old. Competition is a disease to you wimps.

So yeah, I hope you fail your tests, and I hope you fail out of school if you are going to act like that. All you'll do is whine when things do not go your way, and that's why the real world will kick your ass.
Original post by jmcbrexit38
What I'm disgusted with is the sheer amount of wimps and snowflakes that colleges are pushing out into the real world.

You wanted a multicultural experience...cool, that's no problem. The problem is that you deliberately ignored the rapes and assaults going on for nothing more than to say the older generation was RAYYYYYYYCISSSTTTTT, as if you have any idea what it really means. You deliberately ignore the idea that Middle Eastern refugees might want to implement Sharia Law in their areas. You know, the law that has ZERO respect for gays or women? Yeah, that one.

The problem with you wimps is threefold:

1. You are obviously book smart, but zero street smarts.

2. You listen to failure at life professors who failed at Capitalism, so they crush it verbally.

3. Yours is the generation of participation trophies and self esteem issues. Instead of real debate, you yell, scream, whine, and stomp your feet like a two year old. Competition is a disease to you wimps.

So yeah, I hope you fail your tests, and I hope you fail out of school if you are going to act like that. All you'll do is whine when things do not go your way, and that's why the real world will kick your ass.

I like how Leavers whinge when bringing up another referendum. You are terrified because you know you wouldn't win another one. They're are several reasons to justify another
- Nigel Farage himself admitted that the narrow margin shouldn't be a definite answer
- We had no united post Brexit plan should we vote Leave. This means people voted optimistic that we get a good deal. When our trade deals turn out to be awful, members regret their vote. Not representative therefore.
- The Leave campaigners have disappeared
- Postal votes weren't received in time
- Major decisions TEND to require a 60%+ majority
- Leave already admitted they've blatantly lied in their figures.
- Many voted Leave for reasons not relates to the EU. Such as Syrian refugees or anti-establishment.

The entire campaign on both sides was appalling, I despise the Leave campaign, which pandered to the Far-Right xenophobic wing and has now given it an outlet.

Call our bluff, make a neutral document outlining our trade deals post-EU, then do a re-vote so everyone understands the repercussions. You'll either win again and Remain will concede, or you realise that actually only a minority want to Leave.

I'm from NI and I back Sturgeon. I do find it frustrating that two regions are dragging other regions out. I also find it incredibly irritating that Leave totally ignored our border question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's a hint for you guys. Quit ignoring the truth to push an agenda, actually learn how to properly debate, and you won't lose these referendums.

A bit of truth for you. Most Leavers really aren't RAYYYYYYCIIIISSSTTTT as you dings put it. They just like having jobs, and hate the idea of unvetted migrants coming in, especially with the terrorism fears over the world. This won't stop migration, but it'll give proper control.
Oh you poor poor triggered Princesses. Do you need a safe-space?? How sad you must feel with such a life-altering event. Right up there with the death of one's parents or children. We are sooooo looking forward to having you be the leaders of our new world, knowing that THIS, of all things, has caused you such sadness and trauma. We feel SO safe and secure knowing that you have been raised and educated in an environment that PREPARES you for the real world.

THANK YOU! I applaud you for letting me sleep better at night, knowing our future is in solid emotionally mature capable hands like yours

*** slow.... clap.... ***
Here's a hint for you guys. Quit ignoring the truth to push an agenda, actually learn how to properly debate, and you won't lose these referendums.

A bit of truth for you. Most Leavers really aren't RAYYYYYYCIIIISSSTTTT as you dings put it. They just like having jobs, and hate the idea of unvetted migrants coming in, especially with the terrorism fears over the world. This won't stop migration, but it'll give proper control.

It's a little more complicated than that. Jobs come from a strong economy, which we will more than likely not have, rather we will have a recession. An understanding of the ramifications of this will lead you to the conclusion that we have more than likely just voted for significantly less jobs. Especially if you want to cut migration of our fellow Europeans, in which case we would have to leave the single market, so there will definitely be a large recession and less jobs! You cannot cut off almost half of your country's trade, ruin its financial markets and severely reduce investment into new technology, research and Universities, and then just announce that 'this will all be okay' economically.

Unless of course you don't believe in understanding and 'experts' which the Leave campaign somehow managed to run on as an actual strategy, in which case you can believe in whatever future you so wish. I'm not specifically saying this applies to you necessarily, but seriously... WTF with this argument. I wouldn't get my knee replacement done by Maureen from the Tesco checkout, and I wouldn't get my economic forecasts from her either. I might ask her to sort out my Tesco clubcard, but actually even that would be to believe in experts, as I am suspicious she may have advanced knowledge of how it works and perhaps even some dangerous 'training' on how to set it up.... so maybe I'll get some randomer off the street to try and do it for me instead. Has there ever been a more nonsensical argument in the history of man??

Will we be safer from terrorism? Well given the EU co-ordinated intelligence sharing that allowed us to have first hand information from other member states, I don't know how you can come to that conclusion so simply. Saying farewell to international co-operation on what is an international issue of security and radicalisation is very short-sighted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by seaholme
It's a little more complicated than that. Jobs come from a strong economy, which we will more than likely not have, rather we will have a recession. An understanding of the ramifications of this will lead you to the conclusion that we have more than likely just voted for significantly less jobs. Especially if you want to cut migration of our fellow Europeans, in which case we would have to leave the single market, so there will definitely be a large recession and less jobs! You cannot cut off almost half of your country's trade, ruin its financial markets and severely reduce investment into new technology, research and Universities, and then just announce that 'this will all be okay' economically.

Unless of course you don't believe in understanding and 'experts' which the Leave campaign somehow managed to run on as an actual strategy, in which case you can believe in whatever future you so wish. I'm not specifically saying this applies to you necessarily, but seriously... WTF with this argument. I wouldn't get my knee replacement done by Maureen from the Tesco checkout, and I wouldn't get my economic forecasts from her either. I might ask her to sort out my Tesco clubcard, but actually even that would be to believe in experts, as I am suspicious she may have advanced knowledge of how it works and perhaps even some dangerous 'training' on how to set it up.... so maybe I'll get some randomer off the street to try and do it for me instead. Has there ever been a more nonsensical argument in the history of man??

Will we be safer from terrorism? Well given the EU co-ordinated intelligence sharing that allowed us to have first hand information from other member states, I don't know how you can come to that conclusion so simply. Saying farewell to international co-operation on what is an international issue of security and radicalisation is very short-sighted.

Wow, you make so many assertions to which you give no bases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
and ONLY 36% of 18-24 year olds bothered to get off their arses and vote. So much for grieving. #****inhypocrits

Really? Do you know all the people who voted Leave?

I like here how you've absolutely refused to answer any of our previous questions and called us inept at debating.

"They just like having jobs" - that's super. Why vote Leave then?

Terrorism fears? Okay, so how will leaving the EU guarantee this, controlling refugees?

It doesn't feel pointless that the UK has a land border with the EU? So, migration shouldn't really be affected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vote_leave
and ONLY 36% of 18-24 year olds bothered to get off their arses and vote. So much for grieving. #****inhypocrits

Yup, no time for anyone who complained about the result but didn't vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only 36% of eligible 18-24 year olds voted, if you want something you fight for it! They only have themselves to blame and in my opinion they clearly don't care about their country's future.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vote_leave

Do you not have a basic grasp of statistics though? Do you not think that perhaps the people who are unhappy with the result on this thread are possibly the ones who voted?

Why are you treating 36% as 0%?

Typical logic of a Brexiter.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think it's time to close this thread now Mods?

We are just going over the same ground I feel.
Original post by XcitingStuart
Wow, you make so many assertions to which you give no bases.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*basis

And likewise! I've never seen a single shred of evidence to back up claims we'd have more jobs or a brighter economic outlook after leaving.

Whereas there are a wealth of reasons why not. If you are genuinely curious this sums up a reasonable amount of it:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2016/06/markets-after-referendum

And you also have to take into account the amount of investment the EU made into highly productive UK industries such as science and tech.

The loss of that money and the hit to innovation in this country will take some time to be seen. Honestly I would love to see the economic logic backing up your assertions, I would find it greatly reassuring if it made sense. I don't want to live in an impoverished nation either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
I think it's time to close this thread now Mods?

We are just going over the same ground I feel.

Well everyone is still a waiting for you to arrange a day to have this discussion with my team and and yet as expected in private messages with me you keep avoiding and asking for my personal details ha who in there right mind would give their personal details to someone who keeps avoiding something which they agreed to.

Ladies and gentleman this about sums up the youth of today, scared little trolls who can only talk big behind a computer screen. I have repeatedly given her the offer to come be part of a work scheme where we invite students for discussion and despite her being so sure that she is right she keeps avoiding actually arranging anything which my bet is because she has nothing to present other than showing a few articles that she has read.

And mark my words her rely will be along the lines of me making it up and not working for anyone and why won't I give my name blah blah blah yet publically I have given her this offer at least 3-4 times and she has dodged it. Sounds very similar to all those students who "forgot" to vote and just like them she's a no show.

End of thread close it up.
In a word yes. I am depressed, furious, and #ashamedtobebritish.
Reply 358
Original post by seaholme

You mean like the antiterrorist cooperation between the French and Belgian polices recently? :rolleyes:

The UK is a member of the 5 Eyes system anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about this.
Reply 359
Original post by Cubchoo
Only 36% of eligible 18-24 year olds voted, if you want something you fight for it! They only have themselves to blame and in my opinion they clearly don't care about their country's future.

And among these voters, not all voted Remain.

Latest

Trending

Trending